Even the Independent admits: Irish are converting to Protestantism (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:09:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Even the Independent admits: Irish are converting to Protestantism (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Even the Independent admits: Irish are converting to Protestantism  (Read 2052 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« on: October 12, 2014, 01:17:10 PM »

BRTD, different places have different cultures. Religious identity works different ways in different cultures. America's individualism and wide variety of Christian denominations means that religion is weaker as a cultural identity than it is in, say, Ireland or France or Russia.

Do you understand?

But the article posted proves this is not exactly universal in Ireland either.

Also isn't this the sort of thing Marxists would want to abolish? Communists after all have suppressed religion but even keeping nominal religion as some sort of cultural identifier kind of goes against the supposed eventual goal of Communism.

Snowstalker, the great Communist boy, also read the part that you missed about how the Church of Ireland (part of the Anglican Communion) was gaining members.  If he is very anti-religion I highly doubt he would think highly of this development.  You are basically asking him why he is unhappy that sh*t sandwiches are now being served instead of crapdogs.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 01:17:51 PM »

Why did I just bother replying to a BRTD thread?

Why god?  Why?
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 01:31:12 PM »

Also, just to spite our local Protestant Supremacist, I thought I'd leave this here:

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/10/09/nones-on-the-rise/

And this is the part where I regret posting an article that will give Hockeydude something to brag about.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies