Petition for the Withdrawal of Mideast Speaker Hifly's Nomination as SoEA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:56:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Petition for the Withdrawal of Mideast Speaker Hifly's Nomination as SoEA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Petition for the Withdrawal of Mideast Speaker Hifly's Nomination as SoEA  (Read 1229 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 30, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
« edited: October 01, 2014, 12:44:06 PM by X »

We the undersigned urge President DemPGH to withdraw the nomination of Mideast Speaker Hifly for the office of Secretary of Exterior Affairs.  As Speaker of the Mideast Assembly, Hifly recently rammed through legislation which would've forced the Mideast's schools to indoctrinate our children with radical anti-gay propaganda.  We believe that the President, particularly a President who has presented himself in the past as a champion of marriage equality, should not reward the most infamous anti-gay rights activist in the land with a cabinet post.  More importantly, the Secretary of Exterior Affairs plays a vital role in deciding matters such as whether Atlasia shall finally cease funding the homophobic hate ministries in nations such as Uganda, many of which advocate violence against the LGBT community.  Worst of all, Speaker Hifly has literally condemned efforts to bring SS guards at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp to justice, despite their involvement in one of the worst crimes in human history.  In light of these and other serious concerns about Speaker Hifly's judgement, we ask President DemPGH to stand with our nation's LGBT and Jewish communities against bigotry by withdrawing Speaker Hifly's nomination.

X Malcom X
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 09:43:19 PM »

x MattVT
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 10:45:15 PM »

x Fritz
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 11:05:28 PM »

Hifly? What an odd choice....
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 11:06:10 PM »

Wait, why would anyone nominate Hifly for anything?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 11:23:08 PM »

Ask President DemPGH and Griffin, they seem to be the ones championing his nomination.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 11:32:41 PM »

Ask President DemPGH and Griffin, they seem to be the ones championing his nomination.

Is this some sort of power move to ship him off to Somalia and away from any domestic policy influence?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 11:59:52 PM »

Not championing his nomination: just not taking kindly to your latest attempt to sow discontent in Labor and align yourself with the most popular position on the most hot-button issue!

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:03:25 AM »

Not championing his nomination: just not taking kindly to your latest attempt to sow discontent in Labor and align yourself with the most popular position on the most hot-button issue!

Roll Eyes
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 01:03:12 AM »

Roll Eyes

At least his allegations are better than being an Uncle Lindsey.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 01:13:14 AM »

Roll Eyes

At least his allegations are better than being an Uncle Lindsey.

While you were making up fake controversies, I was digging up the details on that awful bill so it can be handled in the way it needed to be, bud.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 01:24:20 AM »

And I was proposing a bill making sure any of that garbage would never be taught in Northeast schools. Your point?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 01:27:44 AM »

And I was proposing a bill making sure any of that garbage would never be taught in Northeast schools. Your point?

Was that you don't have one, of course.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:03 AM »

Was that you don't have one, of course.

Look closer, boo-boo. Barnes says he'll veto a bill like that if it crosses his desk. I'm making sure it can never get to that point, even if hifly himself is elected Governor.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 04:12:56 AM »

Unsurprisingly this is little more than a campaign to discredit Hifly on account that he does not automatically support intervening in foreign nations and murdering people to further the interests of Atlasian capitalists, which is a prerequisite for being considered "sane" on foreign policy issues by the likes of X.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2014, 05:24:07 AM »

Unsurprisingly this is little more than a campaign to discredit Hifly on account that he does not automatically support intervening in foreign nations and murdering people to further the interests of Atlasian capitalists, which is a prerequisite for being considered "sane" on foreign policy issues by the likes of X.

Did anyone say that? Has anyone mentioned anything besides Hifly's blatant homophobia? Because if they have I haven't seen it.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2014, 06:20:30 AM »

You're verging on self-parody...
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2014, 06:31:39 AM »

Gosh. Ever since I've sneakily moved back to the IDS, everyone seemed to go mad. 0.0
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 11:15:02 AM »

xMarokai

I sign this not out of hatred of Hilfy, or insult to DemPGH, but merely extreme skepticism in Hilfy's temperament in handling a job that represents us to the rest of the world. We have statute, and are party to international treaties and resolutions, that protect the rights of disadvantaged minorities, specifically LGBT individuals, to the extent that it impacts trade laws. Perhaps Hilfy could surprise us all and do a good job, but I have too many doubts at this time.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 12:07:15 PM »

You're verging on self-parody...

X can't figure out how to oppose hifly being nominated except via appealing to general disgust with how hifly feels about same-sex marriage. That's clearly not his actual motive, given that in the past X hasn't had trouble voting to confirm others with more disgusting views (Ben Constine springs to mind) to positions in the cabinet.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »

At least we'd be rid of him in the Assembly if he got this job... But alas, Atlasia doesn't need that kind of worldwide embarrassment.

X Franzl
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:50 PM »

In regards to the Senator from the Midwest's point about Hifly's foreign policy being a plus for the administration:

Could you really find no one else?  It's not like non-interventionists and pacifists are rare in this game?

Ftr, I really don't have an opinion on whether or not Hifly gets nominated.  My side in the Legislature would certainly benefit if he were to leave but I also agree with some of the concerns mentioned here.

Admittedly, I am most curious if the intent here is to remove him from the Mideast and put him into a place that doesn't directly impact the lawmaking process (in Atlasia at least).  Though I'm not sure how wise it would be to put somebody who was on mod review in this position.  When the modfuerhers have a hardon for them there is no telling how long they will last.

This is the only explanation that would make some remote sense, given the massive areas of disagreement between Hifly and the President.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 12:34:59 PM »

I must admit to being confused why the bulk of the opposition to hifly's nomination stems from his homophobia. Surely his equally repellent anti-Semitism and apologism for concentration camp guards (he probably didn't do anything wrong!) is more troubling in this context?

Thank goodness he can now Rest in Peace. Only God will be his judge, not the reactionaries and zionists!
Thank goodness he can now Rest in Peace. Only God will be his judge, not the reactionaries and zionists!

See what I meant in the other thread?

Not really. I'm just happy that the judicial reactionaries who wanted him tried for murder even though he probably didn't do anything wrong and the conservative zionists who wanted him hanged have been defeated. They have a really backward attitude to justice.

This one seems familiar -

On France, I would probably support Madame Le Pen over Hollande.

Bonus fun:

Drug smugglers are in my opinion the only underclass of heathen who come close to deserving the death penalty and/or compulsory sterilisation, and the latter penalty should also be avaliable for alcoholics.
I hardly have any sympathy for drug smugglers and consumers who are awarded the death penalty, although I do for virtually all other classes of criminals who are.

Yet these far-left degenerate hooligans still have the audacity to criticize their far-right opponents for being thuggish.
This is embarrassing for Hamburg.

Children ought to have a better upbringing than under a tribal Roma or Irish Traveller family.
The lack of concern among many families for the educational development of their children is a horrific indication of a backward culture which must modernise.

This is the person people want representing Atlasia on the world stage?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 12:41:54 PM »

I must admit to being confused why the bulk of the opposition to hifly's nomination stems from his homophobia. Surely his equally repellent anti-Semitism and apologism for concentration camp guards (he probably didn't do anything wrong!) is more troubling in this context?

See what I meant in the other thread?

Not really. I'm just happy that the judicial reactionaries who wanted him tried for murder even though he probably didn't do anything wrong and the conservative zionists who wanted him hanged have been defeated. They have a really backward attitude to justice.

This one seems familiar -

On France, I would probably support Madame Le Pen over Hollande.

Bonus fun:

Drug smugglers are in my opinion the only underclass of heathen who come close to deserving the death penalty and/or compulsory sterilisation, and the latter penalty should also be avaliable for alcoholics.
I hardly have any sympathy for drug smugglers and consumers who are awarded the death penalty, although I do for virtually all other classes of criminals who are.

Yet these far-left degenerate hooligans still have the audacity to criticize their far-right opponents for being thuggish.
This is embarrassing for Hamburg.

Children ought to have a better upbringing than under a tribal Roma or Irish Traveller family.
The lack of concern among many families for the educational development of their children is a horrific indication of a backward culture which must modernise.

This is the person people want representing Atlasia on the world stage?

We the undersigned urge President DemPGH to withdraw the nomination of Mideast Speaker Hifly for the office of Secretary of Exterior Affairs.  As Speaker of the Mideast Assembly, Hifly recently rammed through legislation which would've forced the Mideast's schools to indoctrinate our children with radical anti-gay propaganda.  We believe that the President, particularly a President who has presented himself in the past as a champion of marriage equality, should not reward the most infamous anti-gay rights activist in the land with a cabinet post.  More importantly, the Secretary of Exterior Affairs plays a vital role in deciding matters such as whether Atlasia shall finally cease funding the homophobic hate ministries in nations such as Uganda, many of which advocate violence against the LGBT community.  Worst of all, Speaker Hifly has literally condemned efforts to bring SS guards at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp to justice, despite their involvement in one of the worst crimes in human history.  In light of these and other serious concerns about Speaker Hifly's judgement, we ask President DemPGH to stand with our nation's LGBT and Jewish communities against bigotry by withdrawing Speaker Hifly's nomination.

X Malcom X

I couldn't find some of his past anti-Semetic posts and only wanted to include the parts I was certain I could prove.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 02:34:58 PM »

Oakvale I think it says more about yourself that you don't seem to care about children suffering because their parents don't care about their education, as well as the problems of drug smuggling. I would say that someone who thinks that people should be punished for crimes nobody has proven they committed is a danger to world peace. That's just my opinion, though.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies