Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:17:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169489 times)
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2014, 07:03:35 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm back!
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2014, 04:22:12 PM »
« Edited: October 13, 2014, 04:27:41 PM by angus »

Did y'all get Columbus Day off?  My son and I are on holiday, but my wife had to work.  He and I fired up the grill and peeled a few shrimp and did a dry rub and cooked them, along with a mess of chicken wings.  We had teriaki beef for desert.  All carnivore lunch today.  Mmmmmm.

Then we went to the gym for a couple of hours.  I did the circuit and the stationary bicycle while he played in the kidmazium for an hour, then we went to the pool and did some swimming, then just lounged in the hot tub for at least 30 minutes.  When we left it was raining.  Oops.  I hadn't brought an umbrella.  I told him to wait for me in the gym and I'd run home and get the car.  Luckily, just as I was exiting the gym, Master Kwan (from Tae Kwon Do) was also leaving so he drove us home.

TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2014, 04:27:34 PM »

While playing in the garage, my cat killed a large mouse and brought it into the house.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2014, 05:01:40 PM »

While playing in the garage, my cat killed a large mouse and brought it into the house.

What a thoughtful gift!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2014, 05:40:26 PM »

Both my mom and my dad encountered Joe Biden's motorcade in Palm Beach and Broward Counties respectively today.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:12 PM »

My cat regularly catches lizards, and he stores them in such strange places. Imagine waking up with a dead lizard under your head, looking in the cabinet and there's one on top of a can of corn, etc.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2014, 03:15:34 AM »

Well, that was an... interesting night last night. Went to the first meeting of the university Conservative association, and sat at the back with the other reprobates who weren't taking it very seriously (and, you know, some people actually do take it seriously, in the sense that they think joining a University Conservative Association is the start of their rise to power... yeah). Anyway, after that, I went onto the Classics social, which basically consisted of drinking (thus forcing me to abandon my longstanding anti-alcohol position and have about 4 pints... mind you, it was only Strongbow so), and then got a taxi home at about 1 in the morning with a girl that I'd got chatting to during the social, after which... other things happened). So it was actually a pretty productive day yesterday, although now, alas, I need to prepare for a seminar.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2014, 06:48:10 PM »

^Cool, are you hot? Tongue

Also, I just completed my first day of practicum in a grade 4/5 class! It was pretty nerve-wracking during the weeks leading up to today, but in all, I shouldn't have been nervous. I'm doing my placement with an awesome teacher and the class is great. I'm excited.

The only problem is, I'm living at home with my parents for six weeks. This isn't ideal. I've loved teachers' college this year, and it sucks to give up my independence and my bachelor apartment for so long. I also hate being away from my guyfriend. We spent, like, the last four weekends together. We usually see each other every day. So... it's weird not seeing him, even though I've only known him since the beginning of September. I'm also worried that I'm probably missing him more than he's missing me, but I guess that's an insecurity that most people deal with...?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 10:55:43 AM »

Rick Perry is coming to Warsaw University tomorrow. Guess I'll go and see how terrible he is...

More importantly, why is the Governor of Texas coming to Poland to talk about international relations?
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »

Meh, I'm average Hagrid. Apparently I'm supposed to have a 'sexy' voice, like that actor, whatisface, James Frain, but I've never noticed that to be honest Tongue.

Anyway, I just voted in the SU and NUS elections. The SU elections were basically a joke; I didn't know any of the candidates and their 'manifestos' were generic to the point of being blank paper. So, basically, I just preferenced the guys on the list with British sounding names, attempting to discern who had the 'poshest' name, and then voting accordingly. As for the NUS elections, they were a bit more interesting. I preferenced to candidates; one who promised to stick it to the Communist cretins that run the NUS, and the other believed that it should be abolished entirely. I feel that I should have run for the SU, but in the end I just couldn't be arsed.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »

Rick Perry is coming to Warsaw University tomorrow. Guess I'll go and see how terrible he is...

More importantly, why is the Governor of Texas coming to Poland to talk about international relations?

Poland should hire him to shill for major corporations to "Invest in Eastern Poland."
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2014, 08:45:35 PM »

I'll be in Georgia tomorrow Tongue
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2014, 12:43:22 AM »

Stitches are starting to fall out. The road to recovery is going well.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2014, 12:49:16 AM »

I bought a Wii U tonight.  It's fantastic! 
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2014, 03:50:14 AM »

I'm proud of you, Cassius. Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:37 PM »

I've never been somewhere where they just hand out pocket knives to everyone
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2014, 12:46:59 PM »

As am I.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2014, 05:48:32 PM »

Gonna be in DC next weekend. Suggestions/requests for what I should do? I'm trying to branch out from the first line tourist attractions that I've already been to.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2014, 04:54:58 PM »

Today, I was the only one in my team to show up to work. It was a pretty boring day.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2014, 07:42:59 PM »

I've never been somewhere where they just hand out pocket knives to everyone

Haha, what? Where were you?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2014, 11:52:24 PM »

So last week, our school's LAMBDA group got a few new guys who joined! It's a much more successful and active group than it was last year, but that's just my take on it. Tongue

The guy who I was talking about in the last Update on my boyfriend search, the asexual one, seems to have hit it off with another one of our gay regulars from last year. The 2 of them are a good fit for each other anyways.

But one of the new guys who joined last week I've gotten to know a little bit so far, so we'll see where this goes! He's shy which is to be expected, and not very talkative, but I think he's cute and he has a really nice personality.

For those wondering btw, LAMBDA is not just a gay hookup group! lol, I can see how someone might get that impression, but all groups are supervised by a professor. We have about a one hour or so meeting and then we hang out afterwards. But plenty of relationships have started from LAMBDA and we do a lot of out of school stuff together that really makes this kind of stuff possible.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2014, 02:18:20 AM »

A suicide jumper went over the Lake Worth Bridge while I was eating with my family down the street. We saw the police helicopter using the searchlights over the river. Pretty somber site.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2014, 02:58:32 AM »

Today we traveled to a small town south of here because my partner had a craving for a pie. I enjoyed a steak and curry pie, and met a bulldog outside the bakery. Her owner said his name was Jelly Beans. Adorable.

On the way there we'd passed some signs advertising fresh fish so we had an adventure finding that. Once there we waited patiently for an older woman to finish banging on about her late husband, then managed to convince the man we didn't need a whole kilo of whiting, thank you. On our way back to the car the old lady suddenly popped up to offer us fresh donuts she'd made for a church fundraiser. Free donuts. Win.

Then this arvo I dicked around in .NET while my partner napped. After she got up we cooked the fish in the actifry, and now we lounge until bedtime. Life is good.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »

I'm not doing too well right now. Among other things going on in my life, a psychiatric medication that I started a few months ago is causing marked weight gain and if I don't stop it I will continue to gain weight even if I eat less and exercise more and it may eventually induce diabetes even though I have no family history of that. Now I need to spend weeks on end taking progressively less and less of this stuff so that going cold turkey doesn't crash my endocrine system. This is exactly why I wanted to avoid going back on medication.

Also, a friend for whom I have, shall we say, strong feelings is being really terse with me over email because she's so overworked and unhappy. I'm at a point where I don't really know what to say to her, even though I really want to try to arrange to spend time with her because I haven't seen her in a while.

Also, I suffered what I'd politely term a bad psychological (specifically, depressive) episode and had to take a medical leave of absence from divinity school.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2014, 03:57:00 PM »

Everyone is having bad psychiatric episodes, so I might as well tell my latest story. I have been having panic attacks that have been crippling. They usually include severe anxiety followed by a dizzy feeling or even flashbacks that really shatter my nerves and change my emotions for hours on end. I have missed some school over it, but I have been forcing myself to go and work my way through them. I am not on any medications, and I don’t think this is a problem that is severe enough to require them, but I am seeing my therapist tomorrow. I blame the TM; it has worked wonders but I have halted myself from further meditation until I figure things out.

To make it worse, one of my "friends" is this girl who I have on again/off again feelings who likes to rip on everyone and everything. I can dish it and I can take it, and I enjoy our back and forth, but recently she blew up on me publically when I stated that she was making fun of another girl who committed suicide. "If you knew me at all, you'd know I'd never make fun of something like that" which seemed to imply her own past. That really set me off, as she doesn't seem to be aware of the pain she has caused several other people (not myself, as I know I am way out of her league and don't seriously entertain any hopes) including a friend of mine who everybody thought she was dating, though she didn't consider it that way. I usually encounter her before or shortly after these incidents, and our friendship has been cratered in the last few weeks. She doesn't seem to be interested in repairing it, and rejection is one of the things I handle the worst.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies