IDS 2: Small Growth Act of 2014 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:35:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  IDS 2: Small Growth Act of 2014 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: IDS 2: Small Growth Act of 2014  (Read 1506 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« on: October 01, 2014, 08:44:10 PM »

I like tax credits over deductions because generally, the credit gives employers a higher refund than a deduction does.

We did some of this at the federal level during my presidency, including making these credits cash convertible in the event a business was new and didn't pay taxes yet. I support doing it at the regional level too because 10% unemployment isn't acceptable at any level of government.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:43 PM »

I like tax credits over deductions because generally, the credit gives employers a higher refund than a deduction does.

We did some of this at the federal level during my presidency, including making these credits cash convertible in the event a business was new and didn't pay taxes yet. I support doing it at the regional level too because 10% unemployment isn't acceptable at any level of government.

I do recall that, and yes, tax credits are good. And making it cash convertible is actually a very good idea, encouraging not just small businesses, but new businesses.

Yes, I did have some good ideas when I was in the White House. Tongue

It's just a matter of whether we want to do it too at the state level since we already do it at the federal level. I forget if we put a timetable on it at the federal level or if it extended to existing companies. We also cut corporate taxes and lowered tax rates even more if businesses created jobs in Atlasia.

I suppose this could count towards businesses' regional tax rates and give people extra incentive to hire or start new businesses.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »

I do recall that, and yes, tax credits are good. And making it cash convertible is actually a very good idea, encouraging not just small businesses, but new businesses.

Yes, I did have some good ideas when I was in the White House. Tongue

It's just a matter of whether we want to do it too at the state level since we already do it at the federal level. I forget if we put a timetable on it at the federal level or if it extended to existing companies. We also cut corporate taxes and lowered tax rates even more if businesses created jobs in Atlasia.

I suppose this could count towards businesses' regional tax rates and give people extra incentive to hire or start new businesses.

I think it already does apply to regional tax rates, though if it doesn't, I'm sure we could amend it to make that clear.

So the ideas are not already there-

- Cash convertible
- Make it apply to Regional Tax Rates
- Make it refundable (this is my new idea)

The federal program is cash convertible, at least it was in the original bill I proposed, and I believe shua and I kept it that way. The final version I signed also set up the small business loans program through a federal agency that had been killed in previous years. Go figure.

I have no idea how the bill applies to regions though. We can amend it though to make sure it does apply.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 07:46:50 PM »

Duke do you have that amendment with all those features? I'll add the possibility of refundability tomorrow.

Which bill? Amend this one or the federal one?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »

Do we want this to mirror the federal program and be an addition to it? How do we want to work this amendment?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 01:54:29 PM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies