Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:57:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170521 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: March 30, 2015, 12:16:13 PM »

I have walking pneumonia......it sucks.   But being a small business owner I can't afford lots of employees so I'm working. THANKS OBAMA.

Can't be worse than a grade 8 headache.

Seriously, get better soon. Sure it sucks.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #576 on: March 30, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »

One of my friends is going through a pretty bad time--unrequited crushes on straight girls, existential crisis about her perceived ability to live up to her own standards, fully realizing that she will never not have to deal with sexism, stuff of that sort. I'm worried about her, and worried that my attempts to figure out what was going on and give her advice when I saw her yesterday may have come across as intrusive.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #577 on: March 30, 2015, 05:10:49 PM »

I'm seeing Santorum speak at my school in an hour, I'll try to take embarrassing pictures.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #578 on: March 30, 2015, 11:30:33 PM »

Do I really want friends? I'm unsure. Too often they seem a chore and too unreliable.

Friends are hard. Personally I find it difficult to ride the line between being available for them but remaining isolated enough to do what I want, what with free time being so precious to me. Maintaining these friendships when all they want to do is seemingly waste your time doing things you don't enjoy is a chore. But they're having a great time, and I do appreciate them as people, but is that even friendship? I don't know anymore. If not the only friends I have are my partner - and people back in the States who I've known forever and could not talk to for years and it not be a big deal. I suck at maintaining connections with the few interesting people I do get to know now, too. Thinking about this is depressing.
Panda Express

« Reply #579 on: March 30, 2015, 11:38:54 PM »

Just got back from a trip to India. Very interesting country. I found Akshardham to be cooler than the Taj Mahal so I would recommend making sure you visit that temple if anyone here decides to go to India.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #580 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:48 AM »

So from April 24th to 25th I'll be at Liberty University for the Debate State Tournament here in VA. Last time it was rather fun (but, you know, I'd never want to go there). I'll make sure to take some pictures of the more outlandish things I see there.

In school news, I've decided that I have two options. George Mason or TCC (Tidewater Community College) with guaranteed admission to William and Mary. Keep in mind that with AP credits I'd only have to do 3 years at GMU and 1 year at TCC and 2 years at William and Mary. It's a hard choice IMO as GMU has those nice DC internships and the fact that it's near a city while the TCC option is basically a cheap way to get a more valuable degree than one from GMU, but I have to stay home for another year and Williamsburg is in the middle of nowhere.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #581 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:30 PM »

I'm having really severe self-doubts. This wouldn't be the most sensitive crowd to which to explain of what kind, exactly, but take my word for it that it's bad.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #582 on: April 01, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »

So from April 24th to 25th I'll be at Liberty University for the Debate State Tournament here in VA. Last time it was rather fun (but, you know, I'd never want to go there). I'll make sure to take some pictures of the more outlandish things I see there.

In school news, I've decided that I have two options. George Mason or TCC (Tidewater Community College) with guaranteed admission to William and Mary. Keep in mind that with AP credits I'd only have to do 3 years at GMU and 1 year at TCC and 2 years at William and Mary. It's a hard choice IMO as GMU has those nice DC internships and the fact that it's near a city while the TCC option is basically a cheap way to get a more valuable degree than one from GMU, but I have to stay home for another year and Williamsburg is in the middle of nowhere.
I'm doing the same (two years at TCC-Tallahassee Community College and two years at FSU).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #583 on: April 02, 2015, 09:06:34 PM »

I just made a Twitter.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #584 on: April 02, 2015, 09:24:04 PM »

Firstly, cool beans that you're literally going to be 45 minutes South of me. My condolences it's Liberty and not some other college in Lynchburg...oh well it's a nice town.

Secondly, I'd aim for straight shot of four years does one a lot better not to deal with transfer BS, it's a lot easier to retain friends, and professor networking too.

And thirdly,  valuable degree shmaluable shmegree...what matters more is what is done with the degree and how you sell yourself with it. That's one asset I do like about liberal arts places...so much BS...but ya' never know what comes in handy.

And finally, no shame in taking a break for the sake of work or for some kind re-evaluation....it's a taxing burnout to go four years straight. Almost makes me wish I went on a mission...almost.

I'm having really severe self-doubts. This wouldn't be the most sensitive crowd to which to explain of what kind, exactly, but take my word for it that it's bad.

PM box is open if you need it.

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #585 on: April 02, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »

Ooh what is it?
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #586 on: April 02, 2015, 11:42:53 PM »

I have an interview on Monday for a summer internship with Senator Murphy, but I also have spring fling this weekend so there's a decent chance I'll be very hungover/still drunk.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #587 on: April 03, 2015, 09:35:35 AM »

I have an interview on Monday for a summer internship with Senator Murphy, but I also have spring fling this weekend so there's a decent chance I'll be very hungover/still drunk.
Skip the Spring Fling. The internship is more important. I'd kill for one! Plus you can get drunk when you're celebrating getting the internship.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #588 on: April 03, 2015, 10:08:48 PM »

I'm being followed on Twitter by a UKIP councilor from England. Twitter is just fINKSing magical!
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #589 on: April 04, 2015, 02:00:21 AM »

Currently procrastinating asking a professor from years ago for a letter of recommendation and kind of dreading it.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #590 on: April 04, 2015, 02:22:58 AM »

I'm being followed on Twitter by a UKIP councilor from England. Twitter is just fINKSing magical!
Is it a David Hirst by any chance? He's a UKIP councilor who followed me. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: April 04, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »

Hahaha yes! From Cambridge, IIRC.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #592 on: April 04, 2015, 08:39:16 PM »

Hahaha yes! From Cambridge, IIRC.
https://twitter.com/thehirstcomment

Canterbury. Close enough.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #593 on: April 04, 2015, 09:01:05 PM »

Enjoying the night with my boyfriend, while at the same time judging people's dresses on facebook.  My prom is being held tonight, and I instead wanted to hang out with my guy.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #594 on: April 04, 2015, 11:12:41 PM »

Jerry has a boyfriend? There goes my backup plan Sad.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #595 on: April 05, 2015, 12:21:33 PM »

For those who notice my absence, my grandmother passed away at 93, and thus I will be driving out tomorrow to attend the burial, which will be in Montana on Tuesday. Sad Cry
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #596 on: April 05, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »

For those who notice my absence, my grandmother passed away at 93, and thus I will be driving out tomorrow to attend the burial, which will be in Montana on Tuesday. Sad Cry

....My condolences.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #597 on: April 05, 2015, 12:59:54 PM »

I'm going on a date this Saturday Smiley First time since the last bf that i go on a date. I think we'll meet at downtown Disney in Anaheim.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #598 on: April 05, 2015, 01:01:15 PM »

....My condolences.

Thank you.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #599 on: April 05, 2015, 05:30:26 PM »

RIP

Not sure if you are religious, but sad it happened on Easter.

Thank you.

Actually, it was on Friday.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies