White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:13:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child  (Read 6590 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: October 04, 2014, 10:36:39 AM »

How is it even legal to ask for sperm from a particular racial group? That's clearly discrimination.
Women are generally allowed to choose the race of their sex partners, so...
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 10:47:53 AM »

She's correct.

I would also be severely pissed if I got a black child, when my partner and I in fact wanted a white one.

That's like going to the tech store to buy a MacBook and the salesperson brings a Sony VAIO.

Uhhhh???

As has been said, there is no case here. This woman clearly doesn't love her kid enough because she ended up being a different race, and now she's trying to mask her overt racism by making it seem like she gives a fyck about her daughter.

I wonder if she'd gotten a white child and it developed, say, autism or down syndrome, if she would've sued for not giving her a "pure" specimen.
The woman may be racist, but that has nothing to do with the legal case. The woman specifically asked for a certain kind of sperm. The bank gave her something other than what she asked for. Not sure if there was a contract involved but if so, that's clearly breach of contract.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:23:10 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 12:49:00 PM by Deus Naturae »

The best thing would probably be to sue the crap out of the sperm bank, then move out from the hickish, racist small-town to another city and keep the story out of the small girl's later life and raise her like any other kid. When she's old enough tell her some story that someone put the small baby onto the doorstep of the couple and they raised her (or something along those lines).
Or they could just tell her she was from a sperm bank, but leave out the part where they got the wrong order. The child is the biological offspring of one of the partners, so it's silly to lie to her about how she was abandoned by her real parents.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:51:54 PM »

Whether or not it's legal to ask for a sperm from a specific race is besides the point. It's clearly immoral to have race as an option.
Why? I wouldn't say it's immoral for a woman to be able to decide whose sperm goes into her body, regardless of the factors she bases that decision on.

Plus, as others have pointed out, the kid's race will impact him/her as well as the mother. Unless you really don't want your kid to be white for whatever reason, there's no reason not to opt for a white guy's sperm if you live in a racist town.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 07:30:54 PM »

Shouldn't the fact that the mother is a racist mean that the girl deserve a compensation even more?
Why do you believe the mother is racist?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies