Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:28:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170978 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: March 04, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »

Got my first college acceptance (GMU) and feel good about it, as I didn't apply early anywhere.

Still procrastinating on a lot of work that I have to make up...
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:00:35 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2015, 10:03:25 AM by Pacific Speaker Türkisblau »

Have been feeling pretty poorly the last couple weeks, particularly with being tired even though I've been getting full nights of sleep. My therapist (started seeing her after my father passed) thinks I may be depressed and wants to prescribe me antidepressants next time I see her if I don't start feeling better.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 01:17:48 AM »

So from April 24th to 25th I'll be at Liberty University for the Debate State Tournament here in VA. Last time it was rather fun (but, you know, I'd never want to go there). I'll make sure to take some pictures of the more outlandish things I see there.

In school news, I've decided that I have two options. George Mason or TCC (Tidewater Community College) with guaranteed admission to William and Mary. Keep in mind that with AP credits I'd only have to do 3 years at GMU and 1 year at TCC and 2 years at William and Mary. It's a hard choice IMO as GMU has those nice DC internships and the fact that it's near a city while the TCC option is basically a cheap way to get a more valuable degree than one from GMU, but I have to stay home for another year and Williamsburg is in the middle of nowhere.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 07:12:59 PM »

Oh yes, because it is totally worth hanging your place of employment out to dry in order to attend "Queer Studies Conference - Rainbow Intersectionality: Coming Out at the Crossroads of Identities."

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »

Cool that you got into an alpha, but it's really not very interesting if you don't tell us which game Tongue
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 01:44:15 AM »

Listening to From the New World. What a great symphony. I haven't heard it in too long.

I love Dvorak! That symphony is what first got me into classical, and it was the subject of many Quiz Bowl questions along with Rhapsody in Blue.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 03:25:38 PM »

I have to read eight chapters of Genesis, two of Exodus, one of Numbers, fifty pages of Understanding the Old Testament, Ambrose's sermon against Auxentius (notable for the charming use of 'worse than a Jew' as a term of opprobrium), and Jerome's letter to Eustochium, and I'm not really looking forward to any of it except Genesis.

Quit religion. Then you don't have to Smiley

These kinds of classes are the kind that you take once you get out of Algebra and US History class Smiley
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 08:01:15 AM »

My dorm's power just went out lol
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 10:26:36 AM »

Attended a TRUMP rally last night. It was truly a life changing experience for me and I'd encourage any anti-TRUMP believers to attend one. So much energy!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2015, 02:15:50 PM »

Got offered a paid research position for next summer! Part of my duties would be to map the birth places and places of death of the 100+ passengers on the Mayflower for a history my prof is writing.

Did I die and go to Atlas sperg heaven?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2015, 02:32:28 PM »

just successfully got appointed to my first two-year term in a technically relevant but highly arbitrary government position

a child
Pretty cool, not surprised that someone like you, a politically minded kid from an upper middle class connected family, would get the position. Congrats! Smiley

Sick burn, man.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »

I think Senator Richard Blumenthal is in the Seminar Room at my school library right now.

I'm in my school library.

Disgusting.

Not jew-y enough for you, eh?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 10:36:44 PM »
« Edited: February 14, 2016, 10:38:37 PM by Türkisblau »

So college is turning out better and better...

Received news that I have been accepted as a Resident Adviser for next school year; I not only got the position but have been placed in an upperclassman-only dorm (I am currently a freshman, will be a sophomore next school year), so I won't have to deal with freshmen! It's a very competitive program so I thought that there was no way I would even get it at all. A lot of friends of mine who I felt were more qualified than I am didn't even get alternate Sad

Between my summer research gig and this, I feel like I have everything working out for me for about the first time in my life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies