Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:32:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170504 times)
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: April 07, 2015, 07:45:38 PM »

If you'd rather go to the conference, you should probably go. You wouldn't be an arsehole for calling off work on a day that you had specifically said you wouldn't be available for already. Plus, you have a commitment to your friends as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #626 on: April 07, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

this conference sounds like it's gonna be a non-stop 24/7 gay sex extravaganza, so obviously go to that, jesus.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #627 on: April 07, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »

Oh yes, because it is totally worth hanging your place of employment out to dry in order to attend "Queer Studies Conference - Rainbow Intersectionality: Coming Out at the Crossroads of Identities."

Let's be real here - LeBron is an Atlas gay icon. Queer Studies Conference deserves to have him.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #628 on: April 07, 2015, 08:09:47 PM »

If you'd rather go to the conference, you should probably go. You wouldn't be an arsehole for calling off work on a day that you had specifically said you wouldn't be available for already. Plus, you have a commitment to your friends as well.
All good points. There's also a take-home test we're being assigned on Thursday in one of my classes (which is a class that starts after we're set to leave on Thursday), so I'm hoping I'll be able to catch her at some point before then to see if I can get the test before heading down.

I like your idea Sawx. I just might do that, actually (that does usually work, after all).

this conference sounds like it's gonna be a non-stop 24/7 gay sex extravaganza, so obviously go to that, jesus.
It's only a two night thing, though Ohio University is known for it's crazy furry parties and such. Tongue
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #629 on: April 07, 2015, 08:16:27 PM »

just tell your employer the truth, say you've been registered for this conference for a while, you're part of the club leadership so you're expected to attend, and then guilt trip him a little bit about your gay identity (basically subtly imply that if he gets mad at you he's sort of a homophobe)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #630 on: April 07, 2015, 08:24:36 PM »

I almost died today.

I just returned from the dentists, where they put in a few fillings. One of them (the size of a quarter) came loose and went right down my throat. I choked for a solid minute and felt I was going out like Joan Rivers Tongue. Thankfully my doctor and his nurse were present and tried to dislodge it, but in the end I just swallowed it. I swallowed it, and I might have to get x-rays if I don't pass it in the next four to five days. Ugh.

Thanks Obamacare

Serious, I'm glad you're ok
Thanks!
I almost died today.

I just returned from the dentists, where they put in a few fillings. One of them (the size of a quarter) came loose and went right down my throat. I choked for a solid minute and felt I was going out like Joan Rivers Tongue. Thankfully my doctor and his nurse were present and tried to dislodge it, but in the end I just swallowed it. I swallowed it, and I might have to get x-rays if I don't pass it in the next four to five days. Ugh.

Does that gets you a discount? Do they bill you the fillings they badly installed?
We're going to ask that they cover the x-rays if it comes to that. But the doctor is a longtime friend of my moms and accidents do happen. I'm glad my parents aren't trigger-finger about a lawsuit or something, because I'd oppose such move and put my foot down on it. Worst case scenario, sometime over the summer I have to get it surgically removed. Best case scenario, I pass it tomorrow.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #631 on: April 07, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »

forreal tho feel better but stay the hell away from me when i visit on saturday
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #632 on: April 07, 2015, 08:43:49 PM »

just tell your employer the truth, say you've been registered for this conference for a while, you're part of the club leadership so you're expected to attend, and then guilt trip him a little bit about your gay identity (basically subtly imply that if he gets mad at you he's sort of a homophobe)
My employer's a she, actually. Also, she doesn't know I'm gay (although I'm open to friends and family), and it's for the best that I keep it that way in the workplace until Ohio gets it's act together on workplace discrimination.

But yeah that part can be left out. I think I'll be able to get off work either with the being sick excuse or just telling her the real reason. Thanks.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #633 on: April 08, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »

My employer's a she, actually. Also, she doesn't know I'm gay (although I'm open to friends and family), and it's for the best that I keep it that way in the workplace until Ohio gets it's act together on workplace discrimination.

But yeah that part can be left out. I think I'll be able to get off work either with the being sick excuse or just telling her the real reason. Thanks.
Why would she fire you for being openly gay? Its 2015! Unless she's some old Evangelical shrew I don't think you have much to worry about.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #634 on: April 08, 2015, 10:47:47 PM »

I turned twenty-two today.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #635 on: April 08, 2015, 10:55:32 PM »

Happy birthday! Smiley
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #636 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:30 PM »

Why would she fire you for being openly gay? Its 2015! Unless she's some old Evangelical shrew I don't think you have much to worry about.
Well as you could imagine I have my concerns about telling an old person who controls my employment I'm gay. She might be a super-liberal Democrat for all I know, but it's not really worth it to tell her since I don't have anywhere near the kind of relationship with her that I do with friends, family and co-workers.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #637 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »

Happy Birthday, indeed! I can't believe how young you are judging by your serious breadth of knowledge.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #638 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:32 AM »

The last month has been quite a whirlwind, including a big trip, a ton of work, taxes to file in two countries, ect.  But, though I didn't mention it here, a few weeks ago, one of my older brothers died unexpectedly.  He was really young, only 54.  Do fun, interesting, meaningful and good things with your lives, folks.  Life is rushing toward the finish line, and none of us knows where the finish line will be, so make it good while you have it.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #639 on: April 09, 2015, 04:41:54 AM »

Happy Birthday, indeed! I can't believe how young you are judging by your serious breadth of knowledge.

My thoughts exactly. Happy birthday.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #640 on: April 09, 2015, 12:36:58 PM »

Good news! I passed the ring! It's the size of a quarter. I'm not exaggerating when I say that thing could have killed me.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #641 on: April 09, 2015, 10:57:39 PM »

Got a prom date!  Cheesy

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #642 on: April 09, 2015, 11:05:17 PM »

As did I! Congrats!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #643 on: April 09, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »

You're still in high school? Huh.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #644 on: April 10, 2015, 06:08:32 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #645 on: April 10, 2015, 06:58:27 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

I didn't see it, I mostly skim posts here unless several people reply. Odd habit. That is incredibly sad, though, and I hope you have someone close to keep you sane during this. I cannot imagine what that would be like. I've never lost someone that close, and then, for him only in his fifties.. that is a tragedy. I hope you can find some happiness despite it all somehow.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #646 on: April 10, 2015, 07:51:50 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

I'm very sorry to hear that- must say you buried the lead somewhat. Tragic and you have my condolences.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #647 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:14 PM »

I suck at knowing what to say, and add to that whenever I hear about someone dying around my parents' age it brings up a big fear of mine - I mean to come back to a post or comment soon and have something to say, but too often forget to. I forget in that moment that just saying something however clumsy to acknowledge the person speaking and their loss is the most important thing.

I am sorry for your loss anvi, and I hope you find some peace right now.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #648 on: April 11, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »

I'm currently at Downtown Disney waiting to meet a guy for a first date Smiley
retromike22
United States

« Reply #649 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:33 AM »

Update: Date was a success! We agreed that we found each other very attractive and spent a good length of time discussing historical linguistics! Cheesy

Also, we got around to talking about Halloween, and guess what he honestly dressed as last Halloween?

He was....

a....

cat.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies