Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:56:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170548 times)
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 05, 2014, 12:50:13 AM »
« edited: February 15, 2016, 08:12:38 AM by ︻        tik ︼        »

I am a bit tired of being reminded of dead cats whenever I browse FC. I therefore decided that despite it not quite being a year old, I would end the last Update for Everyone and make a new one. It's so fresh and new and begging to be filled with the banal tales of our inconsequential lives as we careen towards the inevitable all-consuming chasm of death. Cheesy So, feel free to discuss the goings-on in your life and we will all pretend to read it.

Here is where we left off (Sorry if I leave you out):

Sanchez revealed the verdict to the murder trial saga - guilty as hell. In a month's time they will sentence the man who killed his step-uncle.

Cathcon continues his celebrated tradition of drunken adventures in fratland. He also quit smoking. Will it last? Will he keel over wheezing on the day of his 5k run?

jmfcst is encouraging strangers on the internet to rob him.

SawX made a bunch of you pathetics assume he had gotten lucky. Expect the same thing to happen again when he tells everyone he "cleaned his wardrobe."

HockeyDude is moving back to New Jersey, as is Flo. Will they hook up?

Dave from Michigan has a fat friend whose odour makes milk curdle. How can he let his friend know he smells like ass-extract without damaging his self-esteem?

Tweed bought a brand new TV. Party at his place.

As for me, I am having a splendid day while my partner is away at work doing all kinds of self-indulgent things. "Summer Time" began last night so I'm down an hour of sleep and hoping that adjusting to getting up an hour early for work won't be too hard.

I'm also deciding whether or not I should become the union delegate for my workplace. It pays nothing and is an extra pile of work making sure the company treats everyone well and, eventually, negotiating the employment contract next year. So extra stress without pay! But, I'm tempted to take the role because I think I would grow as a person and that it might look good on a resume (or the opposite).

I'm also saving up money to buy all the parts to build a new, fancy-pants computer, because I can't even run Eclipse on this stupid thing, and it's running on Windows XP which is just sad at this point. I almost have enough for the CPU - I've decided on an i7-4790. Still need to pick a good motherboard, though. I'm thinking Gigabyte. Any ideas?

So, tell me about your day.

Edit: Subtitle made more appropriate, pretentious, and unwieldy (because anagrams are fun).
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 02:10:30 AM »

I'm in the process of asking for a raise.  Undecided
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 05:07:22 AM »

No Girls Allowed!!! Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 05:54:55 AM »

I protest against an exclusion of such a cool posters as politicus from this thread.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »

Don't kick out the girls.  Kick out the homers.  Rename this the No Homers Club.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 09:08:29 AM »

The world of facebook now knows about the dude I'm dating.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 10:49:17 AM »

Changed up my scene last night. No regrets whatsoever.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 02:18:09 PM »

Congrats, Thomas.

Me and my guy are still going strong. Spent the last two days together at my place. Went over to a mutual friend's house last night for some drunken tomfoolery. Things are good! Smiley
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 07:54:16 PM »

I changed the air filter in my car today. Not only did I save $40 in labor that the shop wanted to charge me, I got some dirt under my fingernails and feel all hardworking and blue-collar and might even start voting Republican again.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 10:26:05 PM »

Watched some rented DVDs with my girlfriend over the weekend.  Noah turned out to be the sort of barely tolerable bad movie we like to snark at together.  Definitely do not watch it if you insist that Bible-based movies limit themselves to additions to the text instead of flat out contradictions to scripture.  Saving Mr. Banks and Lincoln were both much better.

Cooked several dishes from scratch (semi-scratch in the case of the pumpkin bread) this weekend as well, and it's quite apparent that if this does, as I hope it does, become a more permanent relationship, division of kitchen tasks is likely to be me doing the cooking and her cleaning up, which suits me just fine.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »

The family went to a tapas restaurant in Philly with my dad for his 50th birthday.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »

Ten page sociology paper due tomorrow at 1 PM EST and I'm on page 3.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2014, 11:04:27 PM »

I'm going to a City Council meeting on Tuesday to heckle.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2014, 11:16:25 PM »

Ten page sociology paper due tomorrow at 1 PM EST and I'm on page 3.

Oh, please. It's sociology. Put as many footnotes in as humanly possible and you're good to go.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 01:55:27 AM »

So the latest on LAMBDA leadership, our President recently resigned due to time constraints, and we had an election to replace him last week whereby the incumbent Secretary ran and won. That leaves an open Secretary position again and they really want me to run for it since I'm one of few in the group whose been in the group for more than a year, but unfortunately I can't because my political science class extends right in the middle of the group meetings. I have State & Local Gov. T-TH from 12-1:30 pm and the group meetings are 1-2 pm, so that won't work out.

As for my hunt for a boyfriend, I've made friends with one of the cutest guys in LAMBDA; like me, he's also a bit of a goofball, with a friendly personality. This is his first year on campus, so he's kind of shy, but from the short time I've gotten to know him, knows how to have fun and he's definitely hot.

He's pansexual, which means he's emotionally attracted to all sexes, but I don't know if he likes me or not. As far as I know, he is single because there's another guy I know who's already started hitting on him, but we'll see who gets to his heart first. Tongue

If I can't find someone special on campus, then there's always plenty of clubs in Lakewood and the local LGBT Community Center has an awesome youth program for this kind of stuff.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 07:05:46 AM »

Did some laundry. More at 10.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:36 AM »

I have a test in economics next period.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 11:24:28 AM »
« Edited: October 06, 2014, 11:29:17 AM by Northeast Assemblyman Sawx for Governor »

While Fitzy's been updating us on his quest for a boyfriend, there's some drama on the horizon in Sawxland. I won't get into it that much, but it involves my friend and something he tried to do two weekends ago. It came out yesterday, and the end result is a very, very angry Sawx.
GaussLaw
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 06:17:16 PM »

I changed the air filter in my car today. Not only did I save $40 in labor that the shop wanted to charge me, I got some dirt under my fingernails and feel all hardworking and blue-collar and might even start voting Republican again.

I know you're being sarcastic, but this is hard to believe.

And @R2D2, what kind of school has Atlas forum unblocked?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 06:29:21 PM »

Technically, the Atlas Forum is an informative site.
GaussLaw
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 06:40:23 PM »

As a teacher, if I saw a student on Atlas, I would be a bit upset [about him not paying attention] and a little intrigued/terrified.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 06:49:39 PM »

As a teacher, if I saw a student on Atlas, I would be a bit upset [about him not paying attention] and a little intrigued/terrified.

I was in journalism at the time. Do-nothing class. I'm an editor. I edited everything that needed to be edited.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

My School does an exchange program with Pakistan wherein some students come to the U.S. for a month. At the end of the month, they go to DC for a week with some students from my HS, and I have been selected! Smiley

Less fun-ly, I have to work on college applications. UNC is due on Oct. 15th, and I'm wildly behind.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 07:50:50 PM »

My School does an exchange program with Pakistan wherein some students come to the U.S. for a month. At the end of the month, they go to DC for a week with some students from my HS, and I have been selected! Smiley

Less fun-ly, I have to work on college applications. UNC is due on Oct. 15th, and I'm wildly behind.

Congrats!
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 07:54:17 PM »

Applied to York College of PA today. Hopefully going to apply to Millersville and IUP tomorrow.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies