Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:47:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169531 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: December 04, 2015, 12:20:47 AM »

Refua shlema Smiley
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1251 on: December 04, 2015, 12:27:49 AM »

I'm currently organizing an event at GW that will be kind of like a mock primary for the presidential election, and takes place shortly before the Iowa Caucus. I have a bunch of ideas I'm working on, but I was wondering if anyone here could suggest something I could do to make it better. I was thinking the students (only GW students can vote) select the candidate they support, and offer additional information like Party ID, home state, political idealogy, etc and then use that to make some cool maps and charts. Thoughts?

Sounds great!  I'd be curious how the party-ID breakdown would look for politcally-interested GW students.  I know at Stanford the stats are about 9:1 Democrat:Republican.

9:1? Yikes. Even Case was only about 3:1 and UW Madison is more somewhere around 5:3 despite being known for being a very liberal school.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1252 on: December 04, 2015, 12:58:39 AM »

Men are scum*.

*Not All Men(TM)
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1253 on: December 04, 2015, 01:56:04 AM »

Whats wrong?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1254 on: December 04, 2015, 02:10:09 AM »

I had to listen to this aging gay guy who is a relationship brag about this random guy he made out with and other aging people egging him on. Also, said random guy is/was in mourning for his mother.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1255 on: December 04, 2015, 02:12:36 AM »

I had to listen to this aging gay guy who is a relationship brag about this random guy he made out with and other aging people egging him on. Also, said random guy is/was in mourning for his mother.

What is "aging"?  And were you on a date then?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1256 on: December 04, 2015, 02:42:04 AM »

What is "aging"?

Late fifties or so. The only reason I bring up his age is because bragging about this sort of thing is behavior that I generally associate with much younger people.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

No, I'm in a long-distance relationship. I was at a social function.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1257 on: December 05, 2015, 01:57:11 AM »

I have just been called a "cuckservative" for the first time in my life, by someone being unironical. By a white supremacist who happened to be Jewish, actually. One can understand: the conversation was not pleasant and did not end well.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #1258 on: December 05, 2015, 02:01:35 AM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 02:03:37 AM by Marokai Backbeat »

As much as I think using "cuck" as an insult is super stupid I do appreciate people who use it in unexpected ways. I once saw someone refer to Caiden Cowger as Caiden Cuckhold and for whatever reason I lost it.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #1259 on: December 05, 2015, 03:03:44 AM »

I have just been called a "cuckservative" for the first time in my life, by someone being unironical. By a white supremacist who happened to be Jewish, actually. One can understand: the conversation was not pleasant and did not end well.
A self-hater then?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1260 on: December 05, 2015, 02:48:09 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2015, 02:51:13 PM by DavidB. »

Nah. He considered Ashkenazim white and was positive about them, and since he was Ashkenazi I don't think he's can be considered a self-hater in the literal sense, yet he denied the existence of a Jewish people, since he denies that he has anything in common with Sephardim and Ethiopians -- also using the N-word Roll Eyes Roll Eyes That's the moment when I lose my respect for someone. Hardly surprising for someone who thinks Ashkenazi Jews are solely connected because of high IQs and "technological progress" anyway Roll Eyes I'm sure that's why we left Egypt... Apart from that he believed in all sorts of "alt-right" theories about Ashkenazi Jews causing "degeneracy" of "white nations" through "cultural Marxism", and he thought Jews had a responsibility for the Shoa since they were not nationalistic enough... Yeah. No.

In some way he was the no less disgusting mirror image of Guevara-loving "Jewish" campus Marxists that also don't find any meaning in the idea of a Jewish people. It made for an interesting, yet very frustrating conversation.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1261 on: December 05, 2015, 10:33:45 PM »

"Cuck" is a useful term insofar as you can safely assume anyone who uses it is an awful human being and an out-and-out white supremacist who is not worth your time.  I guess it might almost be a good thing, in a way, that more people are able to make out that dogwhistle's frequency.

In other, allow-myself-to-brag-for-just-a-moment news, I had a sip of Sam Adams Utopias today.  It was delicious, but no of course it's not worth the price tag.  Not that I would have expected different.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #1262 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:34 PM »

Not that anyone here who hasn't already heard gives a sh**t, but in the past few months I have come out to a whole slew of people (including my family) as transgender, brought my weight loss to a total of 18 kilos, started seeing a psychologist, as well as a psychiatrist who has told me he will give me a referral to an endocrinologist next month to begin taking hormones, and I've been working 50 hours a week as well.

Last night I went out dressed properly for the first time. I went for teppanyaki with my wife and some friends to celebrate a birthday. As for goals I had this year.. they all seem to be happening. It's all been incredibly stressful, but completely worth it. I hope that when I come out the other side I'll have the confidence to actually achieve things like finishing school and finding work that is more satisfying to do mentally, and you know.. just finally relax.

Anyway, just had a few minutes to spare and thought updating here would be fun since I'm barely on here anymore having basically self-exiled to AAD.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1263 on: December 06, 2015, 06:19:43 AM »

Congrats, Tik, and best of luck!
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1264 on: December 07, 2015, 12:22:06 AM »

Now I'm sick.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1265 on: December 08, 2015, 03:01:23 AM »

Sorry to hear that. Sad  May I ask what's going on?

I hope you feel better soon!
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1266 on: December 08, 2015, 07:55:36 AM »

Just got email reminding me about an exam that I have this week. And it's for a Unit that I don't recognise, so I assume it's a mistake and send an email to my department. No, it turns out it's a mandatory unit for my course. And I've missed every single session, with no chance of catching up. Fml
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #1267 on: December 08, 2015, 08:05:46 AM »

Just got email reminding me about an exam that I have this week. And it's for a Unit that I don't recognise, so I assume it's a mistake and send an email to my department. No, it turns out it's a mandatory unit for my course. And I've missed every single session, with no chance of catching up. Fml
Was attendance also mandatory, or can you still pass it if you pull an all-nighter?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1268 on: December 08, 2015, 08:36:15 AM »

The attendance was mandatory. My tutor said "just attend (even though you'll fail) and you'll have to do a retake in August". Which is fair enough - it is my damn fault - but ugh.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1269 on: December 08, 2015, 08:51:27 AM »

A weight off of my chest, I've just been accepted to college!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1270 on: December 08, 2015, 10:22:59 AM »

Congrats and where did you get accepted too???
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1271 on: December 08, 2015, 11:25:01 AM »

Awesome!

I still have five more schools to apply to, and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1272 on: December 08, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »

Awesome!

I still have five more schools to apply to, and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Good luck with that Clark!  My advice is that given the January 1 deadlines for so many schools, you're best off really kicking into high gear putting effort into writing essays and stuff....you'll be thankful for all that effort come April 1.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1273 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »

I've finished my worst finals, so I'm back.

Now I hope that I didn't screw up, because being a Super Senior would suck. Scratch that, it would completely swallow...that's how epic it would be.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1274 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

What a day - nearly got hit by two cars turning in a hurry after yellow light went off this morning, then immediately after, I did get hit by some woman pulling out of a parking lot when I was barely moving, smashing my front tire bad (another bicyclist couldn't believe my underreaction of not calling her out as she was completely at fault), and on the way home, if I wasn't fully anticipating a girl speeding 40 mph to a skidding halt in the crosswalk, I would've been in the hospital for sure. There I put my foot down the lane before and started yelling. I may be effeminate, but I'm also an angry northeasterner if I have to.

Seriously warming up to these anti-driver laws.

Guess I gotta go get a new wheel...Again.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies