NE1: Drug Liberalization Act (Law) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:58:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE1: Drug Liberalization Act (Law) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE1: Drug Liberalization Act (Law)  (Read 1152 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« on: October 02, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »

I've read the TNF's drug reform bill several times but I know the Senate has passed some laws since then - what are the existing statutory penalties on these substances?
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:13:31 PM »

This bill legalizes the sale of hard drugs, as Senator TNF's "Smack Ain't Whack" Bill gives the regions the power to do.

I believe that the sale of these drugs should be legal. The majority of problems with illegal drugs comes form their illegality. It'd be much safer to allow the sale of properly regulated drugs than to just leave it to the black market.

Gotcha.

For my fellow representatives, here's the relevant legislation.

I'm on board with this, although I think we should either establish some heavier penalties for buying these substances for minors or amend the relevant legislation I passed earlier this week to do so - my reasoning being that some of these substances are probably a much greater health risk than alcohol.

Don't we have a small "sin tax" on substances like alcohol and tobacco? Maybe we could attach one to some of these?

I'm of the mind that any sin tax shouldn't be in excess of what it costs the FDA to regulate and approve these substances, though I'm pregaming and can elaborate more later.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 05:04:33 PM »

Aye guess we can revise it later
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies