Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:18:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170950 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: November 07, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »

I'm feeling more suicidal than I have in...weeks.

well then you got through it last time, right? hopefully it helps to know that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »

So I witnessed another burglary last night.

What's wrong with your area? Normal people never witness a burglary. The most troubling events in my lower-middle-class neighboorhood (classy mobile homes) were a suicide and, a few weeks ago, a cat kidnapping.

A cat kidnapping?  That's just sick.  As someone who's had their house burglarized, I'd say a cat kidnapping is worse.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »

My depression has gone from 'worrying' through 'damaging' to 'debilitating'. I tried to kill myself earlier. I couldn't go for my daily bike ride because I cried so hard that I pulled several muscles. Opinion of Nathan: Insane and a mega-HP.

Please take care of yourself and get help.  You need to make a plan now for the next time you get an urge to do something to yourself.  Please call someone and be willing to check into the ER or a mental health facility.  You are in Boston, correct?  I hope you can find this useful:
http://www.massgeneral.org/psychiatry/services/aps_home.aspx
http://www.namimass.org/
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »

My monthly salary in Colombia will apparently be 1,378,018...

Colombian pesos. Tongue I'm gonna need to wrap my head around big numbers.

what are you going to be doing?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 11:20:57 PM »

A girl I knew from the camp I have worked at was found dead in her dorm room yesterday.  I only knew her a little, but she was a kind and creative person. They haven't released the cause of death. If anyone here goes to Princeton you know of this.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 04:31:37 PM »

My dreams of the past two years have just been shattered.

A very dramatic entry. Could you elaborate a bit?

Stanford and Berkeley rejected my application.

To be honest, I'm taking it better than I thought I would. I don't really feel that sad, just weird.

maybe you can find somewhere else to go?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2015, 12:12:06 AM »

Yesterday evening I was probably the drunkest I've ever been, so that was quite... interesting. My drunk persona is very weird.

In other bizarre news, my picture was in today's local paper.

are these two things by any chance related?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

wow... is that a sign for a business?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

Found out how I'm related to King David (and therefore Jesus) so that's cool.

!  wow, I'd love to see that family tree. how many generations back is David?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 12:28:33 AM »

Just remembered I'm supposed to bring something to my office's Saint Patrick's Day Potluck tomorrow.

First of all, who the #$%^ has a Saint Patrick's Day Potluck?

Second, what would one bring to such an event that isn't beer? Daytime drinking at work is best confined to surreptitious cocktails with tiny airline liquor bottles one keeps in one's bottom desk drawer. So, what, then? Potatoes? Corned beef and cabbage? Communion wafers?

Either potato leek soup, or if you're in a hurry, a box of Lucky Charms.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2015, 02:24:14 PM »

I suck at knowing what to say, and add to that whenever I hear about someone dying around my parents' age it brings up a big fear of mine - I mean to come back to a post or comment soon and have something to say, but too often forget to. I forget in that moment that just saying something however clumsy to acknowledge the person speaking and their loss is the most important thing.

I am sorry for your loss anvi, and I hope you find some peace right now.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 11:31:15 PM »

There was some sort of wall collapse tonight at the building where I take art classes. No one knows yet how it happened, but there was a lot of construction recently in an adjacent building so may be related.  No one was there to get hurt, thank God. It's weird I was just there earlier today. The awful part is there are studios there where artists make their living, and a lot of fantastic artwork there so I hope the damage is not overwhelming.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2015, 02:20:48 PM »

I wrote a brutally sarcastic essay for my English class for the Sister Cities Essay Contest that I was forced to participate in, and sure enough I won Tongue. Now I get a check for $150 and have to attend a function with my teacher. Ugh.
  congrats!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:26 PM »

every time I open this thread, it skips one or two new posts. Is this happening for anyone else?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

I call the internal medicine clinic at a hospital I go to for psych care because I need a primary care physician.
I say I have "point of service" coverage.  The person has never heard this term before.
They say before they can put me into the system (at the same hospital) they need to make sure they are part of the insurance network.  The fact that my insurance covers care in a different department at the same hospital is apparently not enough, and that I need to call my insurance to make sure.

I call my insurance, eventually navigate to an actual person. This person can't find the hospital in their list, and so asks for the number.  I give him the number I just called, he calls there, and then tells me the hospital said they accept the insurance.

lol wtf? 

thankfully the person I spoke to when I called the hospital back was reasonably competent and quickly found my info on the system.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2015, 11:56:30 AM »

I was almost assaulted by a weedwacker wielding maniac while trying to drop off a door hanger at his house. I literally came within three feet away from getting my face hit (and probably cut open) by the device while the man screamed at me to "stay the  away from my house." The man proceeded to pull out his camera and film us, and then had the gall to flip me off while I walked away. I remember his name and house so to avoid it in the future. Had I been actually injured, I'd have called the police, but with the Washington Post covering our office today, I figured it was best to avoid any drama and let it go.

are they giving you combat pay?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2015, 12:23:26 AM »

Met Ted today it was fabulous, also got a selfie with the presidential selfie girls.

who?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2015, 11:29:33 AM »

I meant, who are these presidential selfie girls?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:28 AM »

Please pray for my new friend Alex. I just literally talked him down from jumping off the fifth floor of my building. He needs all the support he can get. God is alive tonight and he put me there for a reason, but I still fear this guy might do something stupid soon, so I implore you for your prayers.

sure thing.

If you can I'd suggest you encourage him to check himself into a hospital/mental health facility.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »

I now have a cat. A refugee cat. A white-light brown (orange) one.

Last weekend at 1 or 2am, there was a sudden screeching noise outside which woke me up. Apparently, a fight between the cat and another cat (or dog ?) was going on and lasted for about 15 minutes. This is not something unusual, because I hear it occasionally during the year (mostly when the male cats are horny and want to f**k the female cats and chase them around the area). So, I went to sleep again. The other day though, and there was a massive windstorm going on, the cat was sitting outside in a pile of leaves. The whole day, not moving. This was not normal I thought. The next morning the cat was still sitting there and I approached it. The cat was traumatized, shaking all over and apparently her paws were red with blood, so she was definitely in a fight. I made her a windproof shelter with a cushion inside and gave her milk and cat food. Now she's at good health again, eating a lot and purring around again. But (the male cat) won't leave again. Not that I mind the company, but it would be better if she'd go back to where she came from. Maybe someone is missing her. And she's made herself comfortable in my welfare shelter, when in fact she should be out catching mice on her own. What if more refugee cats are coming ?

awwwww.... post pics please!
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »

This is worrying.  What did you do?    How are you?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2015, 02:39:56 PM »

Why is Introduction to Russian so high on your list? My experience in language intro courses is that you don't learn very much so they're not of much value down the line... and since you seem so interested in the other courses... well... it's not my place to say, but... yeah.

I can brag about nothing in terms of language skills outside of English, and the area I want to get into would likely demand knowledge of at least one foreign language. Given that I'm almost entirely unwilling to torture myself with Arabic or Chinese, and I don't ever plan on being a border patrol agent, Russian looks to be acceptable in the current state of the globe. It's a European language that appears based on Greek, so I can't imagine it would be unbearably difficult. Nevertheless, I've next to no exposure to Russian aside from reading most of "Hunt for the Red Oktober", so I'd be pensive about going into a higher level Russkie course. The other language I'd like to learn would be German, but I don't see us having a rather large geopolitical controversy with them soon, so...

[Also, I've checked around, and it seems like community colleges in the Detroit area--Wayne, Oakland, Macomb--don't have Russian courses, so it's not like I could just plow through an entire certificate in one summer somewhere else. Might do that with German though at some point.]

The relation of Greek to Russian is similar to the relation of Latin to English: not the main source, but many borrowings including the basis of the alphabet.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2015, 12:15:54 PM »

This month has been a tough one, I've buried three people who are very close to me. Earlier on October I buried my uncle, then today I buried one of my good friends and on Wednesday I bury an aunt of mine.

dang, sorry to hear that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »

Interesting day at work. Boss called a meeting of all employees near the end of the day. Enraged, he demanded that every employee cash their paycheck at one of two specific local banks or be fired. This bizarre restriction only applies to this paycheck, my first at this new place, which is for only a few hours of the time I actually worked. In other words less than the value of the dinner I bought tonight. I'll have to make sure that the money they owe me is added to the next one, hopefully won't be a problem.

I'm saddened that I am once again up at 1AM. Need to get to sleep on time more often. Shouldn't have drank that pepsi.

what the hell   why are bosses such lunatics?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 08:08:20 PM »

Still no word from my brother. He didn't show up at his doctor's appointment, apparently.

hope everything's ok.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies