Alfred's Hastily Constructed Cardboard Independence Movement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:08:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Alfred's Hastily Constructed Cardboard Independence Movement
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alfred's Hastily Constructed Cardboard Independence Movement  (Read 1873 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 07:26:15 AM »

I can only once again ask you to end this, and come back to Atlasia in a peaceful way!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »

Stand down now or I have to try you with treason
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 10:14:11 AM »

Hastily Constructed Cardboard Limbo in Reality

So with the ascension of Mr. Cranberry to the Presidency (a regretful turn of events for such a nice gentleman), we are left without a source of knowledge on the progress of the Revolution. In the meantime (until a GM is appointed), the military forces of the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni, having already secured most of Western New York, will march on Pittsburgh again, attempting to establish a foothold in Pennsylvania once and for all.

Over my dead body. I will be calling the Mayor and will be asking Governor Talleyrand to dispatch National Guard units to my home city to protect the good people there from this violent nonsense.

Hm. I had hoped the people of your fine city would welcome us with open arms, but I suppose it is not so. Could someone telephone my cousin James and tell him to skedaddle if he values his life? I fear the path of freedom may be strewn with corpses yet again.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 10:20:57 AM »
« Edited: October 10, 2014, 10:26:33 AM by President Alfred of the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni »

What of Lief and His Holiness the Pope? And will the trial be in absentia? Ganonsyoni has no extradition treaty with Atlasia.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »

I'm an ecclesiastical leader, concerned with the souls of my brothers. To charge me with "crimes" would be nothing but prosecution on religious grounds.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »

I'm an ecclesiastical leader, concerned with the souls of my brothers. To charge me with "crimes" would be nothing but prosecution on religious grounds.

I fear the tyrants may not feel the same way.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »

So with the ascension of Mr. Cranberry to the Presidency (a regretful turn of events for such a nice gentleman), we are left without a source of knowledge on the progress of the Revolution. In the meantime (until a GM is appointed), the military forces of the Free Republic of Ganonsyoni, having already secured most of Western New York, will march on Pittsburgh again, attempting to establish a foothold in Pennsylvania once and for all.

Over my dead body. I will be calling the Mayor and will be asking Governor Talleyrand to dispatch National Guard units to my home city to protect the good people there from this violent nonsense.

Hm. I had hoped the people of your fine city would welcome us with open arms, but I suppose it is not so. Could someone telephone my cousin James and tell him to skedaddle if he values his life? I fear the path of freedom may be strewn with corpses yet again.

If you wanted to come here and speak, that's one thing. Your marching on my city indicates the intent of violence toward loyalists of the Republic. I'd not see Pittsburgh end up like other cities that this has happened to. If you wanted to come here and speak in peace, I'm fine with that, but your intent is not that. Pittsburgh has no wish to leave Atlasia and will not be forced to do so.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 04:27:40 PM »

What of Lief and His Holiness the Pope? And will the trial be in absentia? Ganonsyoni has no extradition treaty with Atlasia.

no comment on other trials, but you have the ability to post in a trial thread on the Atlas Fantasy Government so whatever imaginary situation you might concoct is insubstantial to your ability to stand trial
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 06:07:43 PM »

If you wanted to come here and speak, that's one thing. Your marching on my city indicates the intent of violence toward loyalists of the Republic. I'd not see Pittsburgh end up like other cities that this has happened to. If you wanted to come here and speak in peace, I'm fine with that, but your intent is not that. Pittsburgh has no wish to leave Atlasia and will not be forced to do so.

The only violence will be that brought on Pittsburgh by itself. As for me, I am in no condition to fly out to as-yet-unliberated territory and get snatched up by government thugs.

And the conquest of Buffalo went along perfectly well. I, for one, would not like to see Pittsburgh in the same situation as Rochester was left in after we had rebuffed the Atlasian troops.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 10:40:06 PM »

I will try to update all y'all on the constitution we have adopted tomorrow, but I'll have quite a bit on my plate so I may not be able to.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »

no comment on other trials, but you have the ability to post in a trial thread on the Atlas Fantasy Government so whatever imaginary situation you might concoct is insubstantial to your ability to stand trial

24 hours to stand down starting now
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 02:53:39 PM »

Thank you for the updates, Mr. Attorney General, sir.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 03:03:04 PM »

I really don't wanna have to start a trial against you Alfred, I'm trying to give you an out here

plz respond
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 03:05:35 PM »

I really don't wanna have to start a trial against you Alfred, I'm trying to give you an out here

plz respond

Can the deadline please be extended so there is enough time for negotiations?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 07:30:53 PM »

Does 24 hours and 5 minutes count? Because I'm willing to stand down now.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 07:45:10 PM »

Oh wait it's 23 hours and 5 minutes.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 08:53:59 PM »

Hastily Constructed Cardboard Peace Treaty

Peace has been restored to the land and the Grand Army of the Republic (i.e. myself and my trust assistant who happens to be a Marine) has laid down its arms. I have decided to not post my defiant suicide note and shoot myself through the mouth, and have also decided to recognize Cranby as the legitimate President of Atlasia. Also, we get autonomy for Ganonsyoni, which will include Vermont plus all the New York counties that border Canada (aka Clinton to Erie). The People's Tricolor will wave proudly, stained from now on only with figurative blood, and slightly below the Not-Tyrants-Anymore's Not-Tricolor.

Ad astra per aspera.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 09:49:38 PM »

OK, it turns out the President has not greenlighted this quite yet, so *reloads pistol, places against temple* you'll never take me alive.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2014, 01:46:13 AM »

Bacon King,

You have precisely 24 to cease legal threats against Brother Alfred. Otherwise, you shall stand a trail under the Northeast Catholic Church canon law for being mean*, which goes against the Church theology.

24 hours to stand down starting now.

* Well, you are actually quite nice to him, but the Church needs to do stuff
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 05:38:31 AM »

24 hours has passed, but I decided to take no futher action.

Why? I'm the Pope. Therefore, I don't have to explain myself.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »

I think Mr. King stopped threatening me when I stopped waving the handgun in his envoy's face and yelling "Do you want this to happen? Do you want this to happen?", so we're all good.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies