Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:14:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170525 times)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: April 17, 2015, 08:14:01 PM »

So my main PC just had it's power supply take everything with it(except the hard drive) as it shorted out and I have no idea why. Sad So now I'm stuck with my laptop and can barely play anything, which also means I have no chance to do any alpha testing([DATA EXPUNGED] was(finally) downloading on it, too) till I get a new one.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #676 on: April 17, 2015, 11:31:15 PM »

There was some sort of wall collapse tonight at the building where I take art classes. No one knows yet how it happened, but there was a lot of construction recently in an adjacent building so may be related.  No one was there to get hurt, thank God. It's weird I was just there earlier today. The awful part is there are studios there where artists make their living, and a lot of fantastic artwork there so I hope the damage is not overwhelming.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #677 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »

Getting ready for the second date Smiley I hope the traffic isn't too bad...
Lol.  I hope the traffic is jammed no matter how light it is.  Safe sex is important.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #678 on: April 18, 2015, 01:07:06 AM »

Lol.  I hope the traffic is jammed no matter how light it is.  Safe sex is important.

haha as a matter of fact I was on my very best behavior Smiley
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #679 on: April 18, 2015, 12:54:22 PM »

I'm going to New York city from May 23rd to the 27th. Still looking for ideas on what to see.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #680 on: April 18, 2015, 04:23:21 PM »

I'm sitting outside trying to enjoy the weather and some horrid person is smoking an e-cigarette. Yes, I can smell it. It doesn't smell like a conventional cigarette but it smells like something - I just can't quite tell what.

I'm waiting for Harris County to join the civilized world and implement a blanket ban on outdoor smoking.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #681 on: April 18, 2015, 07:34:22 PM »

I'm sitting outside trying to enjoy the weather and some horrid person is smoking an e-cigarette. Yes, I can smell it. It doesn't smell like a conventional cigarette but it smells like something - I just can't quite tell what.

I'm waiting for Harris County to join the civilized world and implement a blanket ban on outdoor smoking.
Sounds like Harris County is a Freedom County!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #682 on: April 18, 2015, 07:41:05 PM »

cringe tbh
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #683 on: April 18, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »

I'm going to New York city from May 23rd to the 27th. Still looking for ideas on what to see.
The statue of Liberty with harbor ferry is a sure bet for awesome pictures.  Visit ground zero too.  Otherwise just get off the beaten path and explore.  See a show.  Research restaurants (you can eat anything you want at any price level)...and meet up and have a pop with Bedstuy, Simfan, Lief, and all the other posters nearby!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #684 on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:18 PM »

cringe tbh
Indeed.  Dont love your freedom so much that you would use government force to push it on others.  Love their freedom too.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #685 on: April 18, 2015, 09:14:33 PM »

I've lost seven kilos (15 pounds) now in two months, and I am happy about that. The last time I did this I didn't measure my progress. I'm glad I decided to track how well I'm doing this time, it's keeping me motivated. I've also come out as seriously questioning my gender to a handful of people (including everyone who reads this I guess) and so far everyone has been, well.. at least not negative. I don't really care, anyway.. assholes will be assholes, at least I'm being honest with myself.

Propylene glycol is usually what is used to give the vapour its smokey appearance in electronic cigarettes. It is the same chemical used in fog machines. And, as anyone who has been in a room with a fog machine running can attest, it does have an slight odour. Flavourings and nicotine itself also have smells, although, of course, they are only slight. If someone spilled nicotine liquid, though, you'd smell it. Stuff is stanky.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #686 on: April 18, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »

Gasoline has a smell, outdoor cooking has a smell, backyard fires have a smell, when your neighbor is using their dryer to do their laundry, that has a smell.

When people start wantonly spraying gasoline everywhere, I'll call for a ban on doing that too.

Outdoor cooking and backyard fires and laundry are all things done in the privacy of one's home. If people want to disperse toxic chemicals through their respiratory system, let them do it at home.

There's no reason for people to have any business smoking in public places.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #687 on: April 18, 2015, 10:00:11 PM »

Gasoline has a smell, outdoor cooking has a smell, backyard fires have a smell, when your neighbor is using their dryer to do their laundry, that has a smell.

When people start wantonly spraying gasoline everywhere, I'll call for a ban on doing that too.

Outdoor cooking and backyard fires and laundry are all things done in the privacy of one's home. If people want to disperse toxic chemicals through their respiratory system, let them do it at home.

There's no reason for people to have any business smoking in public places.
Lol.  And what is Indy Texas driving around but wantonly spraying burnt gas everywhere, offending everyone around?

Be careful what you wish for, wanton smoker.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #688 on: April 20, 2015, 06:27:39 PM »

I just learned that my dream school doesn't offer funding to any of its M.Ed. students. No where on the website did it say that; it instead mentioned that funding is common and asked me on my application if I wished to be considered for financial support. It was my understanding that most universities usually support their graduate students due to the intensity of the work, so I just assumed information about a funding package would be on its way. Nope. The kicker? Had I simply selected the M.A. program track in the same area of study on my application, money would've been made available. I'm so pissed.

So now I have to decide between making the move to the University of British Columbia, which was already going to be a bit daunting to me, or staying at Queen's for my third (!) degree where I'll receive between $5,000 and $10,000 a year. Basically, a better program with hugely expensive tuition and more student debt, or a worse program with tuition almost paid for.

I'm really upset. Never in my life have I ever felt comfortable doing something crazy. Doing the risky, spontaneous, interesting thing. Finally I thought everything was falling in line for me to do something different and move out West, and now this information comes along and makes the decision so much more difficult. I already turned down a lot of money for my undergrad to go to what I thought was the better school. I don't regret it, but there comes a point where financial responsibility starts to be more of a consideration.

Plus, even if I could overlook the money situation, part of me just doesn't want to go to UBC anymore because I can't believe how deceptive they were about funding. Undecided
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #689 on: April 20, 2015, 06:38:41 PM »

Have a B- in chemistry for this quarter, practically giving me a nervous breakdown, but on the flip side the last quarter is basically just an easy final project.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #690 on: April 20, 2015, 06:45:43 PM »

Nominated for prom court! Cheesy 

This has been a good week.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #691 on: April 20, 2015, 08:51:57 PM »

haha as a matter of fact I was on my very best behavior Smiley

Well maybe I was a bit too well behaved. The date was going very well, until he took a condom out of his pocket while we were at the park. I politely declined, since I'm looking to gradually develop a relationship with someone, not to have sex at a public park on the second date. The rest of the evening was quieter than before. Last night the guy texted me that he would not want to continue talking because our personalities are too different Sad I can see that though, since he is much more feminine than me.  I was pretty sad for about an hour, cried for maybe five minutes, freshened up, brought back the stiff upper lip, and proceeded to work on some homework.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #692 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:56 AM »

Worst 4/20 ever.  the police.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2015, 08:43:52 AM »

I have been taking my Project Management online grad courses for the past couple of weeks. It's pretty easy, not in content as the readings are boring bullsh**t, but the format of online grad school is made for us Atlasians. It's basically an internet forum where we make (cited) threads and replies.

Perhaps the Atlas should found our own University.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »

I have been taking my Project Management online grad courses for the past couple of weeks. It's pretty easy, not in content as the readings are boring bullsh**t, but the format of online grad school is made for us Atlasians. It's basically an internet forum where we make (cited) threads and replies.

Perhaps the Atlas should found our own University.

The Atlas University of Cartography and Political Demographics
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2015, 09:02:57 AM »

Well, I've often said I learned more here than I did for school during undergrad. Unfortunately this place has never seemed résumé-appropriate... Sad
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2015, 09:48:07 AM »

That's a shame.  Did they give you an earful of life advice like the pig so often likes to do? 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2015, 04:26:31 PM »

I saw a guy at school today who looked EXACTLY like infamous arkansas senator tim cotton.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2015, 04:43:30 PM »

I'm seeing Bob Dylan in a few hours. It would be my second Dylan concert.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2015, 06:34:50 PM »

So with this school year wrapping up, a lot is already shaking up in the leadership structure of Lambda GSA for the upcoming school year.

Several members of Lambda GSA are graduating this year (including the current incumbent President), and whoever takes over next will be overseeing some big stuff like introducing the new T-Shirts at the start of next semester, representing the group at other campuses/conferences and bake sales, conducting Safe Zone training's, overseeing 2016 primary endorsements, and working on club activities.

I still have one more year to go in community college in which case since I've been with the group for two years now and all the relationships I've formed with other members, I am potentially the front-runner to be the next President or Vice President of my campus Lambda GSA come election time this September.

My best friend in the group (the guy I like) is thinking about running for Secretary meanwhile, so it's very likely that by the end of this, the (hopefully) soon to be couple will control half of the executive board. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies