Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:31:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 171428 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: November 21, 2014, 03:40:43 AM »
« edited: November 21, 2014, 03:44:31 AM by IDS Judicial Overlord PiT »

I have a temporary staff position that's expiring soon, but I should be able to get another one based on talking to one of my co-workers. I have inside tracks on a couple of permanent staff positions, and am interviewing for both on Monday. For one, my work experience has uniquely qualified me for the position and I have already passed one in-person interview. The other, I am already familiar with several people on the search committee and I know that they have high opinions of my work.

My attitude towards applying and interviewing is a rather existential state of not expecting any outcome and simply trying my hardest for the sake of trying my hardest. If I get the job, I can be overjoyed because I didn't expect to get it, and I will not be saddened if I am rejected for the same reason. However, I have no expectation of failure to hold me back in the interview process either. With that said, I am cautiously optimistic. As is typical for me, I have backup plans in place, in case things don't pan out.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 02:55:48 AM »

My impacted wisdom teeth have begun to show. On the left side of my mouth, I can feel the jagged edge of a tooth behind the last one on the left.

One of my wisdom teeth is partially impacted. It's not fun.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 04:17:01 AM »

I also have self-esteem issues, mainly due to my difficulty in getting ahead in life. The people I work with lavish me with praise for my performance (which I don't work very hard at, but I still produce what they need and very quickly to boot), but it doesn't help me get a permanent position. I get along well and make fast friends with everyone I meet, but it doesn't help me get a date. It's hard not to think that I am at fault for this.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 02:24:55 AM »

I ended up joining a union without knowing it. In my current university position I received a promotion, but HR neglected to update my appointment. When I wrote them and they fianlly got around to it, I was also moved into a different position that just so happened to be union. The first I learned of this was receiving a Teamster newsletter in the mail.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 07:27:01 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 07:28:42 PM by IDS Judicial Overlord PiT »

Another mediocre interview. It wouldn't have been bad, but they both mentioned how important communication skills are for the job, and I am entirely inarticulate. When I speak, words come out in a random order.
I'm never gonna get a job. Sad

Time to find a credit card machine sales position.

I used to have a severe speech impediment. It's tough to deal with and hiring managers who barely even know you aren't going to be very understanding. I was personally lucky in that it was something that I learned to manage and overcome on my own, but I'm not going to say that the same applies for everyone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies