Charlie Rangel, still a moron (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Charlie Rangel, still a moron (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Charlie Rangel, still a moron  (Read 1459 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 30, 2014, 11:48:49 PM »

link
You must be logged in to read this quote.
much more insanity at link
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 12:38:54 AM »

Consistently stupid and wrong doesn't make for a good point....link-PDF
We've done this at least 3 times before.  The US military's financial and racial makeup is pretty much the same as the US as a whole... a little more middle class a little more southern.  A little less rich, a little less poor, a little less northeasterners.  But there are plenty of white middle class people in the military, more than average even.  The meme that the US military is full of poor people or "browns" is a strong one, but it's just not true.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 01:57:44 AM »

I don't care if they care or not, they are obviously morons just like him as they keep voting the corrupt douche back in office.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 07:33:29 AM »

He has a point in general that the US would probably be more reluctant to fight wars if the average person had to actually fight them.
AGAIN, the military IS a near perfect cross section of the US at large.  It's full of "average" people.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:15:52 AM »

One thing to keep in mind, most people (75%) of fighting age aren't able to join for various reasons.  Too dumb or too fat/out of shape are the...ahem...big ones.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 09:35:40 AM »

You still have not found a Democrat or a liberal that can match Republican nonsense, so please keep searching, your quest is entertaining.
I'm not looking for anything, certainly not balance between the two, as I don't care much for either.  But thanks for reading!
I'm not particular anxious for war, but I did (and sort of still do) put myself on the line thankyouverymuch.
Suggesting that the nation ought to pay for a war should it to choose to go to war is a perfectly reasonable suggestion. Doing things the George Bush way is what was moronic.
Agreed on both counts.Except as has been pointed out several times now, he's not...but whatever, some you guys read only what you want to read.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 10:34:20 AM »

It's not cite
Probably, but I'm not finding proof one way or the other.  It's certainly not as religious as non-religious non-military people seem to think it is.
slightly so, but if you'll note, Rangel was claiming it wasn't white enough for him
obviously
odd....cite?

So, then you agree we need to shake Americans out of war apathy, which is what Rangel is saying?
[/quote]sure?  But is the draft the best way to do that?  Nobody involved wants it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »

Yeah, I wasn't expecting that.  Sure, we can expect it from Snowbigot (who never even showed up), lief and Joe...the boring contrarians, but not from King and Franzl.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies