Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:16:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170921 times)
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:15 PM »

Winter has arrived here.  We got like an inch and a half of snow on Saturday and the polar vortex has invaded thanks to two competing storms near Alaska (which is a monster) and one near Greenland, which squeezed the vortex that likes to sit in northern Canada down closer to the north side of Lake Superior.

The deer hunters like it because they can track deer better with a light covering of snow.

The lake is freezing.  I can hear the waves hitting the ice which extends a third of the way across the lake.  Itll be frozen solid within a few days as the cold will stick around.

I see animal tracks all over. Theres a juvenile rabbit that hangs around as well as plentiful squirrels, chipmunks, and lately a few honky trumpeter swans.  Oh, and owls.  Its always quaint when you walk out into the cold, white dark and you hear the haunting "who? Who!?" Coming from a tree somewhere.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:39:47 PM »

My GF was hit by a car earlier today.  Not as serious as it could be– we're still waiting on MRI results but probably nothing broken?– but the whole incident was a shocking display of selfishness and inhumanity on the part of the driver and I have been quaking with rage all day.

Will have much more to say about this later.
Im sorry to hear this and I hope she is okay.  If you have time later, could you tell us what happened?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 11:30:55 PM »

Wow those are not the two last posts i was expecting.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 03:11:45 PM »

My monthly salary in Colombia will apparently be 1,378,018...

Colombian pesos. Tongue I'm gonna need to wrap my head around big numbers.

what are you going to be doing?
Apparently counting pesos
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 09:37:19 PM »

My monthly salary in Colombia will apparently be 1,378,018...

Colombian pesos. Tongue I'm gonna need to wrap my head around big numbers.
Wait, you will win 766117 euros a month?

Ah, gagner... Tongue

Sorry,
you will earn Tongue
The English equivalent to gagner is garner.  One can garner wages, but that's more the act of collecting your pay check, which is the sum of money you earned by working.  You can also win a wage increase...but you do not win the wage itself.

I hope that's now absolutely clear Tongue
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »

Simfan is letting his low self esteem ruin him.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 12:25:57 PM »

Last night I drank wine and ate a lot of broccoli and fell asleep watching Gilmore Girls.
Did you have a gas of a time?  Broccoli and wine sound like a dangerous combo.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 03:22:14 PM »

So I met this girl and we talk for hours regularly and she's wonderful.
Alfie did you find a new best friend?  Those are the kind that last a lifetime.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 03:09:07 PM »

I'm going to be out of contact for a few days. I'd prefer not to discuss why.
I'd prefer it if you did, Mad.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:00 PM »

Generally: Medical scare, hospital, et cetera.
Specifically: Really would prefer not to say, but I promise it's nothing life-threatening.
Well, I'm glad it's not life threatening and I hope all is well.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:51 AM »

Its retromike...he was just commenting on how historic the linguine was and his new nerdy bff's kitteh ears perked up 'did you say historical linguistics?' And mike was like 'as long as you like the couch in my basement, I said whatever you want, honey.

Wink

Anyway...congratulations, mike.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 11:25:30 AM »

A few posts above I mentioned that an older brother of mine died a few weeks ago.  Not a single condolence response from any of you?  Ok.  Nice "community."

anvi I swear I did not see it. My heartfelt condolences. 

Yeah...a lot gets lost in this thread Sad. I'm sorry to hear that...especially as he can't have been very old.  I hope your family and his is hanging in there.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »

Meanwhile I get a half a page of congratulations because a girl rubbed her ass on my crotch. Stay classy, Atlas.

More importantly, sorry for your loss, Anvi.

Why do I get the feeling that that 'girl' was a chair...and that you were the only one moving?  Cheesy
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:39 PM »

Getting ready for the second date Smiley I hope the traffic isn't too bad...
Lol.  I hope the traffic is jammed no matter how light it is.  Safe sex is important.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 09:04:40 PM »

I'm going to New York city from May 23rd to the 27th. Still looking for ideas on what to see.
The statue of Liberty with harbor ferry is a sure bet for awesome pictures.  Visit ground zero too.  Otherwise just get off the beaten path and explore.  See a show.  Research restaurants (you can eat anything you want at any price level)...and meet up and have a pop with Bedstuy, Simfan, Lief, and all the other posters nearby!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2015, 09:08:18 PM »

I'm sitting outside trying to enjoy the weather and some horrid person is smoking an e-cigarette. Yes, I can smell it. It doesn't smell like a conventional cigarette but it smells like something - I just can't quite tell what.

I'm waiting for Harris County to join the civilized world and implement a blanket ban on outdoor smoking.

cringe tbh
Indeed.  Dont love your freedom so much that you would use government force to push it on others.  Love their freedom too.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2015, 10:00:11 PM »

I'm sitting outside trying to enjoy the weather and some horrid person is smoking an e-cigarette. Yes, I can smell it. It doesn't smell like a conventional cigarette but it smells like something - I just can't quite tell what.

I'm waiting for Harris County to join the civilized world and implement a blanket ban on outdoor smoking.

Gasoline has a smell, outdoor cooking has a smell, backyard fires have a smell, when your neighbor is using their dryer to do their laundry, that has a smell.

When people start wantonly spraying gasoline everywhere, I'll call for a ban on doing that too.

Outdoor cooking and backyard fires and laundry are all things done in the privacy of one's home. If people want to disperse toxic chemicals through their respiratory system, let them do it at home.

There's no reason for people to have any business smoking in public places.
Lol.  And what is Indy Texas driving around but wantonly spraying burnt gas everywhere, offending everyone around?

Be careful what you wish for, wanton smoker.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 07:47:27 PM »

F**king air conditioning. It's f**king everywhere. In every. Damn. Building. I went to LA to finally get some warmth, and instead I end up freezing like an idiot. And now I thing I caught a cold. A f**king cold in LA in September!!!

And it wastes billions of dollars. And pollutes the environment. F**king disgusting.

It's quite telling that everyone says they love hot and dry Southwestern weather, but can't live without cranking up the AC and draining the Colorado for their turfgrass lawns.

It's almost like, maybe just maybe, cold and wet is the way to go.

That's not the issue here. LA weather is perfectly livable without the AC. It's not that people need it - it's not even that it's a luxury comfort. I mean, some air conditioning would be fine for most people I guess, but here it's friggin' cold. It's the equivalent of buying a very expensive wine that tastes like crap when there are cheaper wines that taste better. It's doing it just 'coz we can.

Besides, it's a bit disingenuous to say "cold and wet is the way to go". Heating costs money and pollutes too.
It's actually been really hot in LA lately.  Highs in the 90s with lows in the 70s.  While not as humid, as, say, New Orleans or Orlando... it has also not been dry by any means.

When you consider the southern location of LA, the strong sun heats buildings up so they are often hotter than the outside.  That would mean interiors of buildings getting at least into the low to mid 80s and staying there.  And those days when it gets to just shy of 100F...

Methinks you doth protest too much.  j

Or.... more likely... you're in a microclimate close to the ocean.  Something most people from LA are not part of.  So it's cooler there.  But your comment was about people in LA... so how am I to know?

THe forecast for the next week is for more of the same.  Highs ranging from 86*F (30C) to 93*F (37C) and lows around 70-75 or 21-23C.

Meanwhile, in Paris.. it is some 20*F cooler... so yeah. 

Also:  Your headaches might be caused by pollution rather than cool (read: 72*F) air.  It is LA.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2016, 07:36:37 PM »

I fainted on the way to class this morning. Was out for about 10 minutes in a gas station store because I felt it coming on. Of course no one helped me, lol. Now I'm stuck in the school hospital, and they're mad at me for going to my first class, agh.

E: good evening world i went to said thank u all for being concused about me but this is between god and me
I think you might still be groggy.  Bepause u don't making any sense about ur faint but s okay between god and me
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 09:00:07 AM »

Cathcon...you had the best analysis.  The professors analysis was so amateur...and anybody who uses the term "baffled" (always with scientists...scientists always seem to be so f**king baffled) needs to just go away.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies