Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:24:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170497 times)
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 12, 2015, 04:47:38 AM »

Update: Date was a success! We agreed that we found each other very attractive and spent a good length of time discussing historical linguistics! Cheesy

Are you a historical linguist?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #651 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »

Update: Date was a success! We agreed that we found each other very attractive and spent a good length of time discussing historical linguistics! Cheesy

Are you a historical linguist?

No, I just like reading about it and linguistics happen to be this guy's major.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #652 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »

Its retromike...he was just commenting on how historic the linguine was and his new nerdy bff's kitteh ears perked up 'did you say historical linguistics?' And mike was like 'as long as you like the couch in my basement, I said whatever you want, honey.

Wink

Anyway...congratulations, mike.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #653 on: April 12, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

anvi I swear I did not see it. My heartfelt condolences. 

Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #654 on: April 12, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

Yeah...a lot gets lost in this thread Sad. I'm sorry to hear that...especially as he can't have been very old.  I hope your family and his is hanging in there.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #655 on: April 12, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »

....Taxes by oneself....makes buzzwords like "simplify the tax code" look all very appetizing
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #656 on: April 13, 2015, 10:06:15 PM »

Truth-bomb from the GF, regarding those vocal folks on the internet who would go third-party in 2016 because Hillary is too right-wing:

"Voting with your moral heart is kind of a privileged position."

Of course, we'd both go third-party in event of Cuomo The Horrible– we're not completely without privilege ourselves.  But there are degrees.  Both of privilege, and of horribleness.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #657 on: April 13, 2015, 10:45:08 PM »

Yeah...a lot gets lost in this thread Sad. I'm sorry to hear that...especially as he can't have been very old.  I hope your family and his is hanging in there.

Yes, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Best of luck to you and your family. Sad
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #658 on: April 13, 2015, 11:35:50 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 11:46:51 PM by Sawx, King in the North »

Meanwhile I get a half a page of congratulations because a girl rubbed her ass on my crotch. Stay classy, Atlas.

More importantly, sorry for your loss, Anvi.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #659 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »

Meanwhile I get a half a page of congratulations because a girl rubbed her ass on my crotch. Stay classy, Atlas.

Why do I get the feeling that that 'girl' was a chair...and that you were the only one moving?  Cheesy
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #660 on: April 14, 2015, 12:36:34 AM »

Why do I get the feeling that that 'girl' was a chair...and that you were the only one moving?  Cheesy

The IRC is Shelob's lair.  Dark rumors preside there.

Cincinattus represents Shelob.  It is his lair.

I think we all know who Gollum is.  The regulars.  The servant of Shelob who guides people into her traps.  (Get in!  We're whispering nasty things about the guy who offended us!)

But Gollum only has power in Shelob's lair.  Outside (on the forum itself) he is powerless.

Creepy coincidence:  Attus, the end of cincinattus...is a deprecated genus of what we know as jumping spiders.

But now Sawx runs the place!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #661 on: April 14, 2015, 10:32:57 AM »

Bad day turned into a very good day. 

It started bad because I was having the most epic and incredible sex dream possible, something that reality probably can not itself match, because I don't see myself ever sleeping with this Victoria's Secret model.

This isn't the type of thing you want to wake up from, especially considering how long it went on and how vivid it was.  Sigh. 

But then I finally got a job offer from a good temp position out in Westhampton as an entry-level office administrator.  Some data-entry, some grunt work, etc.  But at $15/hr as a stop-gap until I hear back from all the various government/federal positions I applied for, it was a no-brainer to take it.  Perfect timing, as the last of my unemployment benefits just were deposited into my account. 

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #662 on: April 14, 2015, 03:14:46 PM »

It started bad because I was having the most epic and incredible sex dream possible, something that reality probably can not itself match, because I don't see myself ever sleeping with this Victoria's Secret model.

There isn't a VS model that sees herself ever sleeping with you, so no worries, HawkerDude.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #663 on: April 14, 2015, 03:25:14 PM »

I received an offer to work for Senator Blumenthal but I also applied for Senator Murphy. I have to respond to Blumenthal by Thursday, but I probably won't hear back from Murphy until later than that (I prefer Murphy but Blumenthal is good as well). Should I take Blumenthal, or risk it and hope that I get Murphy?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #664 on: April 14, 2015, 03:48:45 PM »

I received an offer to work for Senator Blumenthal but I also applied for Senator Murphy. I have to respond to Blumenthal by Thursday, but I probably won't hear back from Murphy until later than that (I prefer Murphy but Blumenthal is good as well). Should I take Blumenthal, or risk it and hope that I get Murphy?
Go with Blumenthal. You can still get to meet Murphy and his staff, I'm sure.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #665 on: April 14, 2015, 08:05:31 PM »

There isn't a VS model that sees herself ever sleeping with you, so no worries, HawkerDude.

Ya know, you don't have to reiterate all the the bad things in the world to me, UG.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #666 on: April 15, 2015, 09:55:09 PM »

So are you married yet?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #667 on: April 15, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »

Life is on the upswing for me in 2015, after a disasterous 2014.

1.) I found out that I can graduate a whole semester early since I took so many AP and Dual Credit courses in high school + taking as many classes as I can early on to eliminate all my general education credits, and with a little summer school I can graduate two semesters early and not have a 2017-2018 school year at all, which frees me up to study abroad at Bocconi Unversity in Milan, Italy in the Spring and Summer terms of 2018.

2.) I'm being promoted to full time (40 hours/week) at work, up from the previous 30. Also, we're opening our second store in Schererville on May 1st; it's almost completely set up, just some modest remodeling and the final decorating touches. The new store is sosososososo cool! The plan is to expand into Illinois sometime next year depening on how the new one goes; we're not certain where yet, but they're considering Palos Heights, Tinley Park, Homewood, Hazel Crest, or even into one of Chicago's borderline neighborhoods. Since I'll have worked there for nearly 5 years and completed 4 years of interning, they're floating the idea of hiring me either in the office or as a store manager in 2018 when I come back. Very exciting times Smiley

3.) I'll be in Sweden from May 10th-17th (primarily Stockholm area), and then Italy from the 17th - 27th (we're spending 4 days in Rome, 4 days in Naples & Cilento, then 2 days in Milan). We're doing all the touristy stuff in Rome, then I'm free to explore Naples, Herculaneum, and Cilento, and then in Milan I scheduled an academic advising appointment with Bocconi on the 25th, to talk about my options for studying there (I'll have completed my Bachelors by then) and getting an internship. On the 26th we're getting tickets to Expo 2015 (world's fair! It's food themed! Perfect country for that!) and spending the whole day there, before coming back on the 27th.

...not to brag or anything Tongue

...If you're not going to Siena, Pisa, Florence, Venice or Assisi, then you're getting a bum rap of Italy.

Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2015, 01:59:45 AM »

I'm having a pretty bad night. I can't cry but I really want to.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2015, 09:12:01 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever need to talk, you can talk to me.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #670 on: April 16, 2015, 05:33:33 PM »

I'm sorry to hear that. If you ever need to talk, you can talk to me.

I think I've made my dissatisfaction with the culture in which I'm living very obvious in a lot of my comments on this forum. That feeling is especially pronounced right now.
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #671 on: April 17, 2015, 02:19:48 PM »

I got into the Alpha test of [DATA EXPUNGED]* two days ago, but I'm having problems with my main PC so I have to use my laptop and the fps is crap.

*I'm not allowed to tell which game this is do to a NDA.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #672 on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »

Cool that you got into an alpha, but it's really not very interesting if you don't tell us which game Tongue
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #673 on: April 17, 2015, 02:47:03 PM »

Cool that you got into an alpha, but it's really not very interesting if you don't tell us which game Tongue
I'll give you a hint:

It's a MMO based on some sort of combat vehicle.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #674 on: April 17, 2015, 05:14:29 PM »

Getting ready for the second date Smiley I hope the traffic isn't too bad...
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies