Department of Internal Affairs - Secretary Cranberry
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:11:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of Internal Affairs - Secretary Cranberry
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Department of Internal Affairs - Secretary Cranberry  (Read 1745 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 04, 2014, 05:07:31 AM »
« edited: October 04, 2014, 02:42:36 PM by Senator Cranberry »

Departement of Internal Affairs
Temporary Office of Secretary-appoint Cranberry in Salem, Oregon

Statement: Senator Cranberry, appointed by President DemPGH as Secretary of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Atlasia, and confirmed by currently a majority of sitting Senators, to await certification of the Senate vote results by President-Pro-Tempore Lumine; issues the following reports as assembled and reported by employees of the Departement of Internal Affairs that have follwoed his invitation to re-settle in Salem, Oregon due to the turmoils caused by the sucession of President DemPGH. As he is not yet legally Secretary of Internal Affairs, he nevertheless is the only legal member of President Tyrion's cabinet, in the nearer future. As such, this reports are not legally binding, but await confirmation by either the President or the SoIA once he is legally in office.

The Departement of Internal Affairs issues the following map of Atlasia displaying current loyalities and occupations of illegal forces within the Republic of Atlasia.

Areas (presumably) loyal to the Republic of Atlasia and President Tyrion:
Yellow - Areas under control of Pacific National Guard (loyal to President Tyrion)
Violet - Areas under control of IDS National Guard (loyal to President Tyrion)
Orange - Areas under control of Mideast National Guard (presumably loyal to President Tyrion)
Green - Areas under control Northeast National Guard (presumably loyal to President Tyrion)

Areas under rebellion or allegiance unknown:
Pink - Areas under control of the LeBron-Fitzgerald Midwest Government (declared traitors by Tyrion supporter, self-proclaimed Attorney General Mr X, resulting in Pacifician, Mideastern and Southern National Guard Forces enetering the Midwest, occupying in the name of President Tyrion large parts of Colorado, Montana, Wyoming, Kansas, Iowa and Minnesota)
Dark Blue - Areas under control of the "Oklahoma Free-State" under leadership of Mr Hashemite
Light Blue - Areas of combat between the Oklahoma Free-State and the "Bushie's Forces" guerilla group based in Tulsa and Oklahoma City
Red - Areas under control of former Senator Deus Naturae's self-proclaimed independence movement in the Northeast Region

Persons of Interest:
Black Stars - Locations of certified sights of Mr Snowstalker in the last 24 hours
Hayflower Stars - Locations of certified sights of Mr Enderman in the last 24 hours

Current locations of reported fighting:
Des Moines, IA - LeBron Fitzgerald-Midwest National Guard against Mideast National Guard
Albany and Lake Ontario Shorelines, NY; Rural Western Massachussetts and Rural New Hampshire - Deus Naturae's independent Northeast forces against civilian militia
Wichita, KS - Pacific and IDS National Guard against Oklahoma Free-State forces against LeBron Fitzgerlad-Midwest National Guard
Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK - Oklahoma Free-State forces against Bushie's forces militia

The Departement of Internal Affairs offers the following proposals of action to the President:

• Either disband the LeBron Fitzgerald Midwest Government (as suggested by self-proclaimed and not legally binding "Attorney General" Mr X) and order the National Guard of the Pacific, Mideast and IDS Regions to further occupy/liberate the Midwest Region; or order the respective National Guard forces to retreat to their home regions and accept the LeBron Fitzgerald Midwest Government as legal government of the Most Serene Republic of the Midwest.
  • Order the immediate arrest of the follwoing individuals, and file lawsuits against them before the Supreme Court of the Republic of Atlasia, for High Treason against Atlasia:
    • Former Attorney General Snowstalker
    • Former Northeast Speaker and Representative SWE
    • Citizen of Atlasia Hashemite
    • Former Senator Deus Naturae
    • Citizen of Atlasia Al Sibboleth
    • Citizen of Atlasia Adam Griffin
    The uplisted individuals are reported to have lost their public offices held at the time of their rebellion against the Republic of Atlasia, and its legitimate government and President Tyrion.
  • Demand immediate declarations of loyality from the Mideast and the Northeast Government; elsewise disband their governments and decree Matrial Law on these regions.
  • Demand immediate disbanding of the Pacific Status of Matrial Law by Governor Varavour.
  • Order the Army of the Republic of Atlasia to occupy the areas currently controlled by former Senator Deus Naturae and his "independent Northeast", as well as by the "Oklahoma Free-State" or by "Bushie's Forces".
x Cranberry, Secretary-appoint of Internal Affairs
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 06:10:22 AM »

Congratulations President Cranberry
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 06:13:45 AM »

On a provisional basis, given the seeming likelihood of the resignation of President Tyrion, the White Army of the Mideast, composed of loyal military and yeomanry forces, declares its allegiance to the Secretary of Internal Affairs, and push for his recognition as President of Atlasia.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 06:31:23 AM »

I'm not the Governor, but I think that is my duty say that the Midwest stay with the Federal Government! So... why disband the Midwest Regional Government as suggested by Mr. X that, with all respect for him, isn't the legal Attorney General?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 06:43:33 AM »

It is known that Mr X is not the legal Attorney General; yet we have had no clarification from the President or the Governors of either Pacific, Midwest, Mideast or IDS yet, so the current situation is that the National Guards of the Mideast, IDS and Pacific are heading for Belle Fourche to seize the Midwest Regional Government. Governor LeBron Fitzgerald, who has fled to Minnesota, has not yet issued a statement in which he declares his allegiance to the Republic of Atlasia and President Tyrion.

(PS - As of now, nothing of this is anymore official as anything Hashemite, Snowstalker, Simfan, whoever, said this night. Once Tyrion says it is not that way, than that's it. I will however certify all this official and true once I'm allowed to legally swear in as SoIA.)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 07:17:41 AM »

I have spoken on this matter, just it wasn't in my office. I'm fully supportive of our federal government, including President Tyrion and the incoming Cabinet officials.

However, other region's guards are intruding on Midwest soil, and as MW Governor I demand to see their immediate evacuation from regional forces from MW territory after Snowstalker is captured. I think I can speak on behalf of the rest of the Midwest government that we're loyal to Atlasia and Pres. Tyrion.

I hope the President agrees that the Midwest region deserves to remain intact when the Midwest has offered so many new opportunities of activity and representation here under my leadership. We need to quickly move past this and allow every region to go back to their original territories and govern under the leadership of President Tyrion, not Rebel Snowstalker.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 11:53:06 AM by Senator Cranberry »

Atlasian Turmoil - 10 a.m. Update

Midwest Theatre:
Following an official statement from the LeBron-Fitzgerald Midwestern government, but awaiting any reaction from President Tyrion's administration, there appears to be a ceasefire between the regions respective National Guards. The Pacific National Guard continues to occupy parts of Montana, Wyoming and the greatest part of Colorado; and there is talk of a possible installing of a second Midwestern government in Denver, Colorado, possibly under the leadership of Midwest Archduke Cris. The greater parts of Minnesota, Iowa's eastern border and the state of Nebraska along the Missouri River and Nebraska Highway 20 towards Belle Fourche are occupied by the Mideastern National Guard and the "White Army" forces led by Senator Cassius; while the IDS National Guard is reported to hold on to Eastern Kansas, having encircled the city of Wichita, as well as the border regions of Oklahoma. The "Oklahoma Free-State" led by Mr. Hashemite holds on to the better part of the Sooner State and appears to have suppressed the uprising of the "Bushie's forces" guerilla gropuing in Oklahoma City and Tulsa. The Iowa State National Guard and militia groups meanwhile hold on to central Iowa, from Sioux City and Council Bluffs to Cedar Rapids and Waterloo, while the Civic Assembly of Iowa is expected to reach a decision wether to join the Oklahoma Free-State soon.  
Total Causalties: 753 (of which 235 being caused by fighting in an around Witchita, Kansas)

Northeast Theatre:
With still no reaction from official Northeast government officials, (former) Senator Deus' seccesionist movement in the Northeast has won ground, winning support over the whole state of Vermont, and large parts of rural Massachussetts, New Hampshire and New York; while the city of Albany sees street-fighting between pro-secessionist and pro-Atlasian citizen groups. The movement currently still seems to be peaceful, the only two casualties being two policemen in a town in rural New Hampshire.
Total Casualties: 2

Again, this will become official the moment I may swear in as SoIA. For now, it's the nearest to official reports we can get, so play along.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »

As a member of the Northeast Assembly, I commend the actions taken by Cranberry and condemn the inaction of Governor Talleyrand.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 10:11:15 AM »

I would also like to commend the efforts of Secretary Cranberry, as well as his action in keeping Atlasia well informed on the progress of fighting.

I also urge my fellow yeoman in the White Army to withdraw to their homes and allow for regular forces to fully take over the role of defeating the Communist insurgents. Those members of the regular forces who flocked to the banner of the White Army in the initial chaos following the attempted coup d'etat by Snowstalker, I advise you to go back to your regiments and carry on the fight from there. We've done well.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »

Deus will never have Pennsylvania as long as I'm breathing, nor will he expand any further into the NE. I will continue to call for Deus and others who have denied and attempted to subvert Tyrion's constitutional authority to be President, to be brought to justice.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2014, 12:54:56 PM »

Didn't Griffin invade the IDS?  How did that go?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2014, 12:56:47 PM »

It's a shame that a movement as potentially interesting as Northeast Nationalism has descended into violence.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2014, 02:02:08 PM »

Citizen Adam Griffin went south with that intention, yes, but he was taken into custody because of orders from then self-proclaimed Attorney General Mr X when entering North Carolina on I-95 and is currently in custody in Roanoke Rapids, NC; awaiting action from the President. Further actions including a possible freeing are likely, given the President's pardon.

The Northeastern independence movement has started peacefully with rallies and calls for secession in Vermont; however soon descended into violent street protest throughout the region, currently in Albany, when police forces and protesters got together. Still, the movement has caused just two dead policemen in rural New Hampshire that were kileld by accident when their car slipped down a well. The reason of te movement turning violent is currently unknown, infiltration by outsiders may however not be barred.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2014, 02:08:25 PM »

friendly note that you don't have the GM-lite powers of the SOIA (that is still a thing right?) until you're actually confirmed by the Senate
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2014, 02:09:33 PM »

friendly note that you don't have the GM-lite powers of the SOIA (that is still a thing right?) until you're actually confirmed by the Senate

Atlasian Turmoil - 10 a.m. Update
Again, this will become official the moment I may swear in as SoIA. For now, it's the nearest to official reports we can get, so play along.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 02:10:28 PM »

oh my bad didn't see that
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 02:16:10 PM »

I do know it; I will make it official the moment I swear in through a directive. But good you pointed it out.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 02:28:23 PM »

Secretary of Internal Affairs Cranberry - Directive 01:

The authority of Secretary of Interal Affairs to Mr Cranberry shall be pre-dated to October 4, 2014 00:00 a.m.

x Cranberry, Secretary of Internal Affairs
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 03:01:41 PM »

Atlasian Turmoil - 3 p.m. Update

Midwest Theatre:
While discussion has been pending within the Pacific Region, the Pacific National Guard has pursuant the orders of Governor Varavour continued their advance into the Midwest; while Atlasian Armed Forces have retreated to their bases pursuant to Pacific Justice Bacon King's orders. Meanwhile, peaceful protest against Governor LeBron Fitzgerald are held in Saint Paul, Minnesota; the Iowa situation still being unresolved. The Oklahoma Free-State and the IDS National Guard, now aided by the Midwestern National Guard, are in open battle over Wichita, Kansas; while the civilian population has been evacuated and fled the city to refugee camps to the city's north. The Red Cross has ordered aid there, but without action from the Midwest or the Federal Government, distress is likely to break out.
Total Casualties: 1,376

Northeast Theatre:
Street fighting in Albany, New York has been joined by fighting in Springfield, Massachusetts; while the area under control of seccesionist movements apparently lack an organized structure with Mr Deus not having taken power of the movements. An even greater threat however is emerging in New York City, where the RJPRA led by Mr Snowstalker is running amoc in Downtown Manhattan, fighting against civilian population and police forces alike. Public transport has been suspended, and thousands of New Yorkers have fled the city, especially Manhattan. Federal intervention is badly needed here, as the revolutionary forces are poised to destroy many parts of the city.
Total Casulaties: 2 (no reports possible from Downtown Manhattan; estimations rank from 500 to more than 10,000)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »

The following set of proposals for the President to sign in executive actions are outlined by the Secretary of Internal Affairs:

• Send Humanitarian Aid to Wichita, Kansas
  • Send Airstrikes against the Oklahoma Free-State troops in Wichita, Kansas
  • Immediately send Federal Troops to New York City and arrest Mr Snowstalker
  • Order Pacific Governor Varavour to retreat his National Guard to the Pacific
  • Aid the Northeast Regional Government in preventing secessionist movements in the region to spread
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 03:12:04 PM »

I just want to point out, the "IDS National Guard" is actually the IDS Militia.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »

The IDS Militia will return the lands supposedly under our control back to their rightful region.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2014, 03:18:48 PM »

I was unaware we had invaded the Midwest at all.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2014, 03:37:16 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2014, 03:39:16 PM by Lincoln Republican »

As a member of the Northeast Assembly, I commend the actions taken by Cranberry and condemn the inaction of Governor Talleyrand.

Yes, where is the Governor?

When I was Governor of the Northeast, I brought the Northeast together during a time of crisis.  I was not spending my time enacting legislation legalizing incest.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »

The Great Atlasian Turmoil - October 5, 3 a.m. Update

Midwest Theatre:
The Pacific National Guard has been ordered a ceasefire, yet has received no orders to leave the areas currently occupied; the states of Colorado, Wyoming and Montana. At the same time, the IDS Militia has left the areas of Kansas occupied, as well as the battlefield at Wichita, retreating back home; resulting in Oklahoma Free-State (also known as Oklahoma Volkstaat) keeping control over Wichita and large parts of Southern Kansas. The battle over Wichita has concluded, but still many residents of Wichita have not returned to the city, many of which are non-Caucasian, and are left trapped in their refugee camps to the north of the city, with no reaction from the Midwest Government, leading to extreme anger among the trapped. On the other side of the border, the Oklahoma Free-State has begun establishing an apartheid state, under the leadership of Mr Hashemite and the Vereinigde Gesuidwerde Atlasianer Volksfront (United Adjusted Atlasian People's Front). Meanwhile, peaceful protests in the Twin Cities have spread to Denver, Missoula, Topeka, Belle Fourche and Omaha, against Governor LeBron Fitzgerald and demanding his resignation, while he remains silent in his Saint Paul mansion.
Fighting largely ceased (2,078 dead reported)
Battle over Wichita having caused more than 1'500 dead

Northeast Theatre:
The Northeastern Independence Movement has been joined by influential Western Upstate based politician Alfred F Jones, who is reported to have proclaimed Rochester, NY as seat of an independent Northeastern Government, controlling large parts of the area between Buffalo, NY; Springfield, MA and Portland, ME; including the whole state of Vermont. At the same time, Governor Talleyrand has sent the National Guard against the secessionist movement; currently they have won back control over Albany, NY and March towards Rochester and Springfield.
The RJPRA forces and the Northeastern National Guard currently engage in fighting in Downtown Manhattan, eyewitnesses reporting dust clouds and fires in the city. According to last sources, Downtown Manhattan below the 30th Street is completely inaccessible, while just north of Central Park people still hold on to stay in the city. Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island have closed their connections with Manhattan Island, while the Brooklyn Bridge is reported to have been damaged severely on the Manhattan side, with no accountable information available. Estimations of casualties range from 2'000 to over 20'000.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies