Confirmation Hearing: Hifly15 for SoEA (Rejected) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:23:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Confirmation Hearing: Hifly15 for SoEA (Rejected) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Confirmation Hearing: Hifly15 for SoEA (Rejected)  (Read 2193 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: October 01, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »

You mentioned free trade agreements with the Chinese. Should not any agreement made with China, or indeed any other nation, be based upon its human rights record, especially with regard to how it treats the workers there? Should we not press for stronger policy with regards to cheap labor, not just for China, but for other nations as well?

Or on the principle it would be economically suicidal, for a number of reasons?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 11:53:25 AM »

What in their history makes one think that Hamas would be any more cooperative with a single state then a with a two-state solution?

I like to remain somewhat balanced on this issue and recognize that Israel has gone too far at times and that has empowered the radicals in Palestine. At the same time Israel has to defend its people.

I somewhat agree with this line of thinking. I don't think a one state solution is going to ever work. The best thing would be to work toward a two state solution that is fair to both sides, because both sides have legitimate grievance. The only way that situation will ever be handled properly is if there is independent arbitration that favors neither side.

That pesky "Israel problem"... ah yes, the brutal rendition of Adolf Eichmann was unconcionable!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies