Policy Status Act (Tabled) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:45:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Policy Status Act (Tabled) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Policy Status Act (Tabled)  (Read 976 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: October 03, 2014, 12:51:05 PM »

"My fellow Senators,
one look at the Statute page of the Atlasia Wiki proves that this page is a thicket of confusing and double-dealing legislation , intangible for nearly everyone and so unappealing for newcomers to the game. This is not even taking into account legislation passed in those mythical "United States of America" that somehow still are in place in Atlasia. This bill is aiming at that one problem - to create a resource for every Atlasian to easily find the current updated versions of our policy progress in the most important fields of Atlasian politics. A published report every month, in the way deemed appropriate by the members of the possibly established committee, provides an easy, quick way to explore Atlasian history of policies and current status, doing away with dealing with the same thing two or three times.
I agree that a committee might or might not be the best idea. I am of course open to any proposals to deal with this work. I thought a committee, working together with the Attorney General, would be such a way; yet there certainly are many, and I trust that together, this Senate can work out the optimal solution, enabling Atlasians an easy, comprehensive update on Atlasian policies.
Thank you for your attention, my fellow Senators."
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 07:34:41 AM »

I guess you are all misinterpreting the point of the bill. (Is my English this bad? Tongue)
I do not want to reinstate Senate committees with that bill, my intention was to create a thread where a group of people (I though of a Senate committee, but every group of informed Atlasians would do) assembles a "curriculum" of our current policy status on every major field. I thought of a committee as the nearest way, but as a said, every group of Atlasians would do.
I guess all points here ever made were made for the sake of committees, but I would rather have discussion over the principal intention over the bill.
Thank you, I'll leave you to Senate business then again.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies