Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:39:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170325 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »

Winter has arrived here.  We got like an inch and a half of snow on Saturday and the polar vortex has invaded thanks to two competing storms near Alaska (which is a monster) and one near Greenland, which squeezed the vortex that likes to sit in northern Canada down closer to the north side of Lake Superior.

The deer hunters like it because they can track deer better with a light covering of snow.

The lake is freezing.  I can hear the waves hitting the ice which extends a third of the way across the lake.  Itll be frozen solid within a few days as the cold will stick around.

I see animal tracks all over. Theres a juvenile rabbit that hangs around as well as plentiful squirrels, chipmunks, and lately a few honky trumpeter swans.  Oh, and owls.  Its always quaint when you walk out into the cold, white dark and you hear the haunting "who? Who!?" Coming from a tree somewhere.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #176 on: November 11, 2014, 07:07:25 AM »

So I witnessed another burglary last night.

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.

A cat kidnapping?  That's just sick.  As someone who's had their house burglarized, I'd say a cat kidnapping is worse.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »

A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2014, 03:31:58 PM »

A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South North Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!

The problems that you face down there is the same up here, except we've got more confederate flags.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2014, 03:33:54 PM »

A lot is wrong with South Florida. In fact, 90% of the reasons people hate Florida is due to South North Florida, not the entire state Tongue. We have a real crime problem in my town, and the police are grossly incompetant. One of our officers was arrested for raping a woman who he had arrested for God's sake!

The problems that you face down there is the same up here, except we've got more confederate flags.
I consider Orlando to be more or less a cousin of South Florida, with less New Yorkers and more rednecks.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

I consider Orlando to be more or less a cousin of South Florida, with less New Yorkers and more rednecks.

Orlando has more people from all across the midatlantic, not just New York. Instead of the large Cuban population, Orlando has a large Puerto Rican population, but I'm 45 minutes away from Orlando, which either means suburb or redneck area. No inbetween.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2014, 06:24:26 PM »

My GF was hit by a car earlier today.  Not as serious as it could be– we're still waiting on MRI results but probably nothing broken?– but the whole incident was a shocking display of selfishness and inhumanity on the part of the driver and I have been quaking with rage all day.

Will have much more to say about this later.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2014, 06:35:59 PM »

My GF was hit by a car earlier today.  Not as serious as it could be– we're still waiting on MRI results but probably nothing broken?– but the whole incident was a shocking display of selfishness and inhumanity on the part of the driver and I have been quaking with rage all day.

Thank God she's alright. My sister's fiancee hit an eighteen wheeler when he passed out at the wheel, I'm glad he's okay, but I wish he would've pulled over to nap for an hour or something.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »

Im sorry to hear this and I hope she is okay.  If you have time later, could you tell us what happened?
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »

My GF was hit by a car earlier today.  Not as serious as it could be– we're still waiting on MRI results but probably nothing broken?– but the whole incident was a shocking display of selfishness and inhumanity on the part of the driver and I have been quaking with rage all day.

Glad to hear it was not worse.  Still terrible.  
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2014, 06:49:01 PM »

Very sorry to hear that.  Hopefully she's ok.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2014, 06:53:12 PM »

That sucks man. Hopefully everything's all okay with her and she'll make a speedy recovery. Can't stand rude drivers. Ugh.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #188 on: November 11, 2014, 06:57:31 PM »

A cat kidnapping?  That's just sick.  As someone who's had their house burglarized, I'd say a cat kidnapping is worse.

Some lady in another street walked in our street, saw a cat she liked and took it to her house.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2014, 05:51:22 PM »

I am becoming less and less tolerant of ideas I know I don't like.  I know the general point of life is that people are supposed to get better and more virtuous as they age, but, with regard to this issue, that's not happening with me.  Tongue
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2014, 09:50:22 PM »

So, a girl I was talking to for a while last year is planning on moving back to NJ (she had moved south for a bit for nursing school) and said she wants to catch up and start talking again.  Wasn't expecting to hear from her so that's a nice surprise. 

On the other hand, a long time female friend, and one of my best friends, who I've no interest in getting involved with romantically drunkenly confessed her love for me over the weekend while I was designated driving for her.  I said there's no way, but I can't see this ending well considering how emotional she gets over things, and the fact that we've hooked up while drunk in the past just for the hell of it.  Oy vey.   

Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2014, 04:42:07 PM »

I have sleep bruxism and will have to wear a plastic mouthguard in my sleep.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #192 on: November 17, 2014, 07:13:40 AM »

This happened to me during the Summer. Scary as hell. Glad to hear she's ok though.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #193 on: November 17, 2014, 11:14:44 AM »

Considering not going into work today due to a combibation of sleep deprivation, school work, and general anger at the world.

If only this were an option for me. I'd never go to work.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »

Apparently I need to learn philosophy. Where do I start?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #195 on: November 17, 2014, 04:51:04 PM »

Ayn Rand.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #196 on: November 17, 2014, 06:20:39 PM »

I hope that this joke hasn't already become passé.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #197 on: November 17, 2014, 08:36:27 PM »

He said he needed to learn philosophy, not how to blow his brains out.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #198 on: November 18, 2014, 03:43:54 PM »

And I'm sick.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #199 on: November 18, 2014, 04:16:06 PM »

I did a trivia thing for school and it was OK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies