White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:12:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: White mother sues sperm bank for reparations for her black child  (Read 6564 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« on: October 04, 2014, 10:00:06 AM »

She's correct.

I would also be severely pissed if I got a black child, when my partner and I in fact wanted a white one.

That's like going to the tech store to buy a MacBook and the salesperson brings a Sony VAIO.

Of course there are some people out who actually badly wanted to buy the MacBook and taking the Sony VAIO with them "because they don't mind".

Nonetheless, because the small black child is a human being and not a PC, I wouldn't treat it any other than if the sperm bank worked correctly and a white kid was born.

Still, the sperm bank made an error and needs to pay for it.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:07:58 PM »

The sperm bank's mistake will obviously & unnecessarily complicate the black girls future life as well: What should her white parents tell her once she's (let's say 18 years old) ? That she exists literally only because of a mistake (very helpful for the personality ...) or simply that they adopted her (which is also bad, because if the girl wants to find out about her black dad she probably can't because of data privacy, or if she does her dad might tell her that she actually wasn't adopted but born out of a mistake) ? All a big dilemma, for which the sperm bank needs to be held accountable and sued, so that they are not making this error again.

If the error was not made and the kid were born white, it would be much easier to explain to her later that she was born because her same-sex parents wanted a kid and she would understand it much easier than the above mentioned scenario.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 12:12:53 PM »

She's correct.

I would also be severely pissed if I got a black child, when my partner and I in fact wanted a white one.

That's like going to the tech store to buy a MacBook and the salesperson brings a Sony VAIO.

Of course there are some people out who actually badly wanted to buy the MacBook and taking the Sony VAIO with them "because they don't mind".

Nonetheless, because the small black child is a human being and not a PC, I wouldn't treat it any other than if the sperm bank worked correctly and a white kid was born.

You seriously are comparing this to buying computers? That's silly. And if somebody wants a child, it really shouldn't matter what color the child is, a child is a child.

No it's not.

And that's not the point here. The point is that the sperm bank made the silly mistake. Of course, the girl should be raised no different than the planned white girl - but the mistake makes it very complicated.

And besides, you seem to be one of these people who would take the Sony VAIO home, instead of the product you actually wanted all the time ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 12:20:28 PM »

The best thing would probably be to sue the crap out of the sperm bank, then move out from the hickish, racist small-town to another city and keep the story out of the small girl's later life and raise her like any other kid. When she's old enough tell her some story that someone put the small baby onto the doorstep of the couple and they raised her (or something along those lines).
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 12:30:41 PM »

She's correct.

You seriously are comparing this to buying computers? That's silly. And if somebody wants a child, it really shouldn't matter what color the child is, a child is a child.

No it's not.

And that's not the point here. The point is that the sperm bank made the silly mistake. Of course, the girl should be raised no different than the planned white girl - but the mistake makes it very complicated.

And besides, you seem to be one of these people who would take the Sony VAIO home, instead of the product you actually wanted all the time ...

I'm pretty sure a child is a human regardless of race, that was my point. The sperm bank made a mistake, that much is clear, but even with a settlement, these parents have to accept the child and move forward. Children don't come from stores, you can't exchange them or get a refund.

Yepp, of course they should accept her like any other child (and probably will).

It's only that they live in a hickish/racist small-town which makes things complicated.

That wouldn't have happened with the white kid and now they have to figure things out.

The sperm bank completely altered 3 people's lives.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies