How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:47:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Poll
Question: ?
No detentions

1-2 detentions

3-4 detentions

5 or more detentions

No suspensions

At least 1 suspension

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 129

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: How many detentions and suspensions did you get in high school?  (Read 7241 times)
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 03, 2014, 07:05:03 PM »

I got suspended only twice (and both times were only 1 day each). I also got detention only once.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2014, 07:10:25 PM »

In elementary school, I had ISS once (for some BS reason) and only got detention once (again for a BS reason). In high school, however, my discipline record was rather clean. In fact, I never was called into the principal's office at all in high school.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »

I don't even know how I would get a detention. The teachers are so nice and lenient here that you have to be REALLY bad to get one, I honestly haven't witnessed someone getting a detention since 8th grade. So the answer would be 0/0.

That's interesting.  The general trend in schools seems to be more detentions/suspensions, not fewer.  The only discipline going on its way out is corporal punishment.

The only thing they're "cracking down" on in my school is being late. And really there's no reason for being late, so that's that. Usually they're extremely nannyist in elementary school, but once you get to high school or even in middle school staff are pretty chill.

I did get one detention in elementary school (6th grade to be exact). And it was for simply having an iPod (my first one). I wasn't even using it, I just had it. That was only five years ago for me... the progress we've had with device technology is amazing . Simply having it was an abomination to school staff just a half decade ago, and now you can use it in class as long as the teacher isn't in a lecture (which would be a small minority of the period in most classes but still)

But yeah, I really feel bad for the schools across the country that are looking more and more like prison cells than educational centers. Zero tolerance BS has to be wiped out.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #78 on: October 03, 2014, 08:41:59 PM »

I was too much of a "goody two-shoes" to get anything.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2014, 03:09:39 AM »

Quite a few detentions, most of them because several of my class were  ups and in the lower grades my teachers felt that it was best to keep the whole class back rather than the students who ed up.

One suspension, at the very end of my schooling. Was involved in a muck-up day prank which failed bad. Me and about 20 others got suspended, I got off early though as I missed the meeting which I was supposed to have (as no-one told me the time and I didn't have classes until very late that day) and had it terminated prematurely when I made the follow-up meeting.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2014, 07:52:55 AM »

I got in a lot of trouble when I was in fifth grade, which I suspect was me acting out as (sorry if this is TMI) a subconscious response to being sexually abused the summer before. I got suspended once that year for calling the teacher a bitch. In high school I probably should have been suspended a couple times. My humor is very blue and tended to have some very not-school-appropriate language.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2014, 08:02:26 AM »

I got in a lot of trouble when I was in fifth grade, which I suspect was me acting out as (sorry if this is TMI) a subconscious response to being sexually abused the summer before. I got suspended once that year for calling the teacher a bitch. In high school I probably should have been suspended a couple times. My humor is very blue and tended to have some very not-school-appropriate language.

I am so sorry that happened to you! Sad
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2014, 09:36:26 AM »

My high school didn't have detention; it had lunch detention (in other words, you ate your lunch in a classroom where you weren't allowed to talk). I think I was written up for one or two for very stupid reasons, but my mom bailed me out so I never had to serve.
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2014, 06:30:51 PM »

At the end of senior year I was kind of given a detention for skipping an assembly to finish editing the school newspaper, but I never served the detention and graduated as normal after the dean laughed at the busybody math teacher who caught me.

In kindergarten I was falsely accused of stealing something from another student and got a series of talkings-to by my teachers, parents, and principal, all of whom got increasingly mad each time I refused to confess to a crime I didn't commit.

So I guess 1.
New_Conservative
United States

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »

Junior, no detentions or suspensions, and I doubt any are coming in the future.

I had a few in middle school though, when I was a lot less mature and consistently looking for attention Wink.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2014, 07:39:53 PM »

I am so sorry that happened to you! Sad

Same here! That's horrible. Sad
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2015, 01:42:39 PM »

<Bump>

I got suspended once in 7th grade. I wish i could say it was for something interesting, but it was just for getting to many detentions (6, i think). Even the detentions were mostly uneventful. We had something called "conduct cards" for lesser infractions, 3 of which would earn you a detention, and my homeroom/English teacher passed them out like confetti (e.g. for forgetting to bring a pencil to class). I sdaly earned a couple that way.

Actually, two stand out: once another kid and i were on the bus coming back from a field trip flipping the bird to random drivers at cross streets. being new to school , i didn't recognize. a teacher driving back from jury duty, and.......a LOT of yelling and tears from Mom that night. Sad

another time a kid at the desk next to me and i got into a tug of war over a pencil we both claimed , so i bit his hand to make him let go, and we both got detentions. he was a bit perturbed but laughed when i brought it up during my best man's toast at his wedding years later. Smiley
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2015, 02:05:37 PM »

I was sent to detention for boring petty reasons like being late all the time.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:58 PM »

None in high school, but I did get one detention in middle school for being late without a pass a few times. Luckily, my dad got me out of it since it wasn't my fault.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2015, 06:59:49 PM »

None to my knowledge.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2015, 03:17:32 AM »

I drove home from Tally with my best friend,and he reminded me of an incident from fifth grade.

So there was this kid named Nick who moved to Delray from France. He was stereotypically effeminate and was allowed to have long hair despite the schools policy. He was like a small puppy who snips at your shoes-needless to say, he wasn't well liked. One day in Mrs. Ericsons PE class (total MILF by the way), my best friend Chris and my other friend Matt decided that pantsing people was fun. They tried doing it to me but failed as I grabbed hold of my pants. Chris and Matt then pantsed our friend Mason as Mrs. Mook, our forth grade teacher, walked by. She laughed and walked on by. Chris and Matt then saw Nicholas, who was in the outfield (we were playing kickball I think), ran after him, and eventually pulled down his pants. Instead of lifting them back up, Nicholas literally began to sob with his pants around his ankles.

So Chris and Matt went to the office, to face the Principal, Mr. Guilzow, a soft spoken mild mannered man. The same principle who had literally shrugged his shoulders when I fought a kid a month earlier in the same class was very, very pissed. Chris and Matt received three weeks of detention, two Saturday schools, had to write apology letters to Nicholas, both his parents, Mrs. Ericsson, and to the Principle himself. They also had to clean the bus, to top it off, while the Principal lectured them.

Good times. Before my brother went into the group home, and long before my other brother and mother developed addiction problems. I still believed in the Iraq War. Grandma June was still alive and would remain so for seven years. I yearn for those days Tongue
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2015, 03:33:02 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2015, 03:40:37 AM by Intell »

None, though I used to get in trouble for talking in class, or doing sh*t I wasn't supposed, or doing homework from other periods in that period. I actually never did my homework at home.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2015, 09:56:19 AM »

Man the clean cut white boy vote came out in force.   
Starpaul20
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -5.22

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2015, 10:34:22 AM »

No detentions or suspensions, though I did get a lunch detention in high school from somebody throwing garbage at the teacher when she was turned away from the class (she didn't figure out who did it and gave the entire class lunch detention).

There was one time in high school, somebody I knew lit contact cement on fire in the art room sink and set off the fire alarms. He got expelled for the rest of the school year.
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2015, 08:04:38 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2015, 08:07:19 PM by TheDeadFlagBlues »

I was suspended for swearing during my Freshman year of high school, which was at a prissy quasi-Christian charter school. Some kid pushed me against a table and my spine connected on an edge, which led me to yell the f-word. Of course, me being me, a teacher heard me swear but did not see me pushed against the table. It was total garbage! I pleaded my case to the principal, effectively saying that "s-word happens" and that it wasn't really a big deal; that most people swear. My bad, I got suspended anyways. The moderators of this forum would be proud of this prudery.

I was suspended once every year from 6th to 9th grade:
6th grade - I decked some kid in the face for no apparent reason.
7th grade - I cheated on a Latin test that I didn't study for.
8th grade - I called some teacher a prick behind his back and didn't know what that meant; I thought it was something akin to dingus at the time. My art teacher overheard me. Oops!
9th grade - I swore

Um, as you can tell, I significantly mellowed over the years, going from being a grade-a delinquent to being flippant and uncouth. After this, I didn't have any significant disciplinary problems in school.  
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2015, 08:27:18 PM »

I got detention once during freshman year for using profanity in class. Tongue
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2015, 08:28:56 PM »

I got a detention last year for saying some racial slurs to a black kid after he was calling me fat and other rude things the whole thing started beacuse I stepped on his Jordan's.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2015, 12:42:34 PM »

In high school, I think twice, both because of some weird irregularity that said I had been absent a bunch, even though I hadn't. Rather than try to fight it (which I did the first time, successfully) I just did detention, since it was only for something like an hour to an hour and a half and it was just helping clean the chemistry lab and taking out the trash.

I got in more trouble in elementary school and middle school, but never for anything I actually did. I broke some pretty big school rules without ever getting in trouble, but was (karmically, I suppose) brought in and punished for things I was completely uninvolved in, or that the teachers seemed to just completely make up.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2015, 12:53:52 PM »

Once and it was really stupid, got myself into the middle of a kill-switch war in the Computer Lab sometime in High School...I got caught.

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2015, 12:57:44 PM »

I got a detention last year for saying some racial slurs to a black kid after he was calling me fat and other rude things the whole thing started beacuse I stepped on his Jordan's.

Well...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies