HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:26:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: HockeyDude!: THE HOME STRETCH!!!  (Read 2833 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2014, 12:39:21 AM »

A pit stop in Bat Country.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2014, 12:52:15 AM »

wow, I would NOT want to down an energy drink and then go sit in a bus for hours.  bus rides are opiate/benzo territory.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2014, 12:58:39 AM »

wow, I would NOT want to down an energy drink and then go sit in a bus for hours.  bus rides are opiate/benzo territory.

I tried to grab a couple Percocet but my potential contact never came through.  I am finally getting sleepy, though.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2014, 01:24:59 AM »

This image is hilarious!

LMAO! Could you imagine the driver's reaction when someone comes to him bitching about the Free Wifi being slow? 

Pestering a person operating a large moving vehicle with dozens of passengers about WiFi seems like a needlessly dangerous thing to do. What could the driver do about it anyway? Pull the bus over and fix it himself?

In the Quebec long-distance bus, they say the same, and people actually did during a trip. The driver had just forgot to put the switch (next to him) to on. So, he solved the issue.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2014, 01:27:06 AM »

This image is hilarious!

LMAO! Could you imagine the driver's reaction when someone comes to him bitching about the Free Wifi being slow? 

Pestering a person operating a large moving vehicle with dozens of passengers about WiFi seems like a needlessly dangerous thing to do. What could the driver do about it anyway? Pull the bus over and fix it himself?

In the Quebec long-distance bus, they say the same, and people actually did during a trip. The driver had just forgot to put the switch (next to him) to on. So, he solved the issue.

That's Quebec, man. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 03:09:47 AM by HockeyDude »

So I just entered Nevada for the first time ever.  Some impressions.

1.  Damn, I knew Vegas had all the lights and glitz, but almost every single hotel gives off that vibe, even 60+ miles out.  Very flashy and lit up.  

2. Carls Jr seems more prevalent than McDonalds.

3. I love how these little towns pop up out of no where in the night.  Population is always like 500-600 and you can't even see anything besides fast food joints and gas stations.  Where do they live?  

4. The Vegas suburbs look very uniform and boring.  Even out here they are dullsvilles.

5. Did the city planners have an electric ancient Rome in mind?

Might be too short a layover to gamble, but we'll see.  

EDIT: Oh my sweet Raptor Jesus... Vegas is so cool.  Must plan a getaway.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2014, 06:29:26 AM »

I've entered Kolob's colony on Earth.  An eerie place it is.  I just passed a large man-made dirt hill with several small structures on top, which I can only assume are used to families to gather and play Yahtzee and other board games.  Frightening... Truly frightening.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2014, 07:12:48 AM »

You just checked on that "agree" button didn't you, without reading the terms and conditions?  I wonder how many of your future children you agreed to supply as slave labor to Greyhound.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2014, 07:59:35 AM »

You just checked on that "agree" button didn't you, without reading the terms and conditions?  I wonder how many of your future children you agreed to supply as slave labor to Greyhound.

I am in Utah right now.  Maybe I can find me one wife for slave-breedin' and another one for fun-havin'
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

I hope the lack of reports means you're getting some great scenery coming in on I-70. I driven it a few times between Glenwood Springs and Denver and find it to be one of the best long stretches of interstate.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2014, 04:16:05 PM »

I tried to grab a couple Percocet but my potential contact never came through.  I am finally getting sleepy, though.

they don't drug test for opiates in the military?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2014, 05:11:18 PM »

they don't drug test for opiates in the military?

I am no longer in the military (reference "Hockeydude in crisis" thread for explanation) This is my journey back home to NJ.

I hope the lack of reports means you're getting some great scenery coming in on I-70. I driven it a few times between Glenwood Springs and Denver and find it to be one of the best long stretches of interstate.

Yea, I have.  Just had a layover in Grand Junction and checkout some kind of block party they were having.

Seems like such a cultured and hip place for a 65% Romney county.  Must be those cowboys out in the sticks. 

Wonderful scenery along I-70!

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2014, 06:38:39 PM »

The leg between Grand Junction and Denver is the best. The Rockies end VERY abruptly. Once you hit Denver, it's all over.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2014, 06:44:54 PM »

The leg between Grand Junction and Denver is the best. The Rockies end VERY abruptly. Once you hit Denver, it's all over.

Yes, I've flown into Denver only to be greeted by a flat plane of dirt adjacent to the airport.  Definitely not the impression I had.  I look forward to driving in from the west.  I love geology.

In sour news, the fat sitting next to me is really starting to reek. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2014, 08:53:26 PM »

This Update is far, far more interesting. You and Bushie ought to go on a roadtrip sometime.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2014, 08:58:29 PM »

This Update is far, far more interesting. You and Bushie ought to go on a roadtrip sometime.

Two parts Hunter S. Thompson, one part Coen Brothers.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »

Wow!  To be compared to Hunter S., the Coens, and even Update itself!  Most flattered.  I've just arrived in Denver, and that will probably be it for awhile, as we will be using the late night/early morning to trek across Kansas.  I wanted to find out what's the matter with them... But I hear I won't be missing much if I down these last few Tylenol PM and conk off for several hours. 

Good news is that I will be able to switch seats and get away from the stinky fat. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2014, 09:23:35 PM »

Most of the people live on the Eastern side of KS anyway. Looking forward to a Hockey/J-Mann photo in the morning.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2014, 09:26:03 PM »

Two parts Hunter S. Thompson, one part Coen Brothers.
What an amazing combination!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2014, 09:35:19 PM »

Hockey, it's too bad your route doesn't have Texas on the itinerary. I think you and Austin would get along well.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 10:01:29 PM by HockeyDude »

Hockey, it's too bad your route doesn't have Texas on the itinerary. I think you and Austin would get along well.

I've heard, and Austin also happens to be my name.  No offense, but I've always made it a point to never step foot in Texas, and that will continue.

So here's a story from the road.  I enter the little Greyhound convenience store to grab an OJ for the ride.  Note that I am in a hurry.  What I am greeted with is a giant gaggle of my fellow travellers, all hounding and yelling at the poor cashier man because they find the prices outrageous.  The dude front of me couldn't get over the price tag on the salad.  One guy even said, "my wife is pregnant and you expect me to feed her this crap!"  LMAO!  I don't think I have to explain the multitude of levels on which that statement is f***tarded.  The poor cashier, to deal with these idiots at 9pm on a Saturday for what I'm sure is an outrageously low salary.  I was able to get my orange juice, but not without losing much faith in humanity.  Oh, despair.

And I was able to get away from the fat, and I currently have a nice 2 seater to myself.  I'm doing my best to look completely unapproachable, so hopefully it stays that way.

EDIT:  Great success!  The wonders a NY Mets hat and an annoyed look will do.  Time to ride in comfort!
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2014, 07:41:31 AM »

I'm here, but I can't get back to where the food is because that's for ticketed passengers only. And I don't see you ... yet!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2014, 07:43:36 AM »

Food morning, Atlas!  Currently at a truck stop in Salina, KS.  Nothing to report, as there is nothing in Kansas to report.  The nice redneck who rang up my coffee liked my Iron Maiden shirt, but that's about it.

Kansas!  Come for the corn.  There's corn.

Edit: Morning J-mann.  Apparently we were delayed en route by an accident.  I am in Salina, KS right now, KC is our next stop.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »

Food morning, Atlas!  Currently at a truck stop in Salina, KS.  Nothing to report, as there is nothing in Kansas to report.  The nice redneck who rang up my coffee liked my Iron Maiden shirt, but that's about it.

Edit: Morning J-mann.  Apparently we were delayed en route by an accident.  I am in Salina, KS right now, KC is our next stop.

Boooo!! I'll try to make it back down here around the time you'll be stopping through. I wonder how an accident on the nearly-deserted I-70 could have delayed you for three hours!? My guess is the driver pulled over and got some shut-eye.

Fun fact: I was born in Salina, KS and grew up in a tiny rural town just 30 miles west of there! You are currently in my old stomping grounds!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2014, 07:51:19 AM »

Boooo!! I'll try to make it back down here around the time you'll be stopping through. I wonder how an accident on the nearly-deserted I-70 could have delayed you for three hours!? My guess is the driver pulled over and got some shut-eye.

Fun fact: I was born in Salina, KS and grew up in a tiny rural town just 30 miles west of there! You are currently in my old stomping grounds!

It had something to do with a beer festival in Denver. 

So how's the nightlife out here in Saliva, J-Mann?  Bumpin I'd bet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies