Christianity (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:35:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Christianity (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What is your overall opinion of Christianity?
Good

Bad

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Christianity  (Read 11721 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: October 17, 2014, 05:42:40 AM »

I think these threads are basically pointless, firstly because religions like Christianity or Buddhism or Islam are so diverse that they just can't be summed up in a neat acronym, but also because, as alluded to earlier, there is a big distinction between the people who claim to follow the religion and the religion itself, and what you choose to emphasize will probably determine how you vote. Incidentally, that probably explains the negative views of buddhism, seeing as most of the buddhists people here are familiar with are western converts, who do tend to be pretty annoying.

Having said that, some people seem to not only be voting based on the adherents but then equating that with the teachings (FWIW I'm happy to concede that the vast majority of christians, including myself, on a spectrum of goodness range from OK to awful, and only a few actual saints consistently live as the gospel tells them to).

I can't understand who's anyone who's read even a little of the gospels can view them as Clark seems to, as just a few examples will show:

Jesus's crazily legalistic view of salvation:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Jesus urges followers to be a dick to people who hold other views:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies