President Ogis - A Journey
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:16:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President Ogis - A Journey
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: President Ogis - A Journey  (Read 1566 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2014, 12:24:44 AM »

Today, after a wild storm of events, I found myself President, "without a single ballot cast in my favor". That, in itself, was a wild achievement. Now, consider that it has happened twice...

More than a year ago, I similarly became Governor, appointed first to the Council, then appointed PPT, then forced to fill the vacated Governorship, less than a month into my time in Atlasia.

However, those are probably not the two most ridiculous "achievements" I can claim. While posting under the name Persepolis, I was elected to the Mideast Assembly as a conservative.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1: Ogis

Who wasn't an idiot at 14? I came to the forum, and trolled the bejesus out of poor Benconstine. I pretended to be a "bully" from his high school. I even correctly guessed the answer to a question about his high school that he asked me to verify my identity. I was so proud. 

In any case, I joined Atlasia, created the IWIHN party, and then ILOST, getting deservedly banned after spamming the forum.

There is not much to say here. I was a troll.

Chapter 2: Various attempts to return

I gave the forum a little break (after little me was scared pantsless by Alcon), but then tried to come back under various pseudonyms, including ajzavala, jwells12345, and coffeebeans. Some were more successful than others, but none were factors in Atlasia, and none were good posters. All were eventually banned, and I believe all three were unmasked as Ogis trolls.

Chapter 3: Persepolis

Persepolis was my conservative persona, which popped up around the time of coffeebeans (the two even argued with each other at one point, which was honestly a hilarious experience, even if more than a little bit deranged). Persepolis was successful by sock standards; perhaps he didn't have Napoleonic longevity, but he served in the Mideast Assembly (with Inks, remember that for later) for more than a term, and ran for Senate against Devilman77, who I believe also ended up being a sock or something. Persepolis was staunchly conservative, supporting economic protectionism and far right positions on social issues. Eventually, his identity was revealed, like all others before him, and he was banned.

Chapter 4: Agooji

Years passed, and I eventually created yet another account. This time, I was transparent. I told the forum I was Ogis. Here is where it gets interesting:

I was contacted by Dave Leip. He asked me, point blank, why I should be allowed to stay. I responded. Apparently my response was satisfactory, because I ultimately posted (very infrequently) for two and a half years.

Again, I had a reasonable political career. I served successfully in the Mideast Assembly, and I worked with Inks in a reasonable fashion, as I felt we developed a sort of mutual understanding.

I actually left the place for about a year (while still in office, embarrassingly), and then came back. When I did come back, Inks and other mods met in the mod section and decided to ban me, I suppose with no memory of the fact that I was essentially allowed to stay "via inertia", as Al put it. Of course, I also had the PM with Dave, but I had no proof of it, as I was banned before I could present it. In any case, Dave never responded in the affirmative, so there was never any real proof to begin with.

Chapter 5: Me

More time passed, and I decided to come back a final time, as myself, but without my previous baggage. And so I have been here for 16 months now as Tyrion, an older version of Ogis, admittedly quite a bit more polished. I have held office at essentially every level, and I have become a part of this community. I believe I have served Atlasia and this forum well. I suppose I can re-register in the IWIHN party now, huh? Tongue

Naturally, the pardon I issued is in part because of this revelation; as I have now become President, I believe it is my duty to absolve all of any wrongdoing in the matter.

I now have time for questions.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »

I love God! I'm so happy this secret has been revealed! LOVE LIVE THIS ERA!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 01:00:07 AM »

And yeah, for the record, bgwah was truly the first person to have a bad feeling about me, so good for him. But maybe he just has a bad feeling about everyone Tongue
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 02:18:09 AM »

RIP OGIS Cry

"Zero heartbeats away from the Presidency and not a single vote cast in my name..."

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 07:16:55 AM »

RIP OGIS Cry

"Zero heartbeats away from the Presidency and not a single vote cast in my name..."

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 01:02:54 PM »

Inspirational.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 01:04:29 PM »

My forces will provisionally cease fire on condition that I am appointed and confirmed as Vice Preaident.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 01:09:32 PM »

On behalf of all law-abiding citizens I urge the President to reject this pathetic attempt at blackmail.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »

On behalf of all law-abiding citizens I urge the President to reject this pathetic attempt at blackmail.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 01:17:31 PM »

Agreed!  I also urge President Tyrion and the next Attorney General of Atlasia to ensure that Snowstalker is prosecuted for his post-pardon seditious actives and efforts to blackmail elected officials.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 01:45:21 PM »

Oh no you had another account or two 5 years ago! Nooooooooooooooooooo! Who the hell cares?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 01:48:31 PM »

Oh no you had another account or two 5 years ago! Nooooooooooooooooooo! Who the hell cares?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 01:53:49 PM »

Inks?
Pingvin
Pingvin99
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 06:36:35 PM »

Congrats Xahar
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2014, 08:39:42 AM »
« Edited: October 05, 2014, 01:20:48 PM by President Alfred F. Jones of the Free Northeastern Republic »

I'm sure Gerald Ford is smiling down on you, Mr. "President".
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2014, 05:16:25 PM »

yesssss
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2014, 05:23:24 PM »

Interesting development.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 09:59:48 PM »

/makes fun of a kid with Down Syndrome

Thanks for your input, Hammy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »

Remember when Duke call him Otis by accident and he reacted in such a funny way, hilarious. Wink

I even tried to provoke a repeat by calling him ogre (I included the number the Otis account had to avoid confusion with OgreMage), but it didn't work unfortunately. Shame.

Coffee beans is the one I remember and like most, you have forever ruined my breakfast dude. Tongue
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies