The GM Independence Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:56:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The GM Independence Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The GM Independence Amendment (Passed)  (Read 4447 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

« on: October 04, 2014, 03:03:47 AM »

Personally I don't think its even possible to have a GM that is not, in one way or another, acting politically. The inherent biases that come with holding certain views (for instance, how you feel an increased minimum wage effects employment numbers) are going to come with whomever it is is at the helm. So I don't necessarily think that we can actually 'de-politicize' the position more than we can continue to pretend that the Supreme Court is an apolitical body. There's no such thing as being apolitical, especially when it comes to this position.

I would argue that what we need to do here is just face facts and use it as an opportunity to make the position one that can be filled by election. Let people campaign on what it is they want to do with the game, which storylines they'll pursue, and what they think the role of the position should or should not be. This eliminates the arduous search process (since only those who really want the job will campaign for it) entirely.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:24:37 AM »

It's already political. You cannot remove politics from it.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 07:37:05 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2014, 11:29:04 AM by Senator TNF »

Nay
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies