Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:51:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170372 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2014, 01:11:06 PM »

The best and worst part of Senior year is that I have no important classes. Since missing one class is missing a whole day according to my school and I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, I got to skip the whole day. My parents would have never allowed this until this year.

I've been cooking pork chops a lot lately.  Yesterday I pan-fried 'em with apple, cabbage, garlic, fennel, and caraway, and some rosemary roasted potatoes on the side. 

It's a nice change from the endless pastas and stir-frys I was making in the summer.
Can't go wrong with pork chops.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2014, 01:27:24 PM »
« Edited: December 08, 2014, 10:59:31 AM by Governor Varavour »

I could write a novel, but I'm aware I'm not starving, naked, or even doing poorly in my classes, so... I am no longer sure what things such as "fun" and "sleep" are. It's not all bad. I am sitting with a completed 20 page term paper (scoff if you so please at my implication of 20 pages being "long') in front of me that is not due for another two days. But then again, I had planned to be at this point a week and a half ago...

At this juncture I feel feelings are bad and ought to be suppressed.

On a completely unrelated note, why the hell do Chai Lattes cost so much? And why must they cost $5.06? Surely they could have lowered the price by five cents so it'd be a decent $5.00? Can we just ban coins that aren't quarters? Speaking of Chai Lattes... oh, forget it.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »

The best and worst part of Senior year is that I have no important classes. Since missing one class is missing a whole day according to my school and I have a doctors appointment this afternoon, I got to skip the whole day. My parents would have never allowed this until this year.

I've been cooking pork chops a lot lately.  Yesterday I pan-fried 'em with apple, cabbage, garlic, fennel, and caraway, and some rosemary roasted potatoes on the side. 

It's a nice change from the endless pastas and stir-frys I was making in the summer.

The attendance policy at my old HS was similarly retarded. If you were even a minute late, you got detention. But if you missed the entire day, you'd be fine as long as you had a note from your parents. So this led to a lot of days of sleeping in when I otherwise would've been like 5 minutes late. I guess their policy was "better never than late".
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »

The attendance policy at my old HS was similarly retarded. If you were even a minute late, you got detention. But if you missed the entire day, you'd be fine as long as you had a note from your parents. So this led to a lot of days of sleeping in when I otherwise would've been like 5 minutes late. I guess their policy was "better never than late".
Pretty much. My school is very lenient on tardys in general, so long as you get their within the first hour or don't leave early.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2014, 04:10:29 PM »

Our tree this year

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2014, 04:30:25 PM »

Today, a teacher who I greatly admired and looked up to died of cancer.  He departed about 2 hours ago and I am in total shock right now.  I know many of you don't believe in god, but if you do, can you include my school Westside and his family in your prayers. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #256 on: December 04, 2014, 03:29:49 PM »

Today, a teacher who I greatly admired and looked up to died of cancer.  He departed about 2 hours ago and I am in total shock right now.  I know many of you don't believe in god, but if you do, can you include my school Westside and his family in your prayers. 
Sorry for your loss; I will be keeping your school and all who knew your teacher in my prayers. Such a sad day for a lot of people here Sad.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #257 on: December 04, 2014, 03:34:02 PM »

Very sorry to hear that. Sad  Your school and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #258 on: December 04, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »

It's grading week for me.  I'm almost done.  It's been an interesting semester.  A real "tale of two cities," with one third-and-fourth year class proving to be the best single group of undergrads I've taught in 20 years, and the other a second-year class that featured class absences, disregard for the content and plagiarism that at least rivals the worst I've seen in 20 years.  I suppose things are pretty much as they've ever been in that way.  But it's amazing how, when you teach for a long time, one semester can from day to day turn you from feeling fortunate and grateful into incredibly worried that the human species will cause its own end very soon.  
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: December 04, 2014, 06:45:18 PM »

Extremely sad news; a close friend of my dad passed away today. My dad was notified by another friend that the man in question was in hospice from cancer. My dad visited him, and he was seemingly sleeping. My dad said a few prayers by his side, left his card to let him know that he had visited, and was about to leave when a nurse entered the room and asked my dad if he was his brother. My dad said “no” and was informed by the nurse that he had passed ten minutes before.

This guy was truly a happy go lucky Saint who lived a life rougher than anything I could imagine, and bore a smile through it all. He was a major part of my childhood and was a kind, gentle person who had numerous ups and downs. It's absolutely terrible.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »

I am the world's dumbest person right now. I paid inflated prices for a train down to London for a meet-up some friends had planned. On the way I was texted the person who organised the whole thing where we would meet. And then he told me the meet-up is next week. F*** Now I've got to pay through the nose for the privilige of taking a train to London and back, unless I can find alternate arrangements.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2014, 04:26:43 PM »

And apparently I've been led on by that girl since Day 1.

Yeah, safe to say it's about to be cutoff time.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2014, 06:54:56 PM »

I'm in the exact same situation, oddly enough.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2014, 03:02:23 AM »

I'm in the exact same situation, oddly enough.

Yeah. Fifty shades of crazy
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2014, 12:24:09 AM »

We're heading into the last week of Fall 2014 semester at my campus, and prepping for finals. I'm a bit worried about the Statistics one, but otherwise the others will be easy. Film Appreciation is simply going to be a True or False Quiz on some Japanese film, State & Local Govt. obviously will be easy, and science is my worst subject, but I lucked out with the teacher this year who literally posts a practice exam with all the answers online (and those questions are transferred over to the final), so it's pure memorization in Physical Geography. Tongue

As for my dating status, I'm still single, but come Thursday, it will be now or never to stop being a wuss and tell the guy I really like how I feel about him. We're both gay and single, around the same age, and I've been told by another friend in the group that he thinks I'm cute to. Most in the group know that we like each other, but neither of us is brave enough to ask the other out. :/
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:53 AM »

Spending ridiculous amounts of money on meals out with Tommy, but whatever. My bigger concern is the disgusting amount of calories I consumed today.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:13 PM »

I just left the gym. I heard a song that brought back memories, reminding me of my best friend that is dead because of me.. Now I can't compose myself to drive. Why do I post this? I don't know...maybe just to show at your hardest times, you have to just keep going.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »

I too have exams coming up soon.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #268 on: December 08, 2014, 09:50:30 PM »

Progress reports came out this week. My lowest grade was a 90%.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2014, 12:08:32 AM »

I just spent several minutes wandering around my room trying to remember where I took my glasses off.

I'm 26 years old.

FML.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #270 on: December 10, 2014, 06:50:20 PM »

Tomorrow is the Charleston County Bar Association's Christmas party. I just can't wait. It's an open bar too. Cheesy
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #271 on: December 12, 2014, 08:12:14 PM »

So I might be distantly related to Deval Patrick.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #272 on: December 12, 2014, 11:28:36 PM »

So I might be distantly related to Deval Patrick.

I might be too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #273 on: December 12, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »

Wow those are not the two last posts i was expecting.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: December 12, 2014, 11:39:44 PM »

Well, I'm more just being a smart ass. "Might be" and "distantly" are qualifiers that leave things pretty loose... Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies