Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:35:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171062 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: July 26, 2015, 12:37:56 PM »
« edited: July 26, 2015, 12:53:15 PM by Clarko95 »

So last Sunday my parents were out of town and I was home alone. I went upstairs to the guest room to put away my winter blankets, find a new pillow, and then look for gift bags to put my mom's birthday presents in, and put a blanket that was on the bed on the floor, but I didn't put it back.

Today, they accused me of secretly inviting someone over and having sex in the guest room because of this.

So that's how my day is going today.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 08:55:01 PM »

Yeah, not sure how I feel about going back this year. I'm only taking 4 classes

M/W - Professional Ethics, 9:30 - 10:50, work 12 - 5:30

T/R - Intro to Accounting 11 - 12:20, then Business Calculus 12:20 - 1:50, class in Chicago 5:30 - 7:30 (Tuesdays), work 2:30 - 6:30 (Thursdays); Chicago classes and work will flip at the end of September when I move up to the Intermediate level.

Friday/Saturday - work 10 - 5:30

Online class - Organizational Behavior

----------------------------------------------------------------
My Ethics professor sounds (and looks like) an enormous douche already from the syllabus, everyone else is up in the air. Now that the remainder of the few friends who stayed in the area transferred away, I actually have to make friends at PUN, ugh Sad

On the bright side, our new employees at work are pretty cool people and seem competent, but there's a sh_t ton of drama that's been plaguing the company since we opened the new store in May. It now appears I am caught up in it, as I spoke up about my new boss never really showing up, and now she thinks I'm "spying" on her for my old boss and the Big Boss. So that sucks.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 07:32:55 PM »

I arrived to the meeting about my internship. There was no interview. They immediately put me to work. I'm back after a three year absence from politics and for the first time since  November 2012, I truly feel my depression is gone! Smiley

Hooray! Congratulations!
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 08:25:11 PM »

I'm slightly worried about being targeted for appearing like an insider trader due to a slight miscommunication in an interview. I think everything will be fine, but still a bit nervous.

?
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2015, 06:27:52 PM »

When a hot guy walks into your workplace....

.....but then you see he's wearing a Bernie 2016 t-shirt

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:11:52 PM »

It was absolutely perfect. I'll post pics when I get off the SkyTrain. I am so surprised how flawlessly it went and how good it was. I think I even one-upped my mom, which is a cocky thing to say, but whatevs. Tongue
I can't believe I did it.

So here's my Thanksgiving story! Since I was just cooking for me and Tommy, I decided a full bird was impractical, so I got a 1.5 kg turkey breast roast instead. Saved a lot of time...

Unfortunately, it meant the stuffing couldn't actually be "stuffing" in the literal sense, so I made it in a slow cooker. I used whole wheat bread and apple cinnamon bread. I added a bunch of spices, as well as apple, walnuts, and craisins. It was probably my favourite thing from the meal.

I also made these candied carrots that were unlike anything I've ever had before. They were roasted in the oven with olive oil, maple syrup, honey, and coriander. After roasting, I tossed them with sesame seeds, chopped tarragon, and pomegranate seeds.

I boiled up some beans (boring) for another vegetable.

The mashed potatoes were a garlic mash, one-fourth sweet potato and three-fourths russets. I added chives and sour cream. They were so good, but I had to make them a little ahead of time to get everything done, and heating them in the oven before dinner kinda changed the texture... oh well!

I also had cranberry sauce from a can and packaged gravy that I spiced up with white wine and drippings. Shortcuts are sometimes worth it, and honestly, the gravy was so good that it didn't even matter. All in all, the meal was a big success!

Sadly didn't get a picture of the pumpkin pie, but it was a store-bought shortcut, so I don't have anything to brag about on that front anyway. I couldn't have made a better pie anyway... t'was fantastic.

And then we lounged around in our food-comas for a couple hours. Tongue

Anyway, yeah! Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends! Smiley Smiley Smiley

um excuse you but thanksgiving comes after halloween; silly canadians need to learn to do things right if we're going to be neighbors k thnks
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 08:11:20 PM »

Change your destructive habits pronto or we'll flatten Toronto
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 07:18:02 PM »

I, for one, welcome our new frat bro overlord
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 09:11:12 AM »

I'm figuring out the symptoms of depression and sort of thinking about in the context of my life, and have come to realize I've been in a deep depression for years now. Going to try to get help.

Damn Max Sad I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope that help will help you resolve your issues quickly
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:34 PM »

Fun Fact: In Italian, the word for a chronically late person is "ritardatario"

Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2015, 07:41:09 PM »

I'm not sure why I quoted your post there. Sorry about that, although I'm pretty sure I was sure to spell out that I was directly addressing Classic Conservative.
'

Yea, I thought so, I was just confused.

TELL US WHY YOU STOPPED WATCHING FOX NEWS INTELL. TELL US WHY.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2015, 07:12:47 PM »

Well I passed my calculus class!!!! I went from a 58% last week to a 71% with the final and a HUGE curve.

Anyways, I'm extremely disappointed with the teaching quality at Purdue Northwest. I'm very strongly considering transferring to the University of Illinois at Chicago, because their accounting program includes non-profit courses as part of the Bachelors' degree, as opposed to Purdue not including it at all. Additionally, UIC offers minors and majors in Italian, which I would love to take. And finally, being in Chicago would make more internship opportunities available to me. I'm looking into Metra's summer internship and several companies by O'Hare, and if I move in with my aunt and uncle in Chicago, commuting would be very easy.

It costs hella $$$$ though Sad

Got offered a paid research position for next summer! Part of my duties would be to map the birth places and places of death of the 100+ passengers on the Mayflower for a history my prof is writing.

Did I die and go to Atlas sperg heaven?

This is actually bomb Smiley You should tell us about, y'know, after you finish telling us about your roomate's views that you never got around to actually doing on AAD after I asked you too *glares at you*

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies