The GM Independence Amendment (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:39:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The GM Independence Amendment (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The GM Independence Amendment (Passed)  (Read 4444 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 03, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

In my opinion (and people aren't going to like this), such a bill needs to be carefully thought out and expanded upon, lest we turn the position into something like the Supreme Court, where officeholders are under no obligation to be active or engage, and with no real recourse for removal in such situations. Even if the office is isolated from political events, the climate of the Senate is not, and getting 7 votes may prove to be harder at times than anyone might be considering.

Such a bill needs to address three components, in my opinion:

1) What this proposed bill already is attempting to do
2) Mechanisms for dealing with absurd behavior on the part of the GM
3) Mechanisms that penalize those who disregard what the GM says

Yankee and I briefly threw some ideas back and forth on the third matter, because I (maybe he, too) believe that the only way you're going to restore any sense of legitimacy to this role is if you strike the fear of God into people who would blatantly disregard the circumstances. Of course, this creates a conundrum between numbers 2 and 3 in how to ensure that "absurd behavior" can be dealt with without being considered blatant disregard of the GM's mandate.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »

It's probably too late, but I think it's a bit short-sighted to not allow each President to choose to keep/replace a GM at the beginning of each presidential term.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies