How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:23:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: ?
No detentions

1-2 detentions

3-4 detentions

5 or more detentions

No suspensions

At least 1 suspension

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 129

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?  (Read 7231 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2014, 04:40:43 PM »

Probably about 5 detentions, although I should have really should have been awarded about 100. I just managed to wriggle my way out things effectively.

"Wriggle."
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2014, 04:41:21 PM »

0 and 0.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 05:07:26 PM »

A ton.  Mostly for being late to school or just taking the day off.  Some for being a smart ass.  A few for refusing to take my NY Mets hat off.  One out-of-school suspension for calling a teacher a "whore". 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 05:12:10 PM »

A ton.  Mostly for being late to school or just taking the day off.  Some for being a smart ass.  A few for refusing to take my NY Mets hat off.  One out-of-school suspension for calling a teacher a "whore". 

Christ!
GaussLaw
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 05:59:45 PM »

At least five.  I've lost count. 

The way it worked in my school is that we were sent to the Student Assignment Center (SAC).  We say, "I got the sac, man" or "I got sacked."  SAC was horrible.  Normally school went from 8:30 till about 3:00, but SAC ran from 8:00 till 3:00.  It was so hard to get there on time, and tardiness added a day extra in SAC.  Also, there was no smoking in SAC.  Remember I grew up before there was a "smoking age."  I've been buying cigarettes since I was old enough to reach the counter, and back in those days high schools commonly allowed smoking.  It was not uncommon to see students smoking at school.  At my school, smoking was allowed outdoors at any time between classes or during lunch, as well as before and after school.  SAC had a strict no smoking policy, and any violation resulted in two days being added to the assignment. 

Typically a student would be assigned to one day in SAC for a small offense such as excessive tardiness to class, three days for cutting class, five days for engaging in fisticuffs, and ten or more days for serious offenses such as smoking weed on campus.  A perfect disciplinary record at SAC meant that a student's assignment was halved.  Ten days, for example, meant that you'd get out after five days if you were really well-behaved.  That never happened to me.  In fact, often a three-day SAC assignment would end up being a 14- or 15-day stay in that hellhole.  It was in a seedy part of town and it was populated by thugs and roughians.  Good students who made one mistake would end up in SAC, being influenced by some pretty unruly elements.  On any day there might be 20 to 30 students there ranging from 9th to 12th grade, and for the most part they were a wild bunch.

Teachers would send the daily assignments via courier to SAC.  For things like music and sports, there'd be no assignment.  You just missed out on practice.  For a chemistry lab, you might be assigned to write a report on that subject.  I put all sorts garbage in them it to see if he actually read them.  For example, once my chemistry teacher had me write a five-page report on Michael Faraday.  I wrote that he was a Satanist who practiced masochism and sadism.  In another report I wrote that Robert Boyle had been abducted by aliens and it caused him to develop a drinking habit.  Got an A on that one, and on all the rest of them.  I'm guessing he didn't read them.  Punk. 

Academically advanced students were expected to assist others once they finished their work.  I was always expected to do this.  I had to constantly tutor some excruciatingly dumb students.  It was very frustrating, but it did have its rewards.  Mr. Davos, who ran the place, always kept a bottle of Jim Beam in his office.  Because I was doing extra work I often had access to his office, and to his Jim Beam.  I was careful never to take too much so he wouldn't notice.  Also, Mr. Davos and his teachers, Mrs. Fullbright, Mrs. Shapiro, and Mrs. Sanchez, often sent me out to get their lunch.  Sometimes it was sandwiches from the local deli, sometimes it was barbeque or fast food or pizza .  On those trips, it was understood that I was allowed to eat there if I had finished my own work and could get back quickly.  Those trips were very much treasured, as they afforded me the opportunity to torch up a blunt on the way, so that I might relax and enjoy my time in SAC. 

I don't think my school used the words "detention" and "suspension" but I got plenty of SAC.  Overall, it was a horrible experience, but no so horrible as to be a deterrent to delinquency and misbehavior, apparently, as I was sent there a number of times during my high school years.  I voted 5 or more.

SAC sounds a lot like SHU or isolation in prison.  I guess maybe the talk about the pipeline has some validity. Tongue
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 06:02:46 PM »

Two Saturday detentions for writing stories in imitation of Marquis de Sade freshman year and several regular ones (which i served in the form of another Saturday detention senior year) due to being late.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 06:05:41 PM »

Two Saturday detentions for writing stories in imitation of Marquis de Sade freshman year

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2014, 06:09:11 PM »

Christ!

I'm sure you were a rational little angel at 15, too. 
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2014, 06:20:55 PM »

Worst thing I ever got was a warning.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2014, 08:22:56 PM »

Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »

5+ detentions, and 3 suspensions.
Consciously Unconscious
Liberty Republican
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2014, 08:50:31 PM »

None.  Homeschooled, lol. 
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 09:32:08 PM »

No detentions or suspensions; but they don't do them in my school...
How do they punish in your school?  Is it like the UN, do they give you a strongly worded letter?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 09:34:03 PM »

In high school? I'm only a senior. I've served one in-school suspension (basically a detention that lasts the entire day), sophomore year. Aside from that, nothing (definitely no actual suspensions -- it didn't count as a suspension on my record). Voted for '1-2 detentions' and 'no suspensions'.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »

5 in total, 4 my Senior year. Mostly for tardies, but there was one BS "insubordination" one thrown in for good measure.

I got one for "insubordination" Freshman because I corrected myself answering a question in Algebra and my teacher took it as me joking and therefore wasting his time. lol.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 10:25:13 PM »

In high school? I'm only a senior. I've served one in-school suspension (basically a detention that lasts the entire day), sophomore year. Aside from that, nothing (definitely no actual suspensions -- it didn't count as a suspension on my record). Voted for '1-2 detentions' and 'no suspensions'.

Aw man those were the worst if you had a bad proctor.  I got a few of those in my day because I refused to do "Saturday School". 
Redalgo
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:08 PM »

No suspensions but at least a dozen detentions - all of which were assigned as punishments for improperly conjugating irregular verbs in a Spanish class.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2014, 10:36:58 PM »

No suspensions but at least a dozen detentions - all of which were assigned as punishments for improperly conjugating irregular verbs in a Spanish class.
whoa, that's hardcore (not by you, but by TPTB).
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »

I was homeschooled, so...
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »

Aw man those were the worst if you had a bad proctor.  I got a few of those in my day because I refused to do "Saturday School". 

Oh no, our guy was pretty chill, and we could talk/move around the room pretty freely (just can't leave). But I don't hang with the kind of crowd that get those frequently, and we were still shut up in one room for seven hours, so it was soul-crushingly boring.
Aliens
Invader
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2014, 12:23:50 AM »

I didn't get any normal detentions, but I had one Saturday detention.  Even though it was almost 3 hours, it was actually a pretty fun Saturday morning.  Along with a 1 hour lunch break, we just played seven up, watched a movie, and because it was almost Mother's Day, we had to write a kind letter to give to our moms.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2014, 12:36:08 AM »

I don't recall getting any; in elementary school, however, I was constantly in trouble.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2014, 12:38:20 AM »

One detention, but I was exonerated and released from ISS after a day and a half upon a proper review of the evidence against me. It was because of my minor involvement in a series of events that lead to the school's PA system getting hacked and an obscenity being uttered over the loudspeakers. One of the assistant principals was convinced that I was secretly the mastermind behind the whole thing.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2014, 12:48:19 AM »

One, for forgetting my french book somewhere (still not entirely sure).
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2014, 01:03:31 AM »

I vaguely recall losing my recess because I couldn't complete some dumb arts and crafts assignment in 1st grade. That's about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies