Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:16:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171059 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2015, 02:07:22 PM »

Part 2 of the ordeal!

4:20 AM: Get on the train. Chill out there with a few people.
5:00 AM: Sleep a little. God knows what's happening from here.
8:30 AM: Wake up. Apparently I'm in New Haven.
9:15 AM: The train stops. The train stops. For five minutes, we're at a crawlspeed, and then it stops.
9:30 AM: It stops again. Five minutes of stops, another crawlspeed. Two college kids next to me who have been on there from Virginia on (bless their hearts) have enough time to get out and throw snowballs at the train.
10:30 AM: Three trains are in the station. We have to stop for another 15 minutes. We are all pissed.
11:30 AM: WE'RE FINALLY IN RHODE ISLAND! Things so smoothly.
1:00 PM: I come in. I situate myself, check everything, and take a breath now that everything is over.
1:10 PM: Mom is lost. Hangs up on me, refuses to pick up. Between this, the sheer ordeal of having to wait, the fact that I was invited to get a few drinks to forget that this wait was going to happen, being approached by a beggar, and essentially having to travel for eighteen hours, I break down.
2:00 PM: I'm sick of this. I start looking into stopping at the bank, getting some money out of my emergency fund, and taking the train back home to NH. It's here I find out that my mom is driving in circles because she put in the wrong GPS address. I text her the right one, call her... she refuses to pick up. But the next train to my town comes at 5, and I decide I'm going to wait until 3.
2:30 PM: She finally picks up. I tell her the right one. We're finally good.
2:35 PM: She's at the wrong address. I'm so goddamn sick of it that I just walk the 20 minutes to get there.
2:55 PM: With 1% of my phone battery left, and barely any hate, I find my mother. After around 22 hours from when I get on the bus to when I get to the car, I'm finally home. On the ride home, we just rant about our horrible ordeals, grab some dinner, and we come to the comfort of our home, thankful that it's over.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #526 on: March 08, 2015, 02:20:50 PM »

#AMTRAK
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #527 on: March 09, 2015, 07:08:35 PM »

Heading to New York City with my boyfriend on Friday! I'm really looking forward to it. Teaching a grade 2/3 class for the last four weeks has been so much.

And if anyone's in the area, let me know! Could be fun. Plus, suggestions re: things we should do would be much appreciated. Smiley
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #528 on: March 09, 2015, 11:09:38 PM »

I had met an awesome Georgetown guy at a gay bar in DC and we had a really nice chat but then I later forgot his name when I went back home due to my lack of sobriety, BUT then I later matched him on Tinder and now we're meeting up for coffee after spring break Smiley
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #529 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:36 PM »

I had met an awesome Georgetown guy at a gay bar in DC and we had a really nice chat but then I later forgot his name when I went back home due to my lack of sobriety, BUT then I later matched him on Tinder and now we're meeting up for coffee after spring break Smiley

Congrats
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #530 on: March 11, 2015, 06:00:35 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2015, 10:03:25 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Have been feeling pretty poorly the last couple weeks, particularly with being tired even though I've been getting full nights of sleep. My therapist (started seeing her after my father passed) thinks I may be depressed and wants to prescribe me antidepressants next time I see her if I don't start feeling better.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2015, 07:16:55 PM »

May just stick to the TL part of the forum for a while. My real life has had issues and level of busyness go up and down, while my ability to like the rest of the forum has gone down, and I don't want to be a perpetual asshole all the time, which, when I read my posts back to myself, I seem to be doing.

Probably should start going back to therapy if I'm being honest.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #532 on: March 12, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

Yes, to continue the train of sadness, my life has been pretty awful lately as well and I'm not sure if I can keep fighting these relapses. I don't have the means to get professional help and I wouldn't be willing to even if I could. I'm not sure where I'm going from here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #533 on: March 13, 2015, 01:36:21 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 01:37:55 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

And I almost had another panic attack over the thought of me running into people from high school again. Thank God I didn't go to school in-state.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #534 on: March 13, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »

Was gonna go see the ultra-rare Ivy League championship tomorrow night but change of plans: NYC for the school's first BET championship in 20 years!! Really hoping the opponent is Georgetown.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #535 on: March 13, 2015, 10:12:11 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 10:17:17 PM by retromike22 »

I just done went and made an Instagram.

Follow me!

Part 2 of the ordeal!

1:10 PM: Mom is lost. Hangs up on me, refuses to pick up.
2:00 PM: It's here I find out that my mom is driving in circles because she put in the wrong GPS address. I text her the right one, call her... she refuses to pick up.
2:30 PM: She finally picks up. I tell her the right one. We're finally good.
2:35 PM: She's at the wrong address. I'm so goddamn sick of it that I just walk the 20 minutes to get there.

Way to go Mom!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #536 on: March 14, 2015, 03:05:42 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2015, 03:11:43 PM by SMilo »

Came home today and the conversation with my brother (mjmsh22) obviously turned to Update. I like to keep him aware of the less serious aspects of the site. Eventually we veered into some old classics and I brought up the sock puppet from the Kansas City ballet, a name which he recognized - but he not from FC because he never goes in here. His Italian teacher from two years ago frequently spoke about a son by that name. We both thought it was almost certainly a coincidence, but in disbelief I continued describing him which matched everything he knew about him - especially being quite liberal. After I showed a picture, he confirmed that was certainly his teacher's son. She spoke about the ballet too much for it to be a coincidence. I'm in complete shock! 3 degrees of separation from him. And technically I have spoken to Prof twice so perhaps just two degrees depending how you count it.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »

Came home today and the conversation with my brother (mjmsh22) obviously turned to Update. I like to keep him aware of the less serious aspects of the site. Eventually we veered into some old classics and I brought up the sock puppet from the Kansas City ballet, a name which he recognized - but he not from FC because he never goes in here. His Italian teacher from two years ago frequently spoke about a son by that name. We both thought it was almost certainly a coincidence, but in disbelief I continued describing him which matched everything he knew about him - especially being quite liberal. After I showed a picture, he confirmed that was certainly his teacher's son. She spoke about the ballet too much for it to be a coincidence. I'm in complete shock! 3 degrees of separation from him. And technically I have spoken to Prof twice so perhaps just two degrees depending how you count it.

I'm also 3 degrees away from Mondale. Not really big on revealing how though.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

I have a mild cold.  Thankfully it doesn't look like it will be too bad, and I should be fairly productive today.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #539 on: March 16, 2015, 06:13:22 AM »

Job interview went okay today. Not entirely sure what to think of it. I'll be hearing by Wednesday if I got the job, and begin training next Saturday night. I guess it's okay I didn't get an invite to the Sigma Sigma Sigma formal, then, since that's the same night. I have an interview earlier that day. Potentially have a project due tomorrow, and I definitely have a test tomorrow. Gotta be up early as well. Not looking forward to tonight. Also, apparently some brothers shot the house next door with a BB gun and broke a window. Gosh darn social deviants, and guess whose desk this case gets put on! Composite that was stolen Friday remains unrecovered.
You have already graduated???
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #540 on: March 16, 2015, 11:49:08 PM »

Just remembered I'm supposed to bring something to my office's Saint Patrick's Day Potluck tomorrow.

First of all, who the #$%^ has a Saint Patrick's Day Potluck?

Second, what would one bring to such an event that isn't beer? Daytime drinking at work is best confined to surreptitious cocktails with tiny airline liquor bottles one keeps in one's bottom desk drawer. So, what, then? Potatoes? Corned beef and cabbage? Communion wafers?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »

Just remembered I'm supposed to bring something to my office's Saint Patrick's Day Potluck tomorrow.

Second, what would one bring to such an event that isn't beer? Daytime drinking at work is best confined to surreptitious cocktails with tiny airline liquor bottles one keeps in one's bottom desk drawer. So, what, then? Potatoes? Corned beef and cabbage? Communion wafers?

Either potato leek soup, or if you're in a hurry, a box of Lucky Charms.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2015, 06:45:41 AM »

probably too late, but soda bread would work.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »

I brought glory and honor to my school by absolutely crushing it at quiz bowl yesterday (our team beat our biggest rivals 465 to -5), but then I fell asleep so I wasn't able to talk to Jake, but then he forgave me so it's all cool.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2015, 05:35:17 PM »

Well, guess what guys, I'm a Democrat. 
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2015, 05:49:56 PM »

Congratulations!!! Have you come out to your family yet? If they're accepting, would you bring a Democrat home? If they're not, just remember: you were born this way, this wasn't a choice you made. So happy for you!!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »

Congratulations!!! Have you come out to your family yet? If they're accepting, would you bring a Democrat home? If they're not, just remember: you were born this way, this wasn't a choice you made. So happy for you!!

He doesn't have to. His father is the Arkansas Democratic Party.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #547 on: March 17, 2015, 06:14:26 PM »

No, I haven't, but I know my dad will support me through this.  And I will most definitely be bringing a democrat home for christmas this year.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #548 on: March 17, 2015, 06:18:03 PM »

Congratulations, but be careful! Our kind are hunted for sport in Arkansas.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2015, 08:49:12 PM »

OMG YOU GUYS I just found out that our next door neighbor is the outreach director for the NV Libertarian Party.  This explains quite a lot.  He likes to stamp up and down the stairs and slam his front door, and can't quite seem to react in any way when I smile or greet him like a normal person.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies