Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:03:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170958 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« on: July 06, 2015, 11:21:12 AM »

I met Lady Bird Johnson today
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 05:13:23 PM »

IKR Tongue

But in real news, today I unfortunately went through the rough equivalent of a break-up. Sad

It hurts terribly (first time Tongue), but I don't think I've come to a full realization of what has happened yet (jeez, I can't wait).
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 07:48:16 AM »

School begins tomorrow Smiley / Sad
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 10:15:53 PM »

I'm going to a Ted Cruz event tomorrow so I'm wicked excited!!! then I start school on Monday Sad

Luckyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 07:49:27 PM »

Sorry to hear that.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 05:07:25 PM »

Tryouts for the Wilmington Symphony are tomorrow, and I'm ill-prepared. Tongue

Made it!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:59 PM »

Seems like the most plausible explanation.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 06:00:54 PM »

I have kind of an understanding with this girl I like; she likes me too, but we're not 'together' (yet) because we want to see if our feelings will stay (or, since they'll inevitably cool and change since that's what feelings do, if we'll still want to commit to each other regardless then). I'm happy with the situation, although a little nervous about the future, especially if our feelings don't cool and change in the same direction or at the same time.

The only person I really like at my school is sixteen, which, believe it or not, is way too old.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 11:43:22 PM »

Please pray for my new friend Alex. I just literally talked him down from jumping off the fifth floor of my building. He needs all the support he can get. God is alive tonight and he put me there for a reason, but I still fear this guy might do something stupid soon, so I implore you for your prayers.

I'm extremely sorry to hear that; I do hope things work out alright.

I would recommend trying to spend as much time with him as possible, as one of the best ways to brighten someone's day (or life as a whole) is to show them that there are people who care for them. Generally, spending time with other people fosters a great improvement in one's mood over spending time alone.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:48:47 PM »

Please pray for my new friend Alex. I just literally talked him down from jumping off the fifth floor of my building. He needs all the support he can get. God is alive tonight and he put me there for a reason, but I still fear this guy might do something stupid soon, so I implore you for your prayers.

I'm extremely sorry to hear that; I do hope things work out alright.

I would recommend trying to spend as much time with him as possible, as one of the best ways to brighten someone's day (or life as a whole) is to show them that there are people who care for them. Generally, spending time with other people fosters a great improvement in one's mood over spending time alone.
Yeah, I just texted him. He left his phone at his girlfriends place (who just left him for a gay man, according to him. He seemed pretty messed up and I've been drunk since 4:00 PM) so I won't be hearing from him for a while, but still, I'll try and follow up on him.

The best course of action would probably be to actually be with him in person, as doing so would let you (a) make sure he doesn't do anything like that again and (b) be able to actually talk to him face-to-face, which is often more effective than communicating digitally.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 12:25:29 AM »

Is anyone going to the Bernie rally on Sunday in Greensboro?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 11:44:13 PM »

Just got back, my life is perfect.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

My aunt with cancer will probably begin receiving hospice care. 

Sad

I hope she does alright.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »

I have to read eight chapters of Genesis, two of Exodus, one of Numbers, fifty pages of Understanding the Old Testament, Ambrose's sermon against Auxentius (notable for the charming use of 'worse than a Jew' as a term of opprobrium), and Jerome's letter to Eustochium, and I'm not really looking forward to any of it except Genesis.

Quit religion. Then you don't have to Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 12:19:54 PM »

Apparently some morons in my university went to a frat party wearing blackface. Ugh. Welcome to America, I guess...

In a frat? Not surprising.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »

Sympathies towards TDASO4 and Classic.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

READY TO TRUMP
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 01:47:09 PM »

just successfully got appointed to my first two-year term in a technically relevant but highly arbitrary government position

a child
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »

lol
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 08:01:41 PM »

Good job!

I have just arrived in good ol' New Jersey to meet the cousins and possibly some of NYC. Cheesy
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2016, 05:05:57 PM »

A girl I went to high school with died from an overdose on Friday. I didn't know her or much about her besides her profane rants about Christians, fellow students, and teachers on Facebook and she left the school during Junior year. Still quite sad to see somebody dead so young.

Sad
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2016, 08:27:21 PM »

Update: Finished Salo in it's entirety. I don't know what to say. I'm just in a shocked state. I think I'm just going to pull an all nighter because there isn't going to be any sleep anyway.

D:
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »

So Friday was the first meeting of the aforementioned irrelevant government committee that I was able to join...

The other people there were more prominent than I thought they would be; the district judge was in charge of the committee and a few local police heads were in attendance as well. It was kind of awkward being the only child in a room full of people 40+ years old, but the inordinate amount of Trump support that I happened to overhear was at least partially soothing. Also present were a few local perennial candidates who I'm guessing only joined the committee to take pictures with the judge (they kept badgering him for a photo until he finally gave in).

We mostly just listened to one of the police heads talk; one of my most vivid memories is the apparently large amount of Snapchat-related violence that has made itself present in the area recently. There was also a rather significant fight between two of the members over nothing really but it was still quite interesting.

bleh
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2016, 12:43:22 PM »

Yeah, apparently they're used a lot in gang-related incidents because they cannot be tracked once they get deleted (even deleted texts, etc. can be tracked using servers).
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 01:29:40 PM »

So the rally went amazing, I asked him a question about religious persecution in the Middle East. Then at the end I had Cruz sign a present for my history teacher which is the Immigration and Naturalization Act of 1952 and a NY Times Photographer saw it and snapped a few photos and the Washington Post photographer who was interviewing the guy next to us heard about my present and interviewed us all in all it was awesome. Ted for President

wow Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies