Magnolia Tree Polls - SoEA Nominee
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:40:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Magnolia Tree Polls - SoEA Nominee
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with President DemPGH that Hifly should be the next SoEA?
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Magnolia Tree Polls - SoEA Nominee  (Read 473 times)
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 01, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »

Three days
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 03:47:52 AM »

I voted 'yes'. I disagree with him on a couple of foreign-policy issues but both his activity in the Mideast and quite detailed answers in the confirmation hearing thread make me think that hifly deserves a fair chance.

Also, just two months ago the Senate confirmed Napoleon of all people to serve as GM in a near-unanimous vote (only Lumine voted 'nay') so let's keep things in perspective.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 06:46:29 AM »

At this point I'm a little worried about selecting a Secretary who pledges to cut military spending. Cutting military spending was an admirable goal several years ago, but from naval cuts in 2007 to significant program cuts to our withdrawal from Afghanistan, we've already reduced our military to a reasonable level. I'd be very much interested in seeing what wasteful spending the nominee thinks exists and what areas and specific programs he'd cut.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »

Of course not.  A terrible decision.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2014, 10:22:20 AM »

At this point I'm a little worried about selecting a Secretary who pledges to cut military spending. Cutting military spending was an admirable goal several years ago, but from naval cuts in 2007 to significant program cuts to our withdrawal from Afghanistan, we've already reduced our military to a reasonable level. I'd be very much interested in seeing what wasteful spending the nominee thinks exists and what areas and specific programs he'd cut.

Don't forget the administration just signed a bill that cut our military to even lower levels and combined several branches of the military into one big group. I'm not sure how much more we want to cut or what our current troop levels and funding for our intelligence operations look like at this moment.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 06:38:21 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies