Next six presidents
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:51:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Next six presidents
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Next six presidents  (Read 7623 times)
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 07:46:50 AM »

1. Hillary Clinton (2017-2021) (Hillary Clinton decides to step down after one term in office)
2. Rand Paul (2021-2029)
3. Rand Paul's Vice President (2029-2033)
4. Unknown Democrat (2033-2041) (Maybe someone first elected in the 2010s or early 2020s)

After 2040, it begins to become next to impossible to predict who could become president.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2014, 07:47:34 AM »

The next SIX Presidents?!

See Atlas.  See?!  This is why I dick about on the FC boards outside of election years.  At least that's fun.  This thread is literally useless.  
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2014, 01:49:57 PM »

Clinton: 2016-2024
Keystone Phil: 2024-2028
Lief: 2028-2032
Keystone Phil: 2032-2036
Lief: 2036-2040
Adam Griffin: 2040-2048
m4567
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
« Edited: October 09, 2014, 08:08:40 PM by m4567 »

I know I posted this yesterday on this thread, but I accidentally deleted it, so I'm going to repost it.

There's actually an interesting political cycle theory related to this.

This is how it goes:

Hoover-Carter: Both of these politically moderate presidents are considered failures, and because of them  an era of liberalism/conservatism begins.

FDR-Reagan: Both presidents considered heroes of the left/right, both ushered an era of liberalism/conservatism, and also "defeated" foreign enemies of the far-right (Nazi Germany), and the far-left (Soviet Union).

Truman-Bush 41: Both vice-presidents of the previous administration, and are one-termers who had really bad approval ratings by the time reelection came along, and failed to live up to the previous president. Both presidents also ended tensions with past enemies (Truman: Nazi Germany/ Bush 41: Soviet Union), and created new tensions (Truman: the beginning of the Cold War, Bush 41: beginning of tensions with the Middle-East with the Gulf War).

Eisenhower-Clinton: Both were moderate heroes, who ushered a decade of peace and prosperity.

JFK/LBJ-Bush/Cheney: Both Bush and JFK were members of a political dynasty, whose election to the presidency was against the vice-president of the former administration. The two vice-presidents (Nixon/Gore) were extremely uncharismatic, and lost the election by a razor-thin margin, despite the last president being very popular. Both JFK/LBJ and Bush/Cheney increased tensions severely with foreign enemies (Soviet Union/Middle-East), and ushers a decade of war (Vietnam/Iraq and Afghanistan).

Nixon-Obama: See this thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=168317.0

So following this cyclical theory, a moderate Republican should win narrowly in 2016, and lose in 2020 to a far-left Democrat who ushers an era of liberal dominance.

It's all so neat; if only it went backwards. But I don't see the parallel between Coolidge and Nixon (or Obama for that matter). I think the better way to think about the parallelism in those two epochs is to study the events which shaped them, rather than the outcomes. From the way you've set the "cycles" up, they have a common origin in a financial crisis of catastrophic proportions which combined the incumbent presidents to 1 term and naturally led to the election of candidates who offered big shiny new solutions which became the defining dogma of their respective factions for the next several decades.

In 1980, there were a lot of economic problems, but far from "financial catastrophic proportions". I think it was a combination of things that made Jimmy Carter sort of the democratic Herbert Hoover.

About the democrats possibly dominating in this presidential cycle: It could more demographic than ideological. Who knows, though.

Domination cycles:

1800-1824

1828-1856

1860-1892

1896-1928

1932-1964

1968-2004

2008-
porky88
Rookie
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 11:07:00 PM »

First post!

The Democrats won five presidential elections in a row following Herbert Hoover. The Republicans won five out of seven after Jimmy Carter.

Perhaps G.W. Bush is Carter/Hoover. You could argue the perception of his presidency caused the realignment in 2008. If this is the case, the Democrats are poised to do well going forward. The Republicans will need to find their version of Bill Clinton.

If Bush doesn't fall into the Carter/Hoover category, then I suspect this cycle will be remembered for the party in the White House changing every eight years. That would've started with Clinton.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies