Favorite Scooby Doo character?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:45:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Favorite Scooby Doo character?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Scooby Doo

Shaggy

Velma

Freddy

Daphne

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Favorite Scooby Doo character?  (Read 1534 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2014, 05:37:58 AM »

vote
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 05:48:11 AM »

Velma. There's really no debating this.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 06:02:39 AM »

Scrappy Doo!

I kid I kid....I always identified with Shaggy when I was a kid.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 08:01:36 AM »

Definitely Scrappy Doo. Voted Shaggy because he's hilarious in retrospect.
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 08:36:26 AM »

flim flam needs more love
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »

Scooby Doo!!!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 11:55:38 AM »

I suppose all those eons ago that I, in some innocent childlike way, thought Daphne was cute. That's before I realized she was cute. Didn't Sarah Michelle Gellar play her in the movies they made a while back? Don't ever forget how great a color lavender is. So Daphne. I don't remember enough about the characters' personalities or anything. Tongue
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 07:45:01 PM »

Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:26:03 AM »

Went with Shaggy, because I look kind of like him. Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 08:27:30 AM »

I don't really understand Scooby Doo.  Why were they driving around the country solving mysteries?  Didn't they have real jobs, or go to school?  Where did they get $ to eat or buy gas for the Mystery Machine?  Was Scooby named after the Scooby Snacks, or were they named after him?  If the latter, then how did he get to be so famous that people are naming dog food after him?  Do they really have that much fame?  Why is it that when they split up, it's usually Shaggy (the wimpiest and most incompetent of the four humans) paired with the dog, while the other three humans go off on their own?  Doesn't make much sense.  And most importantly, why do they always run away from the ghosts and monsters?  Every single time, it isn't a real ghost.  It's someone in a costume.  So why run away?  Why not just tackle the guy and rip off his mask?
courts
Ghost_white
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 12:39:39 PM »

i always assumed scooby doo was set in some sort of post-apocalyptic world. weirdly i'm not the only one there. then again adventure time is a thing so i guess it's not that weird to imagine other cartoons having a similar backstory

http://www.cracked.com/article_19496_6-classic-kids-shows-secretly-set-in-nightmarish-universes.html
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2014, 01:44:32 PM »

I don't really understand Scooby Doo.  Why were they driving around the country solving mysteries?  Didn't they have real jobs, or go to school?  Where did they get $ to eat or buy gas for the Mystery Machine?  Was Scooby named after the Scooby Snacks, or were they named after him?  If the latter, then how did he get to be so famous that people are naming dog food after him?  Do they really have that much fame?  Why is it that when they split up, it's usually Shaggy (the wimpiest and most incompetent of the four humans) paired with the dog, while the other three humans go off on their own?  Doesn't make much sense.  And most importantly, why do they always run away from the ghosts and monsters?  Every single time, it isn't a real ghost.  It's someone in a costume.  So why run away?  Why not just tackle the guy and rip off his mask?

Complaining about Scooby-Doo is a Scooby-Don't.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2014, 02:15:35 PM by X »

I don't really understand Scooby Doo.  Why were they driving around the country solving mysteries?  Didn't they have real jobs, or go to school?  Where did they get $ to eat or buy gas for the Mystery Machine?  Was Scooby named after the Scooby Snacks, or were they named after him?  If the latter, then how did he get to be so famous that people are naming dog food after him?  Do they really have that much fame?  Why is it that when they split up, it's usually Shaggy (the wimpiest and most incompetent of the four humans) paired with the dog, while the other three humans go off on their own?  Doesn't make much sense.  And most importantly, why do they always run away from the ghosts and monsters?  Every single time, it isn't a real ghost.  It's someone in a costume.  So why run away?  Why not just tackle the guy and rip off his mask?

Why were they driving around the country solving mysteries?

Answer: Why not?  They're contributing to the well-being of the various communities they visit by capturing criminals.

Didn't they have real jobs, or go to school?

Answer: Of course, why do think the show was only half an hour with commercials?

Where did they get $ to eat or buy gas for the Mystery Machine?

Answer: Cartoon characters don't need food, silly.  The Mystery Machine presumably runs on Scooby Snacks and thus does not need gas.

Was Scooby named after the Scooby Snacks, or were they named after him?

Presumably they call them Scooby Snacks because the dog likes them so much.  This suggests they're not dog-food per-say.  Which makes sense because if it wasn't the case then Shaggy's constantly eating dog food.

If the latter, then how did he get to be so famous that people are naming dog food after him?

From the cartoon, of course.

Yup.

Why is it that when they split up, it's usually Shaggy (the wimpiest and most incompetent of the four humans) paired with the dog, while the other three humans go off on their own?  Doesn't make much sense.

Shaggy and the dog have the most in common (they run away from everything, are obsessed with food, are generally incompetent, really like Scooby Snacks, etc).  Another possibility is that Scooby-Doo is technically Shaggy's dog.

And most importantly, why do they always run away from the ghosts and monsters?  Every single time, it isn't a real ghost.  It's someone in a costume.  So why run away?

Because if they didn't run away, this might happen someday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeB6PovANjE 

Why not just tackle the guy and rip off his mask?'

Because then the show would be over in like 4-5 minutes (at most).  This one seems pretty obvious, tbh.

TL;DR: To quote the Mystery Science Theater 3000 theme song: "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, then repeat to yourself 'it's just a show; I should really just relax..."

Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:16 PM »
« Edited: October 02, 2014, 01:56:39 PM by Citizen (The) Doctor »

I don't really understand Scooby Doo.  Why were they driving around the country solving mysteries?  Didn't they have real jobs, or go to school?  Where did they get $ to eat or buy gas for the Mystery Machine?  Was Scooby named after the Scooby Snacks, or were they named after him?  If the latter, then how did he get to be so famous that people are naming dog food after him?  Do they really have that much fame?  Why is it that when they split up, it's usually Shaggy (the wimpiest and most incompetent of the four humans) paired with the dog, while the other three humans go off on their own?  Doesn't make much sense.  And most importantly, why do they always run away from the ghosts and monsters?  Every single time, it isn't a real ghost.  It's someone in a costume.  So why run away?  Why not just tackle the guy and rip off his mask?

Isn't it pretty much implied that they get paid and build up fame by traveling around the country and figuring **** out. They're like an unscientific college-age Mythbusters.

EDIT: Also anyone growing up in the 2000s knows that they've pretty much established that at least Velma has a degree in something science-y.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 06:33:57 PM »

Scrappy Doo
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

i always assumed scooby doo was set in some sort of post-apocalyptic world. weirdly i'm not the only one there. then again adventure time is a thing so i guess it's not that weird to imagine other cartoons having a similar backstory

http://www.cracked.com/article_19496_6-classic-kids-shows-secretly-set-in-nightmarish-universes.html

Wow. That was an amazing article.

In any case, voted Shaggy.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 10:18:50 PM »

Scooby Doo
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2014, 03:35:54 PM »

Freddy.

I thought it was absolutely hilarious how a reoccurring instance on this program was how Freddy would instruct Scooby, Shaggy and Velma to stick together and look around for clues while he and Daphne would go off and do the same in another part of the house. 

We all know what they we're getting into "upstairs". 
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 03:39:22 PM »
« Edited: October 03, 2014, 03:41:53 PM by HockeyDude »

Shaggy.  He's literally the perpetually stoned tag-along with insatiable munchies and who talks to his dog.  I argue that Shaggy is possibly the only character, the whole guy in a monster suit is a recurring bad trip, and that the whole thing is in Shaggy's head.  
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 07:49:56 PM »

I think I'll stick with Fetal Scooby Doo:

http://vimeo.com/105289387
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 12:12:28 AM »

I had a crush on Daphne from the time I was two until I was about seven. I feel like Oldies.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 01:39:15 AM »

Team Daphne
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 08:41:11 AM »

I know it seems like the easy option, but I have to go with Scooby Doo.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies