Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:47:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169485 times)
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: March 19, 2015, 08:28:26 AM »

I'm on a trip to Colombia at the moment.  Was invited through friends to give some talks here.  But I've been around the state of Antioquia a bit, but have spent most of my time in Medellin and Manizales.  I must say it's been really wonderful so far. 
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #551 on: March 19, 2015, 08:54:34 AM »

I'm on a trip to Colombia at the moment.  Was invited through friends to give some talks here.  But I've been around the state of Antioquia a bit, but have spent most of my time in Medellin and Manizales.  I must say it's been really wonderful so far. 

Oooh, that's awesome! I'm living in Manizales (which is an awesome city) right now, feel free to drop me a line if you want to meet up here or something.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #552 on: March 19, 2015, 09:02:21 AM »

Oooh, that's awesome! I'm living in Manizales (which is an awesome city) right now, feel free to drop me a line if you want to meet up here or something.

Thanks, Hashemite!  I'm only here till Saturday and my friends have me doing stuff, but if I get some time, I'll definitely pm you.  I really like the city so far, it's very cool.  My friends, who live here also, tell me there is high unemployment in the city, but enough industries are doing well to keep it vibrant.  Love the people here too.  What brought you to live in Manizales?
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #553 on: March 19, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »

Thanks, Hashemite!  I'm only here till Saturday and my friends have me doing stuff, but if I get some time, I'll definitely pm you.  I really like the city so far, it's very cool.  My friends, who live here also, tell me there is high unemployment in the city, but enough industries are doing well to keep it vibrant.  Love the people here too.  What brought you to live in Manizales?

Manizales is indeed a very cool city, and it's also a generally rather safe city and the people here are pretty great and very friendly on the whole. The city has at least five universities, so academia is a major employer here I would guess. I'm working in Manizales as part of a global internship, co-teaching (in English) constitutional law/politics in the Universidad de Manizales (one of the biggest private universities here).

Feel free to PM me if you get a second. At any rate, make sure to check out El Cable (the very hip, modern, lively and wealthy district), Chipre (a beautiful place with an awesome promenade overlooking the mountains and valleys down below, the highest point in the city) and you absolutely need to go all the way to the top of the Cathedral (the view is just spectacular and it's a very thrilling excursion to the top). Make sure to sample the local food as well.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #554 on: March 19, 2015, 01:14:22 PM »

When you shave and bae compliments you in front of the whole class

They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #555 on: March 19, 2015, 02:06:31 PM »

LORD ABOVE
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #556 on: March 19, 2015, 03:16:40 PM »

I've been sedentary this winter and my weight has stalled out at about twenty pounds below my peak (and twenty or thirty pounds from my goal range), so I need to start walking. I'm going to go do that in a few minutes. I have all my walking gear* in order so I'll just get to it!

*my normal clothes, with slightly better shoes
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #557 on: March 20, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »

Does anyone know PredictIt? I might be getting a job there over the summer. I'm heading over to their office later to check it out (I live about 15 minutes away).
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #558 on: March 21, 2015, 07:44:44 AM »

Does anyone know PredictIt? I might be getting a job there over the summer. I'm heading over to their office later to check it out (I live about 15 minutes away).

It looks to be a site that lets you gamble based on politics. It might be an interesting place to work. Or, more likely, it will be soul-crushing toil. Good luck!

If you run into any Kiwis, ask them if they need a bucket or a hose.

I don't see why that is that embarrassing. I suppose it does depend, of course, on the region you shaved. You didn't specify, so I'll go ahead and assume the worst.

I'm currently on the fourth week of the New and Improved intermittent fasting diet. I did it for a long time just over a year ago and stopped when I got tired of it. Since then, I quit smoking and have been eating like a glutton, so I put all the weight back on. Since it's been nearly a year since I quit smoking (HURRAY) I figured I could go ahead and try again. Turns out when you have the resolve to fast, hunger is easy to not just ignore, but embrace. I've lost 3 kilos so far, I'm aiming to lose about 20 (why not?)
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #559 on: March 21, 2015, 01:14:58 PM »

Saw and managed to avoid the crazy girl from last semester last night. Great success.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #560 on: March 21, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »

Off for a long weekend in Medellin. They have wifi on buses here; even if it's waaaay cheaper than Greyhound...
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #561 on: March 22, 2015, 12:07:09 AM »

Sorry I couldn't find time to get in touch with you Hashemite, but my friends did take me all the places you mentioned in Manizales..  But those with a chance should visit Colombia.  What a wonderful time I had.  Heading back to Halifax tomorrow with its vast piles of snow.  Sad
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #562 on: March 22, 2015, 08:41:50 AM »

I cast the most unenthusiastic vote in my life (yet).
retromike22
United States

« Reply #563 on: March 24, 2015, 01:20:43 AM »

A few days ago I visited the Watts Towers for the first time, and passed through the Jordan Downs public housing.

It wasn't that bad, it was actually pretty interesting.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #564 on: March 25, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »

Today I had an extremely awkward moment that didn't turn out to be awkward at all.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #565 on: March 26, 2015, 06:27:02 PM »

Then I'm running risk management at "White Trash Bash" on Friday.

Would it kill you people to try not having overtly racist theme parties for once? No, the fact that it's mocking and deriding poor white people does not make it any more okay than the satirical "Let's all dress like ghetto black/Hispanic people" parties that frats at my school always had.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #566 on: March 26, 2015, 07:17:23 PM »

Would it kill you people to try not having overtly racist theme parties for once? No, the fact that it's mocking and deriding poor white people does not make it any more okay than the satirical "Let's all dress like ghetto black/Hispanic people" parties that frats at my school always had.
Pull the stick out of your ass.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #567 on: March 26, 2015, 09:12:07 PM »

This coming from you?

EDIT: Also, since it seems to you that white right-wingers that have habits you detest are trash (that is at least the view you've purveyed), wouldn't this, for me, be a self-parody?

I have no idea what you're talking about or why you're putting words in my mouth.

Then again, I also have enough self awareness not to mock and denigrate people who didn't have the opportunities and privileges that I had in life - certainly not in as brazen and crass a way as you and your peer group have chosen to do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #568 on: March 27, 2015, 12:11:41 PM »

What do you do when you're assigned to a lawsuit and you don't even in your client's case?

After reviewing tons of files today, that sort of dawned on me that I'm fighting for something I think is BS. Cheesy
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #569 on: March 27, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »

Do I really want friends? I'm unsure. Too often they seem a chore and too unreliable.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #570 on: March 27, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »

MADELEINE'S RELATIONSHIP
JANUARY 17, 2015 - MARCH 27, 2015
RIP IN PEACE, FF

(It was amicable, which is why I say 'FF'.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #571 on: March 27, 2015, 05:12:10 PM »

I'm glad to hear that the breakup was amicable, but I am still sorry to hear that Maddy Sad.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #572 on: March 29, 2015, 05:44:05 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2015, 05:46:35 PM by Snowstalker »

Cuddles! Smiley

(yes I know how OOC this seems for me, but I love my puppies)
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #573 on: March 30, 2015, 09:12:30 AM »

My week hasn't even begun and I already need a drink.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #574 on: March 30, 2015, 09:20:30 AM »

I have walking pneumonia......it sucks.   But being a small business owner I can't afford lots of employees so I'm working. THANKS OBAMA.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies