Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:28:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170787 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: September 09, 2015, 10:01:38 AM »

Why is there a woman in my apartment?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1001 on: September 09, 2015, 10:05:34 AM »

Why is there a woman in my apartment?

Wait, I thought I was hearing things... but there actually was.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1002 on: September 09, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »

Maybe you had sex with her?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1003 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »

Seems like the most plausible explanation.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1004 on: September 09, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

Fanciful thinking, I'm afraid! (My dad only jokingly suggested I drink a beer to cool off!)

I have a friend staying with me for a few weeks, so it turns out he met up with one of his friends before heading up to Boston this morning-- but I never heard anyone come in so was confused as I heard him apparently having a conversation with this woman. I was actually mostly joking when I first posted that (I thought he might be on the phone or something), but thankfully I took it seriously enough to change into some decent clothes before finally taking a look.

Unfortunately I then had to hike uphill ten blocks to class in 90-degree heat, only to find the room had apparently been changed to a building 8 blocks in the other direction, so my decent clothes were drenched in icky sweat by the time I got to class. Sad  Even more unfortunately for me my apartment has no air-conditioning whatsoever, so I can't even go back there to relax. Back to living in the library for me...
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1005 on: September 10, 2015, 03:05:27 PM »

Today was the first day of my new job at the library, which involves a computer and lots of listening to old vinyl records. 
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1006 on: September 10, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »

Today was the first day of my new job at the library, which involves a computer and lots of listening to old vinyl records. 
Sounds amazing.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1007 on: September 10, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »

Simfan, it's not weird to date one of your friends.  That's what a girlfriend is, a friend with whom you have mutual sexual attraction.  Right?  It's really kind of normal.  And, you don't lose the ability to be friends with someone who doesn't want to have sex with you. 

You're being weird about it.  "Predatory" "cannibalisation (sic)," that's weird.  Stop that.  If you're going to view sexual relationships as something dirty and wrong, that's not to work very well.  Stop being so dramatic about it and play the field.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1008 on: September 11, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »

I have kind of an understanding with this girl I like; she likes me too, but we're not 'together' (yet) because we want to see if our feelings will stay (or, since they'll inevitably cool and change since that's what feelings do, if we'll still want to commit to each other regardless then). I'm happy with the situation, although a little nervous about the future, especially if our feelings don't cool and change in the same direction or at the same time.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1009 on: September 11, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »

I have kind of an understanding with this girl I like; she likes me too, but we're not 'together' (yet) because we want to see if our feelings will stay (or, since they'll inevitably cool and change since that's what feelings do, if we'll still want to commit to each other regardless then). I'm happy with the situation, although a little nervous about the future, especially if our feelings don't cool and change in the same direction or at the same time.

The only person I really like at my school is sixteen, which, believe it or not, is way too old.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1010 on: September 11, 2015, 11:35:21 PM »

Please pray for my new friend Alex. I just literally talked him down from jumping off the fifth floor of my building. He needs all the support he can get. God is alive tonight and he put me there for a reason, but I still fear this guy might do something stupid soon, so I implore you for your prayers.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1011 on: September 11, 2015, 11:41:08 PM »

So are you guys going on dates and doing fun things together at least? Because sitting on your feelings and doing nothing will probably yield an end result of, well... nothing. Although you may not be officially together, I hope you'll both operate as if that's something you'd be exciting to work towards. Now's the time to have fun! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1012 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »

Please pray for my new friend Alex. I just literally talked him down from jumping off the fifth floor of my building. He needs all the support he can get. God is alive tonight and he put me there for a reason, but I still fear this guy might do something stupid soon, so I implore you for your prayers.

I'm extremely sorry to hear that; I do hope things work out alright.

I would recommend trying to spend as much time with him as possible, as one of the best ways to brighten someone's day (or life as a whole) is to show them that there are people who care for them. Generally, spending time with other people fosters a great improvement in one's mood over spending time alone.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1013 on: September 11, 2015, 11:44:54 PM »

I would recommend trying to spend as much time with him as possible, as one of the best ways to brighten someone's day (or life as a whole) is to show them that there are people who care for them. Generally, spending time with other people fosters a great improvement in one's mood over spending time alone.
Yeah, I just texted him. He left his phone at his girlfriends place (who just left him for a gay man, according to him. He seemed pretty messed up and I've been drunk since 4:00 PM) so I won't be hearing from him for a while, but still, I'll try and follow up on him.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1014 on: September 11, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »

Yeah, I just texted him. He left his phone at his girlfriends place (who just left him for a gay man, according to him. He seemed pretty messed up and I've been drunk since 4:00 PM) so I won't be hearing from him for a while, but still, I'll try and follow up on him.

The best course of action would probably be to actually be with him in person, as doing so would let you (a) make sure he doesn't do anything like that again and (b) be able to actually talk to him face-to-face, which is often more effective than communicating digitally.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1015 on: September 11, 2015, 11:49:33 PM »

Very sensible!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1016 on: September 11, 2015, 11:51:40 PM »

So are you guys going on dates and doing fun things together at least? Because sitting on your feelings and doing nothing will probably yield an end result of, well... nothing. Although you may not be officially together, I hope you'll both operate as if that's something you'd be exciting to work towards. Now's the time to have fun! Smiley

'Dates' no, fun things together yes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1017 on: September 11, 2015, 11:56:21 PM »

The best course of action would probably be to actually be with him in person, as doing so would let you (a) make sure he doesn't do anything like that again and (b) be able to actually talk to him face-to-face, which is often more effective than communicating digitally.
When he texts me back, I will, because until then I won't know if he has his phone. But I certainly plan on meeting up with him. Besides the obvious stuff tonight, it turns out we have a lot in common, so there are multiple reasons why this happened tonight. In the meantime, all we can do is pray.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1018 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:28 AM »

sure thing.

If you can I'd suggest you encourage him to check himself into a hospital/mental health facility.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1019 on: September 12, 2015, 12:18:55 AM »

I will pray.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1020 on: September 12, 2015, 12:24:34 AM »

sure thing.

If you can I'd suggest you encourage him to check himself into a hospital/mental health facility.
It won't be until at least tomorrow, but if he is in the same shape, then yes, I will advise him to do that.  Should I have called 911 tonight, or did I handle things alright? I'm feeling calmer now, but I still worry.

Thank you. By the way, I have been reading your posts here but haven't found the right things to say, other than the fact that you should basically follow Bedstuy's advice and take a few risks with friends. You never know unless you try.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1021 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:29 AM »

Is anyone going to the Bernie rally on Sunday in Greensboro?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1022 on: September 13, 2015, 12:58:14 AM »

I'm really sorry for your friend, Sanchez. It's great that he has friends like you he can rely on in times like these.

Madeleine, I wish you all the best with this person, and I'm confident you know what's best for both of you.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1023 on: September 13, 2015, 01:15:35 AM »

My long ammonia nightmare is nearing an end. I recently bought a house, but the previous owner was a smoker. The walls are in reasonably good shape otherwise, with nice wallpaper in some rooms underneath the nicotine stains, so I've been washing the walls. Three buckets and two sponges make for an interesting combo. (Two small ones for the ammonia water and the water to rinse that sponge and a large bucket of warm water for a second sponge to go back and rinse the ammonia residue off.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1024 on: September 13, 2015, 01:22:36 AM »

RIP the great Sanchez bender of 9/11/2015-9/13/2015. You were a fun weekend Tongue.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies