Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:25:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170341 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1475 on: February 01, 2016, 09:48:09 AM »

I've decided to go back to my traditional Hindu roots and become a vegetarian. 
I'll be going vegetarian, tho not vegan, for Lent again this year. Thankfully, Sundays are in Lent rather than of Lent as I'm not the one making Sunday dinner so I won't have to make a spectacle of not eating the main dish for multiple weeks in a row.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1476 on: February 01, 2016, 03:31:22 PM »

I really wish you the best, Maddy. Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1477 on: February 01, 2016, 04:06:06 PM »

I've decided to go back to my traditional Hindu roots and become a vegetarian. 

FF
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1478 on: February 01, 2016, 06:42:56 PM »

I've somehow managed to find 4 people to stay up, and watch the Iowa results come in which is impressive considering no-one really cares here. Sure we're also trying to finish off an essay but that's beside the point. We've agreed to shots if Trump and Sanders both win; student life at its' best!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1479 on: February 02, 2016, 08:24:22 PM »

Due to technical complications, I didn't take the Jeopardy! test until today. I'd give it a solid B+ or A-: good, but probably not enough to make the next tier. Obviously, my strengths were in American history and geography, but I bombed the only music theory one on there. It was treble clef related and I haven't had to learn much except that everything is moved a space up (bassist) Tongue
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #1480 on: February 03, 2016, 01:42:29 AM »

I found out that apparently I'm "demisexual," although I think that might just be a term invented to make lonely people who just aren't that into sex feel better about themselves.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1481 on: February 03, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »

Something slightly interesting happened Yesterday: I was walking up a slope near a parking lot, lots of trees, and despite my fear of heights I made it to the top! Well, I don't really have a fear of heights, more a fear of falling down them. Anyway, when I got up, there was this forested plateau. Wooded areas as far as the eye can see (which wasn't that far, given the trees blocking my view). I then encountered these tents. A green one, a red one, maybe a blue one--don't remember the details. In the middle of the woods. Perhaps with people in them.

And that's the story. I didn't go try to see what/who was in the tents. Probably the best move for my safety, but the worst for storytelling.

I'm guessing it's the state headquarters for Jim Gilmore's campaign.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1482 on: February 03, 2016, 10:44:07 PM »

Guys. I might be really close to confining my smoking habit to "only when drunk". Since break began, I've been too poor to afford smokes, and gradually the drive for nicotine has pretty much died off. Only reason I bought a pack Monday was due to something woman-related, and I've barely touched it relative to my previous usage. If I'd bought that pack in November, it would've been more than gone in three days' time. This might actually happen.

Congratulations! Hopefully it'll be down to "never" soon enough.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1483 on: February 04, 2016, 06:18:35 PM »

I am now a registered voter, and an official Republican.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1484 on: February 04, 2016, 06:19:47 PM »

Nice Cheesy Congratulations!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1485 on: February 06, 2016, 12:06:50 AM »

In orchestra, we're playing Shostakovich's Fifth Symphony. The Director is a huge fan of Shosty, and he's really attached to the piece, so he got really pissed at the Second Violins when they goofed up. I'm nervous, of course (us basses actually play treble clef at one point on this one) but I think I'll be okay.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #1486 on: February 06, 2016, 04:15:44 AM »

I played golf with my dad, and I've found I'm still really bad at it (like, terrible) but I wasn't as awful as I predicted. I can think strategically enough to manage my crapness--I shank it in an area that maximizes my chances to eventually put the ball in an area close to the hole.

I did hit the best golf shot I've ever hit, though. 40-yards or something, chipped it, and it rolled onto the green...about a foot from the hole.

That made up for the 20+ times I topped it and it went only about 10 feet. Again, I'm terrible at golf.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1487 on: February 07, 2016, 01:17:53 AM »

Had a conversation last night with a friend of mine who's in an accelerated five-year bachelors/masters computer program (it'd be an MS in "Information Assurance"). Apparently you don't actually need to already have computer skills to get in, which is cool, and she's interviewing with frickin' BAE--British Aerospace Engineering or whatever. Incredibly jealous, but I hate technology, and if I went onto do my dream job, it'd be much more theory-based than "cybersecurity" (can barely stand the word "cyber"; sounds like something a sixty-year old uses to sound "hip to the jive" on "tech"). And apparently all the Information Assurance grad courses are online, which means the school charges half-price. Tired of the feeling that the best path to employment in the field I want to get involved in something I have absolutely no instinct for. Looks like academia might be my best bet. Tongue F#cking computer nerds had to destroy the national security field.

Hey now, I'm one of those "computer nerds" you're speaking of, I'm a BSIT major myself.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1488 on: February 07, 2016, 03:32:36 PM »

The infestation of my neighborhood with signs continues, as there are now Chris Christie signs on the overpass over the Merrimack River, because somebody thought putting Christie signs on a bridge was good idea.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1489 on: February 07, 2016, 04:10:07 PM »

The infestation of my neighborhood with signs continues, as there are now Chris Christie signs on the overpass over the Merrimack River, because somebody thought putting Christie signs on a bridge was good idea.

If they put someone else's, Christie-supporting Governor Baker would close it.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1490 on: February 07, 2016, 04:48:06 PM »

Had a conversation last night with a friend of mine who's in an accelerated five-year bachelors/masters computer program (it'd be an MS in "Information Assurance"). Apparently you don't actually need to already have computer skills to get in, which is cool, and she's interviewing with frickin' BAE--British Aerospace Engineering or whatever. Incredibly jealous, but I hate technology, and if I went onto do my dream job, it'd be much more theory-based than "cybersecurity" (can barely stand the word "cyber"; sounds like something a sixty-year old uses to sound "hip to the jive" on "tech"). And apparently all the Information Assurance grad courses are online, which means the school charges half-price. Tired of the feeling that the best path to employment in the field I want to get involved in something I have absolutely no instinct for. Looks like academia might be my best bet. Tongue F#cking computer nerds had to destroy the national security field.

Hey now, I'm one of those "computer nerds" you're speaking
 of, I'm a BSIT major myself.

Cool!  Same, BS/MS CS major here! Smiley
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1491 on: February 07, 2016, 04:51:36 PM »

Hey now, I'm one of those "computer nerds" you're speaking
 of, I'm a BSIT major myself.

Cool!  Same, BS/MS CS major here! Smiley

God, you guys are the worst. Tongue Are you locked-in to a masters program? My school has a rash of accelerated bachelors-masters programs (five year
  • --ranging from Criminal Justice to Engineering) along with "seven year dental", "five year physician's assistant" and so on.
Not locked in, but I've already made a 4-year plan (can get master's + bachelor's in 4 years) and discussed it with my counselor, though I suppose I could change it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1492 on: February 07, 2016, 04:53:16 PM »

No way, me too! BS E-commerce! High 5!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1493 on: February 07, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »

Clearly, you're on your way to greatness, my friend.  All that's left is a good CADD certificate. Wink
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1494 on: February 07, 2016, 08:24:46 PM »

Congrats! Does Connecticut have open primaries?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1495 on: February 08, 2016, 07:03:42 PM »

Another piece for the repertoire: Grieg's Holberg Suite. The first cello is, naturally, totally shredding on Movement IV (Air), but the second violins (it's always the second violins) are kind of screwing up the vibe by playing out of tune. If they don't get their act together soon, they'll feel the wrath of The Director big time. I generally did a good job, but I know I can do better.

Also, they just made a bass joke on How I Met Your Mother. I want y'all to stop ragging on us, but we kind of deserve it Tongue

Should a pistachio allergy be a deal breaker? Very conflicted.

No.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1496 on: February 09, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »

Heh. Just realized that my five year anniversary here passed a few weeks ago.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1497 on: February 09, 2016, 06:59:44 PM »
« Edited: February 09, 2016, 07:12:54 PM by Ted Bessell, Bass God of the West »

I jammed my dang finger, very badly. It's going to make practicing tonight a little complicated.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1498 on: February 09, 2016, 07:06:53 PM »

Practicing what?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04