Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:26:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169500 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #900 on: July 17, 2015, 03:41:26 AM »

I'm coming in here with a big family problem I don't want to talk about. Don't know what I expect, but I needed to say something. Send warm feels. I need 'em. Sad

Whatever the problem, wish you best.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #901 on: July 17, 2015, 08:52:58 AM »

The worst thing about not being with someone is having no one to sleep with and spoon. Sad

update - I may have found a replacement, about to go on date 3. Smiley
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #902 on: July 20, 2015, 10:06:54 AM »

If anyone's in DC this week and uses PredictIt, there's a trader appreciation night on Thursday that I'm speaking at (I'm the number 1 ROI trader so they invited me). It should be fun Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #903 on: July 22, 2015, 05:38:20 PM »

Did my once every couple of months trip to the metal broker this morning with several months worth of aluminum cans. (I've got the space to store them until I have a carful.)  Price was down considerably tho.  I got 55¢/lb last time and only 35¢/lb. Hardly worth the effort, except the amount of effort is practically nil. The only real cost is space.  If I feel the lack of space when I move soon, I'll stop worrying about scrounging a few extra cents.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #904 on: July 22, 2015, 06:32:02 PM »

I met former Senator George LeMieux today.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #905 on: July 23, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

I call the internal medicine clinic at a hospital I go to for psych care because I need a primary care physician.
I say I have "point of service" coverage.  The person has never heard this term before.
They say before they can put me into the system (at the same hospital) they need to make sure they are part of the insurance network.  The fact that my insurance covers care in a different department at the same hospital is apparently not enough, and that I need to call my insurance to make sure.

I call my insurance, eventually navigate to an actual person. This person can't find the hospital in their list, and so asks for the number.  I give him the number I just called, he calls there, and then tells me the hospital said they accept the insurance.

lol wtf? 

thankfully the person I spoke to when I called the hospital back was reasonably competent and quickly found my info on the system.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #906 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:08 AM »

The worst thing about not being with someone is having no one to sleep with and spoon. Sad

update - I may have found a replacement, about to go on date 3. Smiley

update - we almost ed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #907 on: July 25, 2015, 04:21:23 PM »

Just found out that one of my volunteers fINKSed me over big time today and stole fifty doors from me that I'd have otherwise gotten credit for.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #908 on: July 25, 2015, 05:36:34 PM »

Just found out that one of my volunteers fINKSed me over big time today and stole fifty doors from me that I'd have otherwise gotten credit for.

That sucks, what campaign/work is this for?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #909 on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2015, 12:53:15 PM by Clarko95 »

So last Sunday my parents were out of town and I was home alone. I went upstairs to the guest room to put away my winter blankets, find a new pillow, and then look for gift bags to put my mom's birthday presents in, and put a blanket that was on the bed on the floor, but I didn't put it back.

Today, they accused me of secretly inviting someone over and having sex in the guest room because of this.

So that's how my day is going today.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #910 on: July 27, 2015, 09:38:06 AM »

Someone or some guy? Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #911 on: July 27, 2015, 02:20:00 PM »

I'm taking another bar exam tomorrow. This time, it's NC. I don't know why I decided to do this in all honesty. I haven't studied much for the MBE this time around, and the NC essays seem much easier than the 3 days of hell I endured in SC last summer. The only weird parts are that NC tests on Professional Responsibility, why, I don't know, I already had to pass the MPRE, and suretyship and ignores Commercial Paper and Insurance law.

I don't know if I am too relaxed for this one or what, but most of my law school brethren tell me NC and especially Georgia are much easier than SC's bar, because SC doesn't want outsiders coming into their legal community.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #912 on: July 27, 2015, 04:55:44 PM »

Housing, housing, housing.  My mom's old house is finally getting sold, which means her estate can be closed. Coincidentally, pending the results of the inspection, I'll soon be the owner of mine own house and get to have the fun of running my intended landscaping projects by the HOA's Architectural Control Council.  The HOA covenant was full of all sorts of general purpose boilerplate that had nothing to do with the community I'm moving into. That's a shame as I was looking forward to the beach and the lake that were mentioned. 😇
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #913 on: July 28, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »

I haven't ever used this, but I think this is as good of an entry to post about as any so here goes:

I have no idea how it happened or where it happened exactly, but I lost my wallet. So yeah, I'm spending a screwy amount of time fixing up all these cards that were in it. [luckily not a single credit card, that's just not a can worms I feel like opening yet].

And I have three weeks to make sure everything returns....
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #914 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:10 PM »

My recollection was that the math portion was easier than the SAT and had something like a 10% or more rate of people getting literally every question right, whereas the verbal portion was chock-full of obscure $10 words that even very literate people may have never heard of, and thus a perfect result was basically completely impossible.

And I saw this as someone who isn't really a math person at all.

The disconnect between the treatment of the two halves was striking, to say the least.

I've been studying and, yes, the verbal portion seems to be filled with words I have never before heard in my life. Meanwhile the quant section is at most high-school level stuff. Very bizarre.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #915 on: July 28, 2015, 02:52:40 PM »

Also, Cathcon, I heard about you and your itch, what happened to the Catholic part? Sad
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #916 on: July 28, 2015, 03:10:35 PM »

I was almost assaulted by a weedwacker wielding maniac while trying to drop off a door hanger at his house. I literally came within three feet away from getting my face hit (and probably cut open) by the device while the man screamed at me to "stay the  away from my house." The man proceeded to pull out his camera and film us, and then had the gall to flip me off while I walked away. I remember his name and house so to avoid it in the future. Had I been actually injured, I'd have called the police, but with the Washington Post covering our office today, I figured it was best to avoid any drama and let it go.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #917 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »

I was almost assaulted by a weedwacker wielding maniac while trying to drop off a door hanger at his house. I literally came within three feet away from getting my face hit (and probably cut open) by the device while the man screamed at me to "stay the  away from my house." The man proceeded to pull out his camera and film us, and then had the gall to flip me off while I walked away. I remember his name and house so to avoid it in the future. Had I been actually injured, I'd have called the police, but with the Washington Post covering our office today, I figured it was best to avoid any drama and let it go.

are they giving you combat pay?
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #918 on: August 06, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »

Forced outage at the power plant. Not happy. This means I have to work the whole weekend, meaning, I will be working 12 days straight. Not happy at all. The money will be nice (time and a half on Saturday, double time Sunday) and I work the night shift both nights, so I get to sleep in, but I'd rather not have one. This means I will be super busy running around all over the plant sweating like a pig.

I only wish it was Friday the 14th at 3 pm...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #919 on: August 10, 2015, 11:47:17 AM »

Looks like I'll be interning for the Michigan Republican Party in the fall.
Awesome!
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #920 on: August 10, 2015, 01:02:34 PM »

I'll be taking a trip to Des Moines in a few days.

Also, this fall, it looks like I'll be working at a local repository containing archives, a library, and a museum.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #921 on: August 18, 2015, 09:48:29 AM »

So, I just moved to Vancouver for school. The avatar change is jarring, but it is what it is. I'm already loving the city.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #922 on: August 18, 2015, 09:52:34 AM »

So, I just moved to Vancouver for school. The avatar change is jarring, but it is what it is. I'm already loving the city.
I'm actually moving to Tallahassee the day after tomorrow for the same reason.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #923 on: August 18, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »

I'm actually moving to Tallahassee the day after tomorrow for the same reason.

Boston the day after tomorrow for me. (I technically started grad school last year but had to go on medical leave.)
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #924 on: August 18, 2015, 12:42:35 PM »

Exciting times! Best of luck, guys and gals. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length