Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:48:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170710 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: January 19, 2016, 05:10:59 PM »

Left my gym bag on the bus today. Was in the middle of a very frustrating phone call when they rolled up to my stop and I just walked right off without noticing I wasn't carrying it, and by the time I did realize, the bus was pretty much out of sight. As expected with all the seedy characters on the bus, when I called, they managed to get in touch with the driver and he said there was no bag on the bus.

Was at least $200 worth of stuff in there Sad
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1401 on: January 19, 2016, 05:19:01 PM »

Left my gym bag on the bus today. Was in the middle of a very frustrating phone call when they rolled up to my stop and I just walked right off without noticing I wasn't carrying it, and by the time I did realize, the bus was pretty much out of sight. As expected with all the seedy characters on the bus, when I called, they managed to get in touch with the driver and he said there was no bag on the bus.

Ouch! Hope there wasn't anything too essential in there!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1402 on: January 19, 2016, 05:20:38 PM »

Sorry to hear it Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1403 on: January 19, 2016, 06:26:48 PM »

Ugh, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1404 on: January 19, 2016, 06:53:10 PM »

Thanks Sad I lost my sugarcube (portable speaker), portable charger, my track shoes & clothes, swimming goggles, another change of clothes, this neat little water bottle that has a built-in filter.. I still can't believe how I could be so stupid!

anyway, just wanted to whine about that. Thank you for listening to my woes.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1405 on: January 19, 2016, 07:28:54 PM »

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune, Virginia.

I almost fell over the railing at the top of the stairs at work this morning.  It was pretty high up, and the ground below was hard, so the fall would not have been pleasant.

Later today, the guy who bumped me by the stair railing apologized. Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1406 on: January 19, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »

I fainted on the way to class this morning. Was out for about 10 minutes in a gas station store because I felt it coming on. Of course no one helped me, lol. Now I'm stuck in the school hospital, and they're mad at me for going to my first class, agh.

E: good evening world i went to said thank u all for being concused about me but this is between god and me
I think you might still be groggy.  Bepause u don't making any sense about ur faint but s okay between god and me
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1407 on: January 19, 2016, 07:48:47 PM »

I saw Vermin Supreme at my friends dads wake
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1408 on: January 19, 2016, 08:26:47 PM »

I just got a message that my friend is in the hospital after a car accident. 
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1409 on: January 19, 2016, 09:03:05 PM »

Sad I hope he's alright.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1410 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »

Sheesh first the stairs, then that. Not the best day it seems. Hope it is nothing serious.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1411 on: January 19, 2016, 09:13:56 PM »

I saw Vermin Supreme at my friends dads wake
Oddly enough, I once sat behind the winner of The Voice at a funeral mass.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1412 on: January 19, 2016, 09:14:48 PM »

I fainted on the way to class this morning. Was out for about 10 minutes in a gas station store because I felt it coming on. Of course no one helped me, lol. Now I'm stuck in the school hospital, and they're mad at me for going to my first class, agh.

E: good evening world i went to said thank u all for being concused about me but this is between god and me

Hmm. Doesn't seem like a good day for us all. That sucks. Hope you're feeling better, smilo. Virginia, I seem to have lost a glove so I can empathise... somewhat. I know Panasonic makes a very good and outrageously cheap portable speaker if you're looking to replace it.

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1413 on: January 20, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »

My friend is doing well, and it looks like he'll be fine, thankfully.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1414 on: January 20, 2016, 01:26:39 PM »

A good friend of mine is running for office in New York and I'm going to be helping on his campaign a bit, so I'm pretty excited. The seat could determine the balance of power in the State Senate.

Who is it? Smiley

http://devitoforsenate.com/
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1415 on: January 20, 2016, 04:29:24 PM »
« Edited: January 20, 2016, 07:06:52 PM by Teddy Lee, Bass God of the West »

I had a pretty major audition for the director today. Unfortunately, I let me nerves get to me and I dissapointed on both a circle of fifths activity and something where we counted and clapped rhythms, but I did a bang-up job on the sight-reading portion and a segment where we had to sing solfege. Luckily, it won't have too much bearing on my musical activities.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1416 on: January 20, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »

Good news!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1417 on: January 20, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »

For some reason, I thought that your friend had just fallen down some stairs. I don't know why. Huh

Good to hear. Hope they get well soon.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1418 on: January 20, 2016, 10:30:04 PM »

I found a video of my question to Ted Cruz
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pH5WR-O80w8
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1419 on: January 20, 2016, 10:32:48 PM »

I watched that event on C-SPAN! I missed your question on C-SPAN though, so it was cool to finally see it.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1420 on: January 20, 2016, 11:07:44 PM »

That's awesome (and a good question)! He looks very nice in this video, not at all the villain people like to portray him as.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1421 on: January 21, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »
« Edited: January 21, 2016, 01:52:54 AM by #TheShadowyAbyss »

My fiancee and I have set our wedding date for May 16th of this year. We're going to have a wedding done traditionally in my culture, but we're going to mix it up for her and her family as well.

Also today I learned if I don't vote for Bernie, I'm going to be rounded up by Trump and be thrown into the ovens....yes some hardcore Sandernistas are saying this...
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #1422 on: January 21, 2016, 08:08:27 PM »

I skipped going to the gym today, so I decided to go for a run around town to get at least some physical activity in for the day. Well it being January in Illinois there's a thing called ice which I totally let slip in my mind. So as I'm rounding the second to last corner, just houses away from my home, my feet slip out from underneath me and next thing I know I'm on the asphalt. I could immediately feel stinging in my hand and elbow, but I got up and jogged back home.

In the light and warmth of home, I see that I took a huge chunk of skin out of my finger, scraped up my elbow, scraped up my knee pretty bad, and to top it off, I ripped the most comfortable pair of sweatpants I've ever known.

...I'm sure if anyone saw it was probably the highlight of their day, however.

Today's lesson kids: don't run in January... especially in the dark.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1423 on: January 21, 2016, 08:10:52 PM »

My fiancee and I have set our wedding date for May 16th of this year. We're going to have a wedding done traditionally in my culture, but we're going to mix it up for her and her family as well.

Also today I learned if I don't vote for Bernie, I'm going to be rounded up by Trump and be thrown into the ovens....yes some hardcore Sandernistas are saying this...

Congrats!

I skipped going to the gym today, so I decided to go for a run around town to get at least some physical activity in for the day. Well it being January in Illinois there's a thing called ice which I totally let slip in my mind. So as I'm rounding the second to last corner, just houses away from my home, my feet slip out from underneath me and next thing I know I'm on the asphalt. I could immediately feel stinging in my hand and elbow, but I got up and jogged back home.

In the light and warmth of home, I see that I took a huge chunk of skin out of my finger, scraped up my elbow, scraped up my knee pretty bad, and to top it off, I ripped the most comfortable pair of sweatpants I've ever known.

...I'm sure if anyone saw it was probably the highlight of their day, however.

Today's lesson kids: don't run in January... especially in the dark.

Ouch! Hope it all heals up soon!
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1424 on: January 22, 2016, 11:59:27 AM »

So I have a good friend of mine from high school who's at college with me. She's a good, nice, and smart person, but in college I've been hanging out with different friends and so we've drifted apart some. The problem is is that the drifting has mostly been on my end of things; she hasn't made any friends in college. This is complicated by the fact that she has schizoaffective disorder, and I think she is entering to a depressed episode, so I want to support her but I'm not really sure of the best way to do so since she's been able to keep her mental health pretty well managed since the time I've known her. The trouble is is that, for the past few days, she's been inviting me to do things constantly, with the expectation that basically all of my time to hang out with friends should be with her. She invited me out to dinner last night, but I wasn't able to go with her, because I had already made plans, but then she sent me a very anxious and depressed sounding text about how lonely and sad she was. I don't how to handle this--I'm really her only support in college at the moment, but I also don't know the first thing about how to support her, and I have a hard time spending time with my other friends since she sort expects to eat every meal with her, spend lots of free time with her, etc. I don't know what to do Sad
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies