Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:46:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170779 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: April 02, 2015, 09:24:04 PM »

So from April 24th to 25th I'll be at Liberty University for the Debate State Tournament here in VA. Last time it was rather fun (but, you know, I'd never want to go there). I'll make sure to take some pictures of the more outlandish things I see there.

In school news, I've decided that I have two options. George Mason or TCC (Tidewater Community College) with guaranteed admission to William and Mary. Keep in mind that with AP credits I'd only have to do 3 years at GMU and 1 year at TCC and 2 years at William and Mary. It's a hard choice IMO as GMU has those nice DC internships and the fact that it's near a city while the TCC option is basically a cheap way to get a more valuable degree than one from GMU, but I have to stay home for another year and Williamsburg is in the middle of nowhere.

Firstly, cool beans that you're literally going to be 45 minutes South of me. My condolences it's Liberty and not some other college in Lynchburg...oh well it's a nice town.

Secondly, I'd aim for straight shot of four years does one a lot better not to deal with transfer BS, it's a lot easier to retain friends, and professor networking too.

And thirdly,  valuable degree shmaluable shmegree...what matters more is what is done with the degree and how you sell yourself with it. That's one asset I do like about liberal arts places...so much BS...but ya' never know what comes in handy.

And finally, no shame in taking a break for the sake of work or for some kind re-evaluation....it's a taxing burnout to go four years straight. Almost makes me wish I went on a mission...almost.

I'm having really severe self-doubts. This wouldn't be the most sensitive crowd to which to explain of what kind, exactly, but take my word for it that it's bad.

PM box is open if you need it.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2015, 12:54:50 PM »

For those who notice my absence, my grandmother passed away at 93, and thus I will be driving out tomorrow to attend the burial, which will be in Montana on Tuesday. Sad Cry

....My condolences.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 12:12:10 PM »

My boyfriend has recently decided to start getting mad at me and arguing with me about really stupid things. It's quite fun. Apparently my not wanting to wear gloves when doing the dishes is apocalyptic. Who knew?

A few of my roommates actually,...the ones that could be bothered to clean up after themselves occasionally I mean.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 05:56:02 PM »

....Taxes by oneself....makes buzzwords like "simplify the tax code" look all very appetizing
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 10:47:05 PM »

Life is on the upswing for me in 2015, after a disasterous 2014.

1.) I found out that I can graduate a whole semester early since I took so many AP and Dual Credit courses in high school + taking as many classes as I can early on to eliminate all my general education credits, and with a little summer school I can graduate two semesters early and not have a 2017-2018 school year at all, which frees me up to study abroad at Bocconi Unversity in Milan, Italy in the Spring and Summer terms of 2018.

2.) I'm being promoted to full time (40 hours/week) at work, up from the previous 30. Also, we're opening our second store in Schererville on May 1st; it's almost completely set up, just some modest remodeling and the final decorating touches. The new store is sosososososo cool! The plan is to expand into Illinois sometime next year depening on how the new one goes; we're not certain where yet, but they're considering Palos Heights, Tinley Park, Homewood, Hazel Crest, or even into one of Chicago's borderline neighborhoods. Since I'll have worked there for nearly 5 years and completed 4 years of interning, they're floating the idea of hiring me either in the office or as a store manager in 2018 when I come back. Very exciting times Smiley

3.) I'll be in Sweden from May 10th-17th (primarily Stockholm area), and then Italy from the 17th - 27th (we're spending 4 days in Rome, 4 days in Naples & Cilento, then 2 days in Milan). We're doing all the touristy stuff in Rome, then I'm free to explore Naples, Herculaneum, and Cilento, and then in Milan I scheduled an academic advising appointment with Bocconi on the 25th, to talk about my options for studying there (I'll have completed my Bachelors by then) and getting an internship. On the 26th we're getting tickets to Expo 2015 (world's fair! It's food themed! Perfect country for that!) and spending the whole day there, before coming back on the 27th.

...not to brag or anything Tongue

...If you're not going to Siena, Pisa, Florence, Venice or Assisi, then you're getting a bum rap of Italy.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 04:23:30 AM »

Six hours of being stranded at a junky little station in Wytheville, VA...all because one Greyhound broke down.

But alas, Greyhound is truly the way to get anywhere in 'ol Appalchia if one lacks a car.

That is why I'm posting this at 5-something AM
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 02:15:03 PM »

A friend and his other half from America staying with us (who was not injured) was involved in a serious road traffic accident. His other half is here and will be here for as long as it takes but our friend has been unconscious for three days and is critical. Things are a little tough right now.
Your friends are in my prayers.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:49:58 AM »

About to be home (which I changed I avvie for) in a matter of moments

After delay after delay after delay...thank heavens.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 11:41:49 PM »

Hi, crossposting this from AAD to here so it can be on both sites. I don't really want to attention whore about this, but coming out to all you internet people is a step towards coming out IRL which is a very intimidating thought

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not necessarily, there've been woman who have preferred the name of "King" just because of the implications of power it has that Queen supposedly lacks.

But if Bacon Queen is it now, then I can roll with that, BQ's actually quite catchy.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2015, 01:23:27 AM »

I'm very happy for you, B.

Though I think Queen Bacon sounds way way better than Bacon Queen.

Well if we get to flip titles, Empress Bacon then. Tongue
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »

I haven't ever used this, but I think this is as good of an entry to post about as any so here goes:

I have no idea how it happened or where it happened exactly, but I lost my wallet. So yeah, I'm spending a screwy amount of time fixing up all these cards that were in it. [luckily not a single credit card, that's just not a can worms I feel like opening yet].

And I have three weeks to make sure everything returns....
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 03:25:53 AM »

Can't sleep, feeling financially ruined and afraid to try ANYTHING to improve the situation.

A PM would be very much welcome.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 07:54:43 AM »

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2015, 09:35:42 PM »

Welp, finals begin next week. Looks like I'm gonna hafta resume absence.

Thanksgiving was kind enough to let things up a moment and I should be back after Tuesday when the worst finals are done.

But if I screw anything up, I'm super senioring rather than graduating...that would suck.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2015, 08:09:00 PM »

I've finished my worst finals, so I'm back.

Now I hope that I didn't screw up, because being a Super Senior would suck. Scratch that, it would completely swallow...that's how epic it would be.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2015, 04:23:24 PM »

Welp, I just had my last finals today, hopefully my last ever as an undergrad.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2016, 08:28:21 PM »
« Edited: January 05, 2016, 10:55:51 PM by L.D. Smith, Bay Area Conservadem »

Ugh. I just found out that I have a class with my ex this quarter. We haven't seen or spoken to each other in years and we did not have a good breakup. Here's to an awkward and generally soul-draining ten weeks!

You don't know that to a certainty, especially because it's been years. Unless one of y'all's a grudge holder that can't move on, things may turn out just okay...you might even be friends again, if no one does anything stupid.

....As for me, trying to get my act together to start applying for various Masters Programs...and...having a lot of internal nervous breakdowns.  I had no idea that a MA. Ed and an MAT were different. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies