Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:48:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169493 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1200 on: November 18, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »

Oh hey. What up
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1201 on: November 18, 2015, 10:21:02 PM »

fezzy!!

long time no see! how have you been?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1202 on: November 19, 2015, 04:50:25 PM »

Cheesy
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1203 on: November 19, 2015, 07:41:49 PM »

I've stopped watching Fox News for my daily news and I'm completely switching to The Blaze
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1204 on: November 19, 2015, 08:50:12 PM »

I've stopped watching Fox News for my daily news and I'm completely switching to The Blaze
Neither outlets are "news." Fox and the Blaze are just as biased as MSNBC, even if they happen to be on the right side of the issues for the most part. I advise that you take in a variety of sources, including openly biased networks like MSNBC, and form your own opinions. Your views won't necessarily change, but you will be more well rounded on whatever subject you discuss.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1205 on: November 19, 2015, 10:04:25 PM »

Neither outlets are "news." Fox and the Blaze are just as biased as MSNBC, even if they happen to be on the right side of the issues for the most part. I advise that you take in a variety of sources, including openly biased networks like MSNBC, and form your own opinions. Your views won't necessarily change, but you will be more well rounded on whatever subject you discuss.
Good advice I've watched MSNBC a few times my favorite of which was they're denial that Walker won the recall the other was listening to Rachael Maddow and yelling at the TV screen. But all in all I've watched most cable news networks that I Recieve but I don't think I've listened to NPR or watched PBS news or documentaries. But the Blaze TV is my normal news source especially most of their good recent documentaries about ISIL and the Kurds that was fascinating and the one they aired tonight about Judiasm in the Netherlands and how it's hard to be a practice Jew there.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1206 on: November 22, 2015, 12:29:33 PM »

Ottawa is a terrible city and Canada is a bleak country. I wish I was back in Colombia.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1207 on: November 24, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »

Had a lovely chat with some Mormons.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1208 on: November 24, 2015, 03:14:13 PM »

I just learned that my grade of 45 people will see a private showing of Star Wars the Force Awakens on it's opening day.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1209 on: November 24, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »

I just learned that my grade of 45 people will see a private showing of Star Wars the Force Awakens on it's opening day.

How expensive is the school that you go to?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1210 on: November 24, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

READY TO TRUMP
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1211 on: November 24, 2015, 05:07:07 PM »

$27,000
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1212 on: November 24, 2015, 05:15:51 PM »

It is way too damn cold.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1213 on: November 24, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »

Completely agree
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #1214 on: November 24, 2015, 06:13:48 PM »

I'm 22 and I still haven't "found" myself and don't know what I want to do. When I look towards the future my aspiration seems to be "successful" but what does that mean? I flunked out of a very difficult chemistry class I was taking for my environmental science major, and my grade in the horrible mandatory student success course has dropped from a B (when the class ended) to an F (WTF?). 

I used to think I was very smart but the past few years have proven completely that I am closer to average intelligence, although I'm still confident that I am at least average if not above average and not below average.

Fiscally we're not so hot. We need to sell this house and move to a lower cost one to avoid needing government assistance. This is with three jobs (well two jobs and my new job) and with me refusing to take a full course load out of paranoia of debt.

Politically I can't make heads or tails of myself. I have no political ideology, I just have a collection of opinions, biases, and paranoia. Maybe this is a good thing? Also I think I've gone so long without trusting any primary media sources that I have become uninformed about some recent issues.

Also I lost my earbuds and can't find them anywhere. Angry

I can tolerate the cold fairly well, but I can tell that winter is coming.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1215 on: November 24, 2015, 10:17:51 PM »

Just got back to Boynton for the first time since I moved to Tally, only to find that my autistic brother has been watching his movies on the typical Chinese video sites, leaving my computer wracked with viruses (as is my parents computer). It's going to be a long, long night.

Also, I checked my Tinder and realized that half of my high school is on there. Good Lord, I immediately disabled it from showing me so nobody knows I have one Tongue.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1216 on: November 24, 2015, 10:25:33 PM »

Just got back to Boynton for the first time since I moved to Tally, only to find that my autistic brother has been watching his movies on the typical Chinese video sites, leaving my computer wracked with viruses (as is my parents computer). It's going to be a long, long night.

Also, I checked my Tinder and realized that half of my high school is on there. Good Lord, I immediately disabled it from showing me so nobody knows I have one Tongue.

Eff that, bro. You've taken a picture with Rog Stone and shaken hands with the Donald. Stock just jumped like 600%.
The Roger Stone pic is actually among the three I selected. What the hell did you think that dumbass picture with me and the puppy I uploaded to Facebook at 3:00 AM was for? Tongue
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #1217 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »

Fun Fact: In Italian, the word for a chronically late person is "ritardatario"

Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1218 on: December 01, 2015, 05:25:23 PM »

$27,000

What in the name of God...?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1219 on: December 01, 2015, 06:24:21 PM »

I went to a private school for High School. It certainly was expensive at about 7K per year, but $27,000 per year is just...wow. There is only one school in the area I was from that was close to that.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1220 on: December 01, 2015, 06:29:39 PM »

Despicable.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »

Classic Conservative's parents will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1222 on: December 01, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »

I went to a private school for High School. It certainly was expensive at about 7K per year, but $27,000 per year is just...wow. There is only one school in the area I was from that was close to that.
Most of my areas private high schools range from 11,000 to 60,000. There's a local preschool that one of my moms friend sends her daughter to which is 35,000 but her dad is a CEO of this global company.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1223 on: December 02, 2015, 12:13:58 AM »

To be fair, I know a great many people who went to top-flight private schools in NY and  boarding schools in the Northeast, which all seem to have fixed annual tuition at $50,000 (and this is what you'd be paying for twelve years, remember, not just four!), but given Classic Conservative's self-admitted intellectual narrow-mindedness ("I'm only going to get my news from The Blaze from now on!"), I do not think his parents are getting their money's worth.

I'm so much shocked by the sticker price as I am by what it's apparently bought. I'd at least have thought it would have been enough to impart a knowledge of proper punctuation. It's also not something I'd have chosen to share, had it been me.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1224 on: December 02, 2015, 12:35:52 AM »

Is anyone actually surprised? From my vast experience in dealing with people who went to private high school (no offense to anyone who did), they not only appear much less intelligent on the aggregate, but they are very narrow minded (and look how narrow minded I am! For me to say that...) and in college tend to expect the professors to cater to them directly, almost expecting grading scales to be changed for them with no success ("how can you help me out?")!! Many are very identifiable. Some of that is a sort of selective memory bias in that I observe these traits in only a few people who all happen to have gone to private school while I know a large portion of private schoolers, but all-in-all, it should be quite obvious the public education is doing a much better job (caveat for severely disadvantaged communities of course but I think we all know what comparisons I'm drawing).

I'll even call out my own kind - Catholic high schools are a lot of the blame for certain teaching styles they specifically push (though it is improving recently).

Hope I didn't offend anyone too badly. If you're posting on Atlas, I highly doubt you're part of the group I'm defining.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 ... 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies