White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:13:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child  (Read 6581 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: October 04, 2014, 11:25:29 AM »

Guys I'm sure this mother loves her daughter, but the sperm bank [Inks]ed up pretty bad here. Sperm isn't exactly a fungible commodity; the entire point of a sperm bank is that the future mother picks the specific stuff she wants from a catalog with all the donor's traits and characteristics. That they accidentally gave her sperm from a different donor defeats the whole point, and indicates there's something seriously wrong with their operating procedures. The race mistake is a big deal IMO because the child is obviously gonna be curious about that, and that will probably force her parents to tell her where she came from before she's old enough to handle it
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:21:13 PM »

It would depend on the contract (if they deliver sperm or "sperm from the chosen entry of the catalogue"). Non-criminal lawsuits aren't based on "beyond reasonable doubt", but on "preponderance of the proof" and the kid being black gives an huge preponderance to the plaintiff.

It does depend on the contract, but I can't think of a way to prove breach.

What evidence is the plaintiff going to rely on? Highly subjective, non-scientific observations made by the jury about the race of the donor, the mother, and the child? or are we going to bust out the calipers and color-swatches and play uber-mensch like its 1933?

While it may seem obvious that the plaintiff received the wrong sperm, I don't see any way to prove it or to provide objective evidence. I can't see any remedy, either, or any damages.

Well there's the fact that the sperm bank has basically admitted guilt and stated what happened

c'mon it's like you guys are discussing an article without even reading it or something

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies