Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:50:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 169532 times)
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: January 25, 2016, 12:08:11 PM »

Well, my political career in Hudson (have you all heard of Hudson?) has formally commenced. I have been appointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals. I emailed the new Mayor's aide expressing my interest, and 30 minutes later got a call from the Mayor appointing me. That was quick! Smiley

The Public Official's Liability Insurance policy will be humming now with all the "declined" requests for variances.   Life is good, eh?  Smiley
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1451 on: January 25, 2016, 12:19:40 PM »

Well, my political career in Hudson (have you all heard of Hudson?) has formally commenced. I have been appointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals. I emailed the new Mayor's aide expressing my interest, and 30 minutes later got a call from the Mayor appointing me. That was quick! Smiley

The Public Official's Liability Insurance policy will be humming now with all the "declined" requests for variances.   Life is good, eh?  Smiley

It is an interesting job, because the zoning code has nothing to do with what is on the ground, and thus offers no reasonable benchmark for what is a reasonable "variance" therefrom. So basically in general (with the exception of the parking requirements which in the zoning code do tend to match what is one the ground), the correct approach is just to throw the zoning code in the trash, and examine what is on the ground in the area, and decide if what is requested reasonably "fits" in with that. The ZBA currently does not fully understand that, but they will. Smiley

Obviously the zoning code needs to totally rewritten, and that is on my "to do" list. My list of "to do" items in Hudson is rather long. I'm everywhere! Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1452 on: January 27, 2016, 12:11:25 PM »

All within the last 24 hours, I interview for and got a job in Mexico for the next five months and now I'm leaving this dump of a city in less than 48 hours! So great! Looking forward to HIGH-ENERGY Latin America.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1453 on: January 28, 2016, 12:21:03 AM »

I'm beginning to reconsider presenting myself as transgender/a woman, primarily for religious reasons.

I guessed you would. It's been apparent from some of your postings. You have the opportunity to expand on that of course but for the moment it's closeting yourself and denying your self for the sake of a particular religious view point. It soinds similar to 'ex-gay' nonsense and is deeply sad.

I'd actually agree with afleitch on this one if you can avoid it. I misinterpreted your post as that you were going to start presenting yourself that way again as if you had stopped. I truly hope you don't let go of your true identity so soon for something seemingly silly, as important as religious reasons may be to you in particular. I want to believe they can coexist in any circumstance, but I obviously don't know how hard it is without the experience.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1454 on: January 28, 2016, 12:24:45 AM »

For the record, I deleted my post as I felt it more appropriate to ask her personally. The last dozen posts (abortion, quoting prayer) are somewhat out of character.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1455 on: January 28, 2016, 12:44:16 AM »

I have been appointed to the Zoning Board of Appeals. I emailed the new Mayor's aide expressing my interest, and 30 minutes later got a call from the Mayor appointing me. That was quick! Smiley

You emailed to ask for the job and they immediately appointed you?  Good to know that the selection process is as rigorous as the Atlas forum moderator selection process.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1456 on: January 28, 2016, 01:21:05 PM »

I now have a job helping special needs students at the university I went to.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1457 on: January 28, 2016, 08:53:36 PM »

I also have a job again Grin Getting paid very nicely, so I'm happy.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #1458 on: January 29, 2016, 02:47:21 PM »

My depression isn't as bad as it has been, but it's still there.  Fortunately it's mostly stable.  It always helps to get out and do things, and my work is pretty enjoyable.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1459 on: January 29, 2016, 02:48:34 PM »

I also have a job again Grin Getting paid very nicely, so I'm happy.

Congrats! Smiley
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1460 on: January 29, 2016, 04:11:27 PM »

World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1461 on: January 29, 2016, 06:56:53 PM »
« Edited: January 29, 2016, 07:30:14 PM by Bow all your heads to our adored Mary Katherine. »

For the record, I deleted my post as I felt it more appropriate to ask her personally. The last dozen posts (abortion, quoting prayer) are somewhat out of character.

1. The abortion thing is something I've had 'out-of-character' opinions on for a long time now--longer than I've been religious, actually!--but it's only recently I decided Atlas Forum ought to get my actual views on it.
2. Did you take note of the context in which I quoted the Salve Regina? I like to think 'hassling Calvinists' is very in-character for me.
3. I've decided I'd be willing to discuss this in private (I was undecided on this for a couple of days) but you made a public spectacle of this in another thread and I'm very unhappy about that.

ETA: I don't know why I'm comfortable discussing this privately but not publicly. I'm giving thought to what it will take to marry my girlfriend in a way that more conservative Christians, including her family and a lot of both her and my social circles, will consider legit. Most of the changes in the ways I express and internalize my religiosity lately have had something to do with my relationship with her. (I realize that this will make a lot of Atlas Forum think poorly of her; please take my word for it that the relationship is worth it from my perspective.)

As 'beginning to consider' in my initial post ought to have indicated I'm not decided on going through with doing things this way, and she's not the kind of person who'd force me if I decide not to so there's no need to worry about that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1462 on: January 30, 2016, 01:46:52 AM »

I got drunk and I'm reading about philosophy of mind. Double-aspect theory is fun.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1463 on: January 30, 2016, 06:01:38 PM »

I take back everything I've said about my gender in the past two pages. I've fallen under the influence of radical ideas concocted in certain parts of Continental Europe and ought to be self-aware enough about that that I'm able to separate it from my fundamental self-understanding. I'd appreciate some acknowledgement of this from people in this thread who have previously expressed concern, but I don't want any more public discussion of this affair after that.

I'm still going to be under the influence of said ideas but I'll be processing them and personally applying them differently. I'd be very interested in discussing this further with fellow POF (Posters Of Faith).
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1464 on: January 30, 2016, 10:56:05 PM »

I am reading at my parish tomorrow for the opening of Catholic Schools Week Mass
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1465 on: January 30, 2016, 11:31:23 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 05:03:14 PM by TexasGurl »

I'm finally recognized as an expert in my field.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Your analysis, as usual, was great, but Brie probably had the most funny/poignant/sad line in the article.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1466 on: January 31, 2016, 03:04:43 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 05:03:42 PM by TexasGurl »

Your analysis, as usual, was great, but Brie probably had the most funny/poignant/sad line in the article.

Especially because Canadians don't really elect a prime minister. Only the people of Papineau elected Trudeau last fall.

Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1467 on: January 31, 2016, 03:05:38 AM »
« Edited: May 09, 2021, 05:01:26 PM by TexasGurl »

Especially because Canadians don't really elect a prime minister. Only the people of Papineau elected Trudeau last fall.

Tongue

Now that's a short election, isn't it? Tongue
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1468 on: January 31, 2016, 01:47:02 PM »

I submitted my application to become a registered voter. I should hear back in about three weeks.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1469 on: January 31, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »

Severe weather in my neck of the woods today. I'll live, but it's not gonna be fun Tongue
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1470 on: January 31, 2016, 03:28:01 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2016, 03:29:47 PM by DavidB. »

Thanks Smiley

I submitted my application to become a registered voter. I should hear back in about three weeks.
Awesome!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1471 on: January 31, 2016, 10:03:55 PM »

Eating cup noodles for 5th night in a row, because money. ahahaa...ha.. my life is so sad right now Undecided
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1472 on: January 31, 2016, 10:09:32 PM »

Eating cup noodles for 5th night in a row, because money. ahahaa...ha.. my life is so sad right now Undecided

Sad. Hope everything clears up soon.

On an unrelated note, the Bessell household is watching Grease: Live. I'm beginning to wonder whether Sandy is Mormon or just from Utah.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #1473 on: February 01, 2016, 03:16:27 AM »

I've decided to go back to my traditional Hindu roots and become a vegetarian. 
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1474 on: February 01, 2016, 09:00:07 AM »

Cathcon...you had the best analysis.  The professors analysis was so amateur...and anybody who uses the term "baffled" (always with scientists...scientists always seem to be so f**king baffled) needs to just go away.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies