Office of Secretary of the Interior Flo
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:30:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Secretary of the Interior Flo
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Office of Secretary of the Interior Flo  (Read 1406 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:24:27 PM »
« edited: November 19, 2014, 09:48:01 PM by Flo »

I think it's time to open up a new thread. I'll post things like proposed bills, elections, and my opinions on some matters.

Let me begin this by saying that I believe the Senate should reject President DemPGH's SoEA nominee, hifly. As SoEA the person should not be someone with a poor standing with many groups, the person should be respectful of both sides, should be calm and collective during important negotiations, and should not resort to debates that prove that one person is better than the other. Those reasons are why the Senate needs to reject Hifly as SoEA. You all know the controversies surrounding him, things like the anti gay bill. We need someone else who will perform the job superbly, not someone just to fill a slot.

I think hifly has the potential to become a great SoEA but first he needs to prove that he's changed and that he can work well with people before getting such a high profile position.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:11:02 AM »

So this whole mess. I'm going to keep it short since most of you know what happened (but if you don't I recommend BK's live feed). I am glad Tyrion has taken the office of President, he seems like he'll be fine for the rest of the month, and I wish him the best of luck for his term and if he decides to seek the office as an elected President later next year.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 03:45:42 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 03:48:06 PM by IDS Speaker Flo »

So it seems that Tyrion is one of many sock accounts. Well, if he's banned I would think President Lumine would be a fine one, as he will be when he wins later this month Wink. So once again, I'd like to congratulate President Ogis for becoming president (although it'll be a short tenure either way) and I hope this whole mess gets sorted out.

Edit: wait, was Tyrion just banned?
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 04:14:50 PM »

If we allowed wormyguy to stay after he made an open sock account (though thankfully that has been remedied by the National Razor) then we should not ban Tyrion.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 05:40:04 PM »

If we allowed wormyguy to stay after he made an open sock account (though thankfully that has been remedied by the National Razor) then we should not ban Tyrion.

I don't know anything about wormyguy and his sock's but Tyrion's original account was pretty awful.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »

By the way, all you southrons should vote aye/nay on the ballot question.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 03:51:23 PM »

Congratulations to President Cranberry! I am ecstatic that he's serving and I wish the rest of his term is filled with as much good hope as the Era of Good Feelings!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2014, 09:02:49 PM »

I just introduced some laws in the IDS legislative thread ranging from reducing our CO2 emissions to paying for AP exams:

IDS Environmental Act
1. The average fuel efficiency for new cars and automobiles sold in the IDS will be 50 mpg by the year 2020, average new car efficiency increasing by 5 miles per gallon per year.
2. The IDS will invest heavily in renewable resources, getting the region to be powered 50% by clean energy by 2020.
3. This will happen through tax breaks and regional subsidies;
  • up to 60% of cost paid by regional government for solar panels
  • up to 50% of cost paid by regional government for wind turbines
  • up to 40% of cost paid by regional government for all other renewable resources
4. Regional government must print on 50%+ recycled paper.
5. Minimum fuel efficiency standards for new appliances and air conditioners must be increased by 50% by 2020.

Non controversial Act
1. Up to a $500 fine for littering
2. Minimum of two trees planted in every yard on newly constructed home with a yard.

Let's Not Invade Other Regions Act
1. The IDS militia will not invade other regions of Atlasia.

Women's Health Act
1. Women will not need a prescription for birth control after age 16
2. Women under 16 years of age will need a prescription for birth control
3. Women will not be subject to mandatory ultrasounds if they choose to abort a fetus
5. Visits to gynecologists will be covered under every health insurance plan
6. Mammograms will be covered under every health insurance plan

Taxpayer Receipt Act
1. Every fiscal year, the residents of the IDS will receive a letter stating how their tax dollars are spent.
2. The letter will detail expenses based on: Education, Higher Education, Social Services, Transportation, Justice, Economic Development, Environmental Protection, Elected Officials, Debt, Buildings, and b General Government.
3. The receipt will show how much of their taxes are spent on each subject percentage wise (ex: Jose pays $4000 in income taxes to the regional government, he pays $400 of his taxes to Higher Education, therefore, 10% of his taxes are spent on Higher Education and both are marked as such on the graph).
4. Every resident will also be sent a letter with a pie graph showing how their sales tax is used for each of the previously listed subjects (ex: 7% of the money made from sales tax goes to Economic Development and that's how it's listed on the graph).
5. The income tax receipt will show the dollars allocated to each subject based on the household income reported to the regional government the previous fiscal year.

Testing our Students Act
1. Payment for the ACT and the SAT tests will be covered by the regional government.
2. Payment for AP exams will be covered by the regional government.
3. Payment for college admission fees will be paid by the regional government with the listed unweighted GPA's.
  • Up to two colleges to students with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
  • Up to three colleges to students with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
  • Up to four colleges to students with a minimum of a 3.5 GPA
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 05:24:10 PM »

Today is election day and I hope my supporters will turn out and vote for their Representative in such a crowded field Wink.

I believe I've been a good Representative this term, and I hope to continue to help the IDS move forward.

Did I mention this?

I just introduced some laws in the IDS legislative thread ranging from reducing our CO2 emissions to paying for AP exams:

IDS Environmental Act
1. The average fuel efficiency for new cars and automobiles sold in the IDS will be 50 mpg by the year 2020, average new car efficiency increasing by 5 miles per gallon per year.
2. The IDS will invest heavily in renewable resources, getting the region to be powered 50% by clean energy by 2020.
3. This will happen through tax breaks and regional subsidies;
  • up to 60% of cost paid by regional government for solar panels
  • up to 50% of cost paid by regional government for wind turbines
  • up to 40% of cost paid by regional government for all other renewable resources
4. Regional government must print on 50%+ recycled paper.
5. Minimum fuel efficiency standards for new appliances and air conditioners must be increased by 50% by 2020.

Non controversial Act
1. Up to a $500 fine for littering
2. Minimum of two trees planted in every yard on newly constructed home with a yard.

Let's Not Invade Other Regions Act
1. The IDS militia will not invade other regions of Atlasia.

Women's Health Act
1. Women will not need a prescription for birth control after age 16
2. Women under 16 years of age will need a prescription for birth control
3. Women will not be subject to mandatory ultrasounds if they choose to abort a fetus
5. Visits to gynecologists will be covered under every health insurance plan
6. Mammograms will be covered under every health insurance plan

Taxpayer Receipt Act
1. Every fiscal year, the residents of the IDS will receive a letter stating how their tax dollars are spent.
2. The letter will detail expenses based on: Education, Higher Education, Social Services, Transportation, Justice, Economic Development, Environmental Protection, Elected Officials, Debt, Buildings, and b General Government.
3. The receipt will show how much of their taxes are spent on each subject percentage wise (ex: Jose pays $4000 in income taxes to the regional government, he pays $400 of his taxes to Higher Education, therefore, 10% of his taxes are spent on Higher Education and both are marked as such on the graph).
4. Every resident will also be sent a letter with a pie graph showing how their sales tax is used for each of the previously listed subjects (ex: 7% of the money made from sales tax goes to Economic Development and that's how it's listed on the graph).
5. The income tax receipt will show the dollars allocated to each subject based on the household income reported to the regional government the previous fiscal year.

Testing our Students Act
1. Payment for the ACT and the SAT tests will be covered by the regional government.
2. Payment for AP exams will be covered by the regional government.
3. Payment for college admission fees will be paid by the regional government with the listed unweighted GPA's.
  • Up to two colleges to students with a minimum of a 2.0 GPA
  • Up to three colleges to students with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA
  • Up to four colleges to students with a minimum of a 3.5 GPA
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2014, 09:58:49 PM »

I'd like to take the time to announce my support for the write-in candidate Charles Darwin.

As a Catholic, I understand why it's important to separate Church and State and unfortunately, the Midwest Governor LeBron FitzGerald is in support of letting public schools teach children creationism.

This is clearly a violation of Midwest citizens rights and it infringes our freedom of religion.

Because of these developments, I encourage our neighbors in the Midwest to write in Darwin.

Darwin is an accomplished scientist, who discovered evolution, should lead the Midwest. His academic record is nothing but stellar, and he will promise to keep teaching kids science, not the genesis, unlike the wants of LeBron FitzGerald and JCL.

Thank you all so much for your time.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:04:54 AM »

I'd like to congratulate

-President Lumine
-Senator Bore
-Senator Yankee
-Senator Windjammer
-Senator TNF
-Senator Cranberry
-Governor Sawx

for their victories tonight!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 09:15:03 PM »

Halloween Costume ideas
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »

It seems that (if the Senate confirms me) I'll be the next SoIA (or SOTI) of Atlasia! If you have a question, just ask. Grin
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2014, 09:14:08 PM »

What are you thinking of in terms with the Atlasian space program development? Atlasian energy development?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2014, 11:28:51 PM »

What are your current plans with the role of Secretary of Interior? It's a role that's often gone neglected in the past, and I was wondering if there's anything from you predecessors that you would take into account or do differently.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2014, 01:11:46 AM »

It seems that (if the Senate confirms me) I'll be the next SoIA (or SOTI) of Atlasia! If you have a question, just ask. Grin

Congratulations, friend, and thank you for your last congratulations.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »

What are you thinking of in terms with the Atlasian space program development? Atlasian energy development?

I'm in support of more federal funding of space exploration, and Atlasia could compete with Russia and China in the next space race to Mars, and it certainly wouldn't hurt our country's pride (i mean with a space race everyone will be a bit more nationalistic). I believe that exploration of our solar system and eventually deep into space will be good for scientific research, educational research, and maybe business someday in the far future, but space exploration is an investment we need to make in Atlasia, for the good of our country.

Everyone who's familiar with me knows I'm an avid environmentalist. I believe that the best course of action is to move our energy grid from a natural gas/oil/coal based energy grid to one relying solely on renewable energy sources, I'd prefer it to be primarily solar energy, but I'm happy with wind and hydro power. I think the government should encourage businesses and residences to switch to solar, tax cuts would be the best way imo because people listen mostly to their money.

What are your current plans with the role of Secretary of Interior? It's a role that's often gone neglected in the past, and I was wondering if there's anything from you predecessors that you would take into account or do differently.

I'm not entirely sure on how my predecessors went about their job, I definitely would ask them with help on issues I face while I serve as SOTI, but I think I'd be actively working with the SOS what we have to do to balance our needs with our obligations to foreign countries. I'd also work with the Senate on issues concerning things like energy, the environment, etc. I probably would issue a directive strengthening #001,
You must be logged in to read this quote.
, and I'd like to put that in place nationally, but I'm not entirely sure if that's constitutional or not.

Congratulations, friend, and thank you for your last congratulations.

Thank you!
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 06:43:20 PM »

Thanks Flo! It seems we're pretty like-minded Smiley
GAworth
United States

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2014, 11:38:12 AM »

Congrats on the nomination, glad to hand the office to you.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2014, 04:09:48 PM »

Congrats on the nomination, glad to hand the office to you.

It's an honor to follow in your footsteps Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 09:52:14 PM »

It seems that I have been approved by the Senate to be the Secretary of the Interior, and I'm very grateful for this opportunity to serve in a cabinet-level position with some very good people, and I'd like to thank those Senators who voted for me! Grin
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »

Pacificans, next week, you'll get to choose your legislators next week, and as someone who was deeply involved with the third constitution, I naturally want the Pacific to succeed, and you get a rare treat next election, you're getting a competitive one. When I was first elected councillor over a year ago, we had five legislators in the council (if you recall that was when the NMAM had recently destroyed the region), after some reforms we decided to cut that number down to three, we instituted change in the economic policies to help, really the point of this paragraph is to say I know what's going to help the Pacific.

I must ask all of you to vote for Turkisblau, Superique, and Gully. The other three candidates, Devin, Outofbox, and Paleo, all have great intentions for this region, but unfortunately, they all have been prone to periods of deep inactivity, and it's important for this region to move forward under good leadership.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2014, 02:28:52 AM »

I'm very pleased to say that the next at large Senators will be Lief, SWE, Cris, Polnut, and Bacon King! All of these are fine Senators, and I'd like to wish Senators Deus and JCL a farewell, for their terms in the Senate, and I hope they'll run for elected office in the future!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies