Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:25:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170586 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: April 22, 2015, 01:18:36 PM »

Saw Dylan again last night. I thought of TNF when he played Workingman's Blues.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #701 on: April 23, 2015, 05:57:30 PM »

Good evening, Whinge Bingers!

I start the job tomorrow at 08:00, the 24th day of April this year of our lord 2015, officially my 29th year on this Earth.  It's not in the field of political science, and THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.  It's a good job and it'll pay the bills and I'm truly grateful for the fruits levied upon me by my savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I called up Mom and we are going to go to Wal-Mart in Willingboro tomorrow to pick out some new khaki slacks.  Tonight, I had pizza for dinner.  (Dad gummit!)  But it's a celebration of the job so it's perfectly fine.  I'll go back to tuna salad tomorrow.  Tonight it's Washington Capitals Hockey Club vs. New York (Long Island) Islanders Icesticks Team on National Broadcasting Company Sports Network at 19:00, followed by Chicago Injuns Savages Red Men Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators Puck Men at 21:00!  I'll go to bed around 23:00 and awake at 06:30 for Work Day #1!  I'm so blessed.  The most important thing for every single person on the face of the Earth is thanking their Jesus before bed. 
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #702 on: April 25, 2015, 01:53:59 AM »

Some friends from out of town are visiting for the weekend, but they sort of just invited themselves and assumed I'd be free. They never asked if I'd be around to entertain them, despite the fact that they're really only coming to see me and another friend.

The thing is, it's actually a pretty busy weekend and I've got a lot of work I should be doing. Except now I feel forced to spend time with them. It's nice to see people I haven't see in a while, but it's also a bit of a bummer. I wish they'd just asked first... because as it stands, their weekend might not be what they had in mind. And I don't want to be blamed for that.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2015, 02:04:58 AM »

Some friends from out of town are visiting for the weekend, but they sort of just invited themselves and assumed I'd be free. They never asked if I'd be around to entertain them, despite the fact that they're really only coming to see me and another friend.

The thing is, it's actually a pretty busy weekend and I've got a lot of work I should be doing. Except now I feel forced to spend time with them. It's nice to see people I haven't see in a while, but it's also a bit of a bummer. I wish they'd just asked first... because as it stands, their weekend might not be what they had in mind. And I don't want to be blamed for that.

Just say: "I'll be busy, you should have let me know ahead of time."

That's what I do.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #704 on: April 25, 2015, 06:17:02 AM »

I start the job tomorrow at 08:00, the 24th day of April this year of our lord 2015, officially my 29th year on this Earth.  It's not in the field of political science, and THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.  It's a good job and it'll pay the bills and I'm truly grateful for the fruits levied upon me by my savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.  I called up Mom and we are going to go to Wal-Mart in Willingboro tomorrow to pick out some new khaki slacks.  Tonight, I had pizza for dinner.  (Dad gummit!)  But it's a celebration of the job so it's perfectly fine.  I'll go back to tuna salad tomorrow.  Tonight it's Washington Capitals Hockey Club vs. New York (Long Island) Islanders Icesticks Team on National Broadcasting Company Sports Network at 19:00, followed by Chicago Injuns Savages Red Men Blackhawks vs. Nashville Predators Puck Men at 21:00!  I'll go to bed around 23:00 and awake at 06:30 for Work Day #1!  I'm so blessed.  The most important thing for every single person on the face of the Earth is thanking their Jesus before bed. 

Ah Willingboro. You might consider reading Herbert Gans' (Yale sociologist) seminal book on the place -Levittown (the city later changed its name, because "Levittown" seemed too down market). He moved in for a year when the subdivision tracts first opened up, and studied the habits of the natives. It was in the 1950's. Speaking of pizza, one thing he noted was that many who moved in had never lived in a heterogeneous community before, and thus the Italians in the hood introduced the WASPS and Jews to the pizza cuisine. They had never consumed one before. Yes, it was a long, long time ago. Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #705 on: April 25, 2015, 08:45:01 AM »

I dreamt of eating pizza last night, in the Village, then I walked down a pedestrian road (obviously nonexistent) to another one and ate some more pepperoni pizza.

Now I want pizza.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #706 on: April 25, 2015, 09:17:42 AM »

Ah Willingboro. You might consider reading Herbert Gans' (Yale sociologist) seminal book on the place -Levittown (the city later changed its name, because "Levittown" seemed too down market). He moved in for a year when the subdivision tracts first opened up, and studied the habits of the natives. It was in the 1950's. Speaking of pizza, one thing he noted was that many who moved in had never lived in a heterogeneous community before, and thus the Italians in the hood introduced the WASPS and Jews to the pizza cuisine. They had never consumed one before. Yes, it was a long, long time ago. Smiley

And when they changed their name, Mr. Levitt had a snit fit and refused to donate any more schools!

Combine that with his policy of not selling to blacks, and you have a real charmer.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #707 on: April 26, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »

And when they changed their name, Mr. Levitt had a snit fit and refused to donate any more schools!

Combine that with his policy of not selling to blacks, and you have a real charmer.

Gans didn't mention the racial policy, which presumably was in place when he was there.
Maybe it was kept camouflaged at the time.  Interesting.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #708 on: April 27, 2015, 01:21:32 PM »

I wrote a brutally sarcastic essay for my English class for the Sister Cities Essay Contest that I was forced to participate in, and sure enough I won Tongue. Now I get a check for $150 and have to attend a function with my teacher. Ugh.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #709 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »

I wrote a brutally sarcastic essay for my English class for the Sister Cities Essay Contest that I was forced to participate in, and sure enough I won Tongue. Now I get a check for $150 and have to attend a function with my teacher. Ugh.
  congrats!
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #710 on: April 27, 2015, 02:43:25 PM »

I might have to skip class because people are being creepy.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #711 on: April 28, 2015, 11:07:37 AM »

got a 96 on the MPRE, which is 11 more points that I needed to pass!

guess who is officially a National Council of Bar Examiners certified master of ethical lawyering <<<this guy
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #712 on: April 28, 2015, 11:55:41 AM »

guess who is officially a National Council of Bar Examiners certified master of ethical lawyering <<<this guy
Congratulations Cheesy. This doesn't surprise at all though, you have always seemed to be really intelligent.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #713 on: April 28, 2015, 05:40:53 PM »

Do you plan on introducing an Atlas-inspired FF/HP rubric to the world of ethics?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #714 on: April 28, 2015, 05:55:04 PM »

I got about the same score for the test I took last November, for the same NY Bar. Both our ethics understanding level is well - mediocre. Tongue
retromike22
United States

« Reply #715 on: April 28, 2015, 06:06:48 PM »

I'm giving a presentation tonight in my ethics class on government secrecy. Yay?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #716 on: April 28, 2015, 10:49:02 PM »

I'm giving a presentation tonight in my ethics class on government secrecy. Yay?

Disregarding even the inclusion of "secrecy", aren't those two words in bold contradictory by nature?

Government is inherently unethical?
retromike22
United States

« Reply #717 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:50 PM »

Disregarding even the inclusion of "secrecy", aren't those two words in bold contradictory by nature?

Government is inherently unethical?

I was being partially facetious, but, sure, in concept, it's fine, but the second it hits humanity, it would seem only natural that things spiral into the darkness.

lol oh I see what you're saying. The class is basically: "When you're a government worker or leader, this is how to prevent things from spiraling into the darkness." But we're also learning about the three-way relationship between morality, legality, and ethics. For my specific presentation, I used the Pentagon Papers, the PRISM program, and Operation Neptune Spear as contrasting case studies. Afterward I led a class discussion on the morality of keeping secrets, the legality of whistle-blowing, and a few other things. It was pretty fun. The professor said I did a good job, so I'm relieved since it's my second to last presentation of my college career Smiley
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #718 on: May 02, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »

One of the questions on my nonsense class final today was What Does CAD(D) stand for. This was not covered in said class. Thank you Update.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #719 on: May 02, 2015, 11:49:14 PM »

72 hours is peak, and it gradually subsides. Once you go through with it, though, I'd never touch the stuff again, not even a little. Withdrawal is annoying enough once.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #720 on: May 03, 2015, 06:06:53 PM »

So, I went for another run, like usual. I clocked in on the scale today, and was pretty happy to see with where I am at. I still have a few pounds left to lose, but I'm getting close.  Life is good.
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #721 on: May 06, 2015, 04:34:45 AM »

Running people: what sort of shoes do you recommend? I want to be less..  people. And the stationary bike is taking too long.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #722 on: May 06, 2015, 08:35:01 AM »

So, I went for another run, like usual. I clocked in on the scale today, and was pretty happy to see with where I am at. I still have a few pounds left to lose, but I'm getting close.  Life is good.

Does this mean I can't call you BIG Daddy anymore?  Cry
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: May 08, 2015, 01:23:09 PM »

So I just finished High School.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #724 on: May 08, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »

It's all uphill from now on! Unless you get into drugs or have children.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies