RGA going on the offense...in Idaho!?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:42:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  RGA going on the offense...in Idaho!?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: RGA going on the offense...in Idaho!?  (Read 978 times)
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
« edited: October 01, 2014, 10:53:19 PM by Miles »

Article.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 09:23:19 PM »

Larry Sabato vindicated?
KCDem

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 09:28:39 PM »

RIP Otter
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 09:32:53 PM »

#Balukoffmentum

Seriously though, Otter might be unpopular among the far-right for some of the things he's done, but it's Idaho. He'll get re-elected easily; some Tea Partiers will vote for the Libertarian, the Constitution guy or one of the Indies in protest, but otherwise, Otter will reclaim most of the Fulcher voters and still win by double digits.

The RGA has loads more money than the DGA, but man do they waste it. They're still spending in Ohio despite Kasich being safe for re-election for the sole reason that Christie is very good friends with Kasich.
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »
« Edited: October 01, 2014, 09:47:49 PM by ModerateVAVoter »

On RRH, they regularly speculate that Christie and RGA are still pouring money into Corbett because he doesn't want to annoy big donors in Pennsylvania who he might need for a Presidential Run.

I remember someone here speculated something similar when RGA was running those ads earlier in South Carolina -- that Christie was doing a favor for Haley.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 09:46:33 PM »

I think Adam might be onto something. On RRH, they regularly speculate that Christie and RGA are still pouring money into Corbett because he doesn't want to annoy big donors in Pennsylvania who he might need for a Presidential Run.

I remember someone here speculated something similar when RGA was running those ads earlier in South Carolina -- that Christie was doing a favor for Haley.

This would make me pretty angry if I was a Republican voter, and even angrier if I was a Republican politician. That fat tub of lard shouldn't be using the RGA money as a slush fund to further his own ambitions when the goal is to elect more Republican governors. Although as a Democrat, I'm happy he's doing it.

Don't forget that he publicly wrote off Astorino as a lost cause, but helped out Havenstein who trailed by almost as much in the polls (at the time) as Astorino did. "Coincidentally", Havenstein is running in New Hampshire.
GaussLaw
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 10:21:37 PM »

The governor's races being contested are extremely broad this year.

Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, Oklahoma, Idaho.....

(Note:  "Contested" doesn't mean tossup.  I just mean that there's significant activity/ad spending going on)
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:01:16 AM »

wouldn't read much into this, Otter by +10 is the final margin I think
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 01:54:11 AM »

I think Adam might be onto something. On RRH, they regularly speculate that Christie and RGA are still pouring money into Corbett because he doesn't want to annoy big donors in Pennsylvania who he might need for a Presidential Run.

This would make me pretty angry if I was a Republican voter, and even angrier if I was a Republican politician. That fat tub of lard shouldn't be using the RGA money as a slush fund to further his own ambitions when the goal is to elect more Republican governors. Although as a Democrat, I'm happy he's doing it.

Don't forget that he publicly wrote off Astorino as a lost cause, but helped out Havenstein who trailed by almost as much in the polls (at the time) as Astorino did. "Coincidentally", Havenstein is running in New Hampshire.

They should spend $150 million in California instead, because that would be sure to defeat Jerry Brown. Wink
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 04:54:51 AM »

The governor's races being contested are extremely broad this year.

Rhode Island, Hawaii, Maryland, Oklahoma, Idaho.....

(Note:  "Contested" doesn't mean tossup.  I just mean that there's significant activity/ad spending going on)

In Hawaii all that the DGA need do is produce a low budget ad saying "DAVID IGE IS A DEMOCRAT", and repeat it about a hundred times per day, and he'll win by 30 points.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »

D+1
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 04:26:09 PM »

The RGA has loads more money than the DGA, but man do they waste it. They're still spending in Ohio despite Kasich being safe for re-election for the sole reason that Christie is very good friends with Kasich.
A landslide in Ohio would vindicate Kasich and increase Republican strength ahead of the 2016 election.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies