Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:40:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone III - The Whinge Binge  (Read 170901 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: December 26, 2014, 10:51:45 AM »

I had a nightmare that I forgot to study for one of my exams. My god.

This happened to me last week about a class I took the previous semester. Horrifying.

Last night was just the usual, oh no, class started 10 minutes ago!! I don't know what to do! Just some mysterious ethics class after finance that I didn't even take last semester.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 04:58:38 PM »

I spent all break studying for a CLEP exam in Psychology thinking it would get me credit for my final general arts class. I managed to get a 700 - typically enough for credit, but then I found out my school doesn't give credit unless you are a part-time student. Unbelievable waste of time. My poor reading abilities fail me yet again...

Now I may just wind up taking it online over the summer if there's no way around this.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 11:21:23 PM »

Looks like I'll be applying to be a firefighter for my township. The website didn't specify the need for any prior experience, so I'm hoping that it would involve department-provided (or at least facilitated) training. I doubt they'd be too keen on having a 19-year old who hasn't really lived in the area for almost two years work there for only four months, but oh well.

Doesn't seem as far-fetched as you think - it may not be like the west coast where there's a peak season, but if it's an open position, I'm sure they don't mind even temporarily filling it. Could be tough, but it would be quite an interesting experience to waste 3-5 minutes of an internship interview the next year. Makes quite the memorable candidate. Good luck!
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2015, 05:34:56 PM »

I don't want to come off as rude, but didn't you identify as asexual at one point?

Asexuals very often have relationships...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 01:54:54 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2015, 02:02:32 PM by SMilo »

Another mediocre interview. It wouldn't have been bad, but they both mentioned how important communication skills are for the job, and I am entirely inarticulate. When I speak, words come out in a random order.
I'm never gonna get a job. Sad

Time to find a credit card machine sales position.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2015, 06:57:37 AM »

Almost forgot: Went bowling over the weekend. Managed to score a 9 by the 2nd frame each time despite my years long absence.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »

Was gonna go see the ultra-rare Ivy League championship tomorrow night but change of plans: NYC for the school's first BET championship in 20 years!! Really hoping the opponent is Georgetown.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 03:05:42 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2015, 03:11:43 PM by SMilo »

Came home today and the conversation with my brother (mjmsh22) obviously turned to Update. I like to keep him aware of the less serious aspects of the site. Eventually we veered into some old classics and I brought up the sock puppet from the Kansas City ballet, a name which he recognized - but he not from FC because he never goes in here. His Italian teacher from two years ago frequently spoke about a son by that name. We both thought it was almost certainly a coincidence, but in disbelief I continued describing him which matched everything he knew about him - especially being quite liberal. After I showed a picture, he confirmed that was certainly his teacher's son. She spoke about the ballet too much for it to be a coincidence. I'm in complete shock! 3 degrees of separation from him. And technically I have spoken to Prof twice so perhaps just two degrees depending how you count it.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »

Happy Birthday, indeed! I can't believe how young you are judging by your serious breadth of knowledge.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2015, 01:05:02 PM »

One of the questions on my nonsense class final today was What Does CAD(D) stand for. This was not covered in said class. Thank you Update.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 04:39:11 PM »

I just got done voting. #66. Surprisingly strong turnout.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 01:25:18 PM by Srs Trump Supporter »

Ahhh, officially moved a few towns west to a slightly nicer apartment yesterday. Two more small pieces will arrive Tuesday and my bedroom will be complete! A little sad to be a bit farther from the city, but I'll certainly manage. Too excited for something that minor to be an issue.

Even more sadly though, the the tv/wifi wires in the wall are broken so my time without cable is approaching 4 months. It was good to go without it for awhile as it was a bad habit of mine to have that on all day, but this better be fixed before college football kicks off. I don't know what I'll do for the US Open...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »

Ahhh, officially moved a few towns west to a slightly nicer apartment yesterday. Two more small pieces will arrive Tuesday and my bedroom will be complete! A little sad to be a bit farther from the city, but I'll certainly manage. Too excited for something that minor to be an issue.

Even more sadly though, the the tv/wifi wires in the wall are broken so my time without cable is approaching 4 months. It was good to go without it for awhile as it was a bad habit of mine to have that on all day, but this better be fixed before college football kicks off. I don't know what I'll do for the US Open...

Is this for college, or like what?

Yes, senior year though it may be beyond that. We'll see where I manage to find employment. Even closer to my internship than where I spent the summer so that could be on the table.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2015, 06:31:10 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 08:22:02 PM by Srs Trump Supporter »

Same! It was my first time as there are few none near central NJ. I though I was simply in heaven.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 10:28:16 AM »

I have a professor who loves to shout about THE PRICE OF GOLD! At first I got a silent chuckle out of it, but then I realized his initials, momentarily horrified - J.J. (R-PA). Surprise
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2015, 05:24:56 PM »

I have a professor who loves to shout about THE PRICE OF GOLD! At first I got a silent chuckle out of it, but then I realized his initials, momentarily horrified - J.J. (R-PA). Surprise

Really? Do you go to school in Philly?

Yea, 15 minutes west so basically. Even stranger is that if he graduated college at age 22, then he is the same age as J.J. listed in his profile. But there's no way. He doesn't have the personality of an Atlas poster. It can't be.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 03:14:32 PM »

I had a giant debate today with my History teacher about Hillary Clinton today, she's a big fan and I challenged her to six Lincoln Douglas style debates.

Disrespectful tbh
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 09:41:40 PM »
« Edited: October 04, 2015, 09:50:46 PM by smilo »

On account of the city-wide threat of a college campus shooting at 2pm tomorrow, I will be taking my 2nd intentional unexcused absence during my time here. Better safe than sorry in spite of the low chance considering my classroom is the "open-room design" in the lobby of the building with by far the highest traffic. Seems like no one will be going to class tomorrow across the city from what I'm hearing. #StuffHappens
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »

On account of the city-wide threat of a college campus shooting at 2pm tomorrow, I will be taking my 2nd intentional unexcused absence during my time here. Better safe than sorry in spite of the low chance considering my classroom is the "open-room design" in the lobby of the building with by far the highest traffic. Seems like no one will be going to class tomorrow across the city from what I'm hearing. #StuffHappens
Where does this threat come from?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's all we've gotten.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 11:34:25 PM »

I'm absolutely convinced that ISIS is going to attack us/try to attack us on Black Friday. I haven't been paranoid about a potential terrorist attack since 2007, but I actually have this lingering paranoia about it for some reason. Then again, I never have and never will go shopping on Black Friday, nor do I think ISIS is going to attack Tallahassee (or anywhere close to Florida, for that matter).

If I'm wrong, feel free to make fun of me. But what if I'm right? Tongue

Stop, you're scaring me. I'm gonna be out and about New York obviously. RIP in peace smilo I guess Sad
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 12:35:52 AM »

Is anyone actually surprised? From my vast experience in dealing with people who went to private high school (no offense to anyone who did), they not only appear much less intelligent on the aggregate, but they are very narrow minded (and look how narrow minded I am! For me to say that...) and in college tend to expect the professors to cater to them directly, almost expecting grading scales to be changed for them with no success ("how can you help me out?")!! Many are very identifiable. Some of that is a sort of selective memory bias in that I observe these traits in only a few people who all happen to have gone to private school while I know a large portion of private schoolers, but all-in-all, it should be quite obvious the public education is doing a much better job (caveat for severely disadvantaged communities of course but I think we all know what comparisons I'm drawing).

I'll even call out my own kind - Catholic high schools are a lot of the blame for certain teaching styles they specifically push (though it is improving recently).

Hope I didn't offend anyone too badly. If you're posting on Atlas, I highly doubt you're part of the group I'm defining.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2015, 12:52:38 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2015, 12:54:15 AM by smilo »

e: Also he's supposed to be Catholic? What's with the effusive praise of Billy Graham and general Protestantishness? And "G-d"? Isn't that strictly an Orthodox Jewish thing?

Yeah, I didn't mean narrow minded in the southern sense, just in general.

And I'd imagine when you're a freshman in high school who wants to become obsessed with an ideology, you do everything to conform to it. The Evangelicals associated with religion are the loudest speakers and therefore must be the most religious and moral even though you don't realize they are effectively in contradiction with your religion. (OK, maybe you didn't have that problem). I'm not sure if we should chalk that up to atheism taking over on the left, Catholics becoming less ethnic, or being a teenage boy. Probably a mixture

In fairness, he is all about that Latin mass if that means anything at all.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
« Edited: December 02, 2015, 12:01:47 PM by smilo »

Yeah, I should definitely clarify - I was improperly using Catholic and private synonymously. Obviously these elite competitive privates that we see are in a separate category.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2015, 06:05:58 PM »

What a day - nearly got hit by two cars turning in a hurry after yellow light went off this morning, then immediately after, I did get hit by some woman pulling out of a parking lot when I was barely moving, smashing my front tire bad (another bicyclist couldn't believe my underreaction of not calling her out as she was completely at fault), and on the way home, if I wasn't fully anticipating a girl speeding 40 mph to a skidding halt in the crosswalk, I would've been in the hospital for sure. There I put my foot down the lane before and started yelling. I may be effeminate, but I'm also an angry northeasterner if I have to.

Seriously warming up to these anti-driver laws.

Guess I gotta go get a new wheel...Again.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2015, 04:33:45 PM »

My conservative Catholic school is going to let us wear "holiday hats" on Thursday. I am very tempted to wear a turban.

How very festive! Do you appropriate culture often?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies